• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Please make available on Linux

Explorer ,
Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems like all requests for this have been locked so I thought I'd start a new one. Im shocked that people have been asking for this for over a decade and Adobe has not done it.

Ya know what - screw Apple and screw Microsoft. The ONLY reason I am using Windows 10 at this moment is because as a photographer I have to have Photoshop. I want to be able to choose my operating system by what works best for me and NOT have Adobe choose my operating system options for me!

I've spent almost $1000 on Adobe products since starting my professional career and im seriously looking for an alternative so that I can escape from the Windows 10 hideous, clunky operating system and not be trapped into buying Apples overpriced and limited hardware options. You know what would happen if you made CC available on Linux? Microsoft would be forced to make their OS pretty and sleek and Apple would be forced to improve their product line. The consumer ultimately wins! Right now the creative consumer is stuck with two bad choices if they want to keep using your products!

Come on, Adobe. Get it together! Give the people want they WANT! Give us FREEDOM!

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>Im shocked... Give us FREEDOM

As you said, Linux has been requested for over 10 years... since 8-29-2012 that I know of, and maybe before that date https://community.adobe.com/t5/Get-Started/Creative-Cloud-for-Linux-Ubuntu/td-p/4407103

You have all the freedom you want... use Google to find alternatives to Adobe programs if they are not what you want... Adobe is not forcing you to buy from Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no professional alternative to Photoshop. Until GIMP is as good as Photoshop I am stuck using Adobe products and forced to use whatever OS they support.

If you have managed to find a professional alternative to Photoshop using Google, then I salute your google skills, for you have found things that don't exist - but please do link me to where I can download this imaginary software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

1 - I said alternative, I did not say "as good" as the similar Adobe programs

2 - I am completely happy with Win10 and the Adobe programs I use

3 - If the market is as large as you claim, some Linux developer will write "as good" programs

4 - Since https://www.gimp.org/ is "open source" so any Linux developer may work on the program, it would SEEM to be that the interest is not high enough to make a program that pleases you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines