• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Please make switching accounts seamless

Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a Creative Director I have an Adobe ID associated to my company email and have a full Adobe CC licence.
As a Photographer, I have subscribed to the new Lightroom CC with my personal Adobe ID.

The procedure to switch from one account to the other is absolutely painful and makes me want to just not use Lightroom CC at all (and it's the same with other photographers I know). This becomes particularly excruciating when I travel, because I can keep the 2 IDs separate on different workstations when in the office/home, but I would only have one laptop when travelling (or even when I get back and may want to continue editing a picture on my working machine, because it makes more sense to edit in on the 27'' Retina than on the 13'' laptop). That's my case but it seems from yearly-going conversations that this is a much requested feature.

With the CC app always on I'm sure it shouldn't be much of an issue to verify on the spot whether I'm launching an application for which the active ID doesn't have a licence, and then simply switch by clicking on my avatar and select the right one (or even simply recognise and decide which account to activate according on the application I'm using). Even, if both accounts have a Lightroom CC subscription, let me decide where to upload the photo I'm editing case by case.

Multiple accounts are becoming the norm and not just for individuals but for businesses as well, so please make the switch as seamless and simple as possible. The way it's handled now makes no practical or commercial sense.
I realise this is more a feature request than a request to the community, so let's try to ask... Does anybody know if a good solution is already available? How do you guys handle multiple IDs on one machine right now?

Cheers!

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2023 Jul 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is driving me insane. I've never had this problem on any other software suite.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 13, 2023 Jul 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Hunter Wilson 

again, address adobe, not other users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines