• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop on a Case Sensitive Drive???

Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2020 Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After reformatting my computer to a case sensitive drive, I can not longer seem to install Photoshop, yet I am locked into a one year subscription... Furthermore, as you can see from the screenshot within my account, it clearly says that Photoshop "Works with my system"... So, which is it? Does it work or not? If so, what are the install instructions. If not, aside from reformatting my drive (again) what are my other options? Partition off another drive that's not case sensitive and toggle back and forth??

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Too much of a headache. I downloaded Capture One and it's working perfectly so I will switch to that. If I have to continue paying for a subscription for something I can no longer use then I will unfortunately do so. However, Adobe should consider making their platform compatible or at least accommodating subscribers when things like this occur...

Thank you all for your feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of your OS?

How much RAM and spare disk capacity do you have?

What happens when you try and install Photoshop via the Creative Cloud app?

Have you subscribed to the Photography Plan (which includes Lightroom)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version: 10.15.7

2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7

16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

931 GB of space available.

Yes, I have the photography plan and Lightroom would not install either. Both gave the same error message saying that they were not able to be used on case sensative drives. Even if Lightroom would install, I still need photoshop...

I downloaded it from my creative Cloud. is there another download or online app I am unaware of?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe softwares are not compatible with case sensitive drives, so you will have to reformat your computer to a non case sensitive format to use the software. See the following for more details.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/error-case-sensitive-drives-supported.html

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For security purposes I can't reformat my drive. Can I create another volume and toggle back and forth? If not I may have to cancel my subscription...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please ensure your computer meets or exceeds the minimum system requirements to run Creative Cloud + all other apps you intend to use. Check each one.
https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html

Case Sensitive error

Solution: Install the product onto an HFS+ or HFSJ non-case-sensitive drive.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/error-case-sensitive-drives-supported.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Thank you... My system was not case sensitive when I got my subscription. Now it will not work...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What security purposes? Is this computer owned by a corporation or in a government environment?

Do you work with government or corporate top secret documents?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is irrelevant. I need to keep it that way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you change your system so it no longer works, it doesn't stop the contract you took out to pay for a year. Adding a case insensitive data disk will not solve it, Adobe giftware must be installed on a system disk that is case insensitive. Consider dual boot. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have instructions for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(Sorry, for "giftware" read "software"). Dual boot is a standard Mac procedure. You can connect external disks and install macOS on the disk. Then choose which one to boot using "Startup disk" in System Preferences or by holding the Alt key on boot. This is normally used for testing new systems, and running multiple systems if you need to run software with different needs. Adobe can't advise or support on this, and Apple don't seem to offer much info, but it is very commonly done and much discussed on the web. Once booted you can install Creative Cloud on the new disk; DON'T try to run any copy found on the old disk!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Too much of a headache. I downloaded Capture One and it's working perfectly so I will switch to that. If I have to continue paying for a subscription for something I can no longer use then I will unfortunately do so. However, Adobe should consider making their platform compatible or at least accommodating subscribers when things like this occur...

Thank you all for your feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the future, So people don't have to download the image you have attached, please use the Insert Photos icon found in the Tool Bar of the Post and Reply text entry dialog window as pictured below.
If you can please Edit your post to remove the Attached screen shot and Include it in the body of the text of your post.

You do that by Clicking the "More..." link at the bottom of your post, Selecting "Edit Message" and then use the "Insert Photos" icon in the tool bar at the top of the Post/Reply/Edit dialog box.
If you can't edit your post please include the screen shot you attached to a new reply to this conversation.
The Insert Photos icon is this one in the Tool Bar.
2020-06-07 19_13_42-Camera Raw Brush tool problem - Adobe Support Community - 11189555.png

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to know. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines