• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Installer Error "Insufficient Disk Space" but I have more than enough.

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2013 Apr 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to download the Photoshop CS6 trial. My computer has 2 hard drives, one is full but the other has plenty of space. Yet when I try to install Photoshop, and set it to save on that hard drive, it's not working and says that there's insufficient disk space when there's more than enough on that one. Photoshop tells me I require 1 Gb, I have 600+ Gb, I don't know why it's giving me this proiblem. Is there something I'm doing wrong? I've reinstall the Download Assistant several times, I was sure to assign it to the correct hard drive. Same for installing Photoshop. What else can I do to try and solve this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 11, 2013 Apr 11, 2013

This won't work. You need at least 3GB of space on your C: drive no matter what. The Download assistant itself will always install in teh default global programs folder and even if you choose to install Photoshop on D:, some shared Adobe components will always be installed to C:. Similalrly, all your temporary files and the installer extraction happen on C, if not defined otehrwise. refer to this:

Installation Preparations

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are you install photoshop onto your c drive?

are you installing from your c drive?  ie, the installation files are on your c drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My c: drive is full. It's my second, d:, that I use to download and install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Please empty your %temp%, And Free up alteast 3gigs on your C: Drive (for temp files to extract and install)
  2. Please provide permissions to the following folder's, also run the setup in Administrative / Elevated Mode
    • C:\Program Files\Adobe
    • C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe
    • C:\Program Files\Common Files\Macrovision Shared
    • C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe
    • C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe
    • C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Macrovision Shared
    • C:\ProgramData\Adobe
    • C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet
    • C:\Users\<user_name>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe
    • C:\Users\<user_name>\AppData\Roaming\com.adobe (All com.adobe files)
    • C:\Users\<user_name>\AppData\Local\Adobe
    • C:\Users\<user_name>\AppData\LocalLow\Adobe

- LP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't do that, it's not my actual computer, I share it with my brother. The c: only holds 59 GB , it's full. This is a gaming PC, which was built by the company that sells it. The way my brother explained it to me is that d: drive would act like the main drive, but because of the way the tower was built, the company switched the drives around and assigned the wrong ones. So installing and downloading things can be a problem. It's a mess. I just want to know if there is a way to use the d: drive to download Photoshop. Simple as that. No deletinng anything because none of these files are mine to make that choice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

installing any adobe program on a non-c drive is problematic.  it may be doable but you're likely to encounter problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This won't work. You need at least 3GB of space on your C: drive no matter what. The Download assistant itself will always install in teh default global programs folder and even if you choose to install Photoshop on D:, some shared Adobe components will always be installed to C:. Similalrly, all your temporary files and the installer extraction happen on C, if not defined otehrwise. refer to this:

Installation Preparations

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah ok, that's what I thought. Thanks for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines