• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Please make switching accounts seamless

Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a Creative Director I have an Adobe ID associated to my company email and have a full Adobe CC licence.
As a Photographer, I have subscribed to the new Lightroom CC with my personal Adobe ID.

The procedure to switch from one account to the other is absolutely painful and makes me want to just not use Lightroom CC at all (and it's the same with other photographers I know). This becomes particularly excruciating when I travel, because I can keep the 2 IDs separate on different workstations when in the office/home, but I would only have one laptop when travelling (or even when I get back and may want to continue editing a picture on my working machine, because it makes more sense to edit in on the 27'' Retina than on the 13'' laptop). That's my case but it seems from yearly-going conversations that this is a much requested feature.

With the CC app always on I'm sure it shouldn't be much of an issue to verify on the spot whether I'm launching an application for which the active ID doesn't have a licence, and then simply switch by clicking on my avatar and select the right one (or even simply recognise and decide which account to activate according on the application I'm using). Even, if both accounts have a Lightroom CC subscription, let me decide where to upload the photo I'm editing case by case.

Multiple accounts are becoming the norm and not just for individuals but for businesses as well, so please make the switch as seamless and simple as possible. The way it's handled now makes no practical or commercial sense.
I realise this is more a feature request than a request to the community, so let's try to ask... Does anybody know if a good solution is already available? How do you guys handle multiple IDs on one machine right now?

Cheers!

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

to switch you simply sign out of one adobe id and sign in to another, correct?

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/sign-in-out-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, technically. The whole experience is
a) You get a popup message warning you that you are deactivating all the CC applications, stop file syncing, remove Typekit fonts, etc (which I should probably only have to acknowledge one time, not every time)
b) You're logged out, but the window is closed so you have to go back to the system bar, find and click the CC icon and sign up again
c) This doesn't seem to be doable when offline and will also trigger the download of everything that was removed with the previous logout, which is also causing unnecessary bandwidth consumption... In my travelling case, it might be quite an issue, as this includes all RAW files in Lightroom CC as well (maybe keep all in the cloud and only give me a small thumbnail at 60% compression, then I choose which one to download?)
d) Whatever ID was active in the browser it will still be active and any click to "manage account" would require to go through the steps again, and then again (surely Adobe could push any change with websockets). Some screens, like "complete your registration", would also have the email field disabled with no ways of changing it other than open another window, go to the Adobe website and logout.

In my message I didn't say the switch was not at all possible, but that it is not as seamless or issue-free as it could (and maybe should) be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried this, it's a poor experience, if you have to switch between multiple times a day. Sorry, switch account should be a no-brainer, especially, since Adobe has moved everything as a subscription only, cloud enabled model. I'm wondering why is this an afterthought? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe I shouldn't even be switching.
Both profiles could be active in the background through the CC app, then upon launching Lightroom CC or any other application it should be application itself that verifies which ID to use, and if both have a valid subscription, let me choose the ID to use and then require to relaunch to switch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can request that here, Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to say I have a very similar experience - I have one machine (Imac) at work - I freelance in film, so we have to provide our own equipment. Then I have another IMac for my home studio, and a laptop for visiting clients/presentations. I have to continually switch between the three computers, even though I use them all for my business. I understand under license the amount is only 2 computers, but realistically, this is just a pain in the ass to switch. The switch should be located in the Cloud App icon drop down under settings - simply giving the option to switch license between computers. That would be so much easier and quicker. But currently, the process is long and involves logging into the desktop dashboard, as you've described.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2020 Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, I wouldn't mind logging off and back on if it didn't take so damn long.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar situation. I just joined a new company, and my manager allowed me to purchase CC as I need it for work. Currently I am waiting for my PCARD to arrive in the mail so that I can use it to purchase for the annual subscription. Since I already have an Adobe ID, so I used that existing (personal) Adobe ID to download for the 7-days free trial on my work laptop. I'm wondering whether I would be better off if I should just create a new "Adobe ID" associated with my (new) work email address, instead of using my existing "personal" Adobe ID for the free trial? Any thoughts?

For sure after I get my PCARD then I will use it to purchase the annual CC subscription but keep wondering if I would run into trouble to switch accounts later...

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did discover that as soon as the profile picture changes, I am using the new account. I don't have to wait for Creative Cloud to do whatever it is doing (and which I couldn't care less). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in exactly the same situation.
There are a CC account given by the company and a CC account contracted with Plaibae separately.
Certainly it may be convenient if you can switch seamlessly, but this time there is a risk that other problems will occur (when using on a shared PC, e-mail address will be leaked to others). think.
As others have pointed out, there may be some inconveniences by logging out once and logging in again with another account, but I think that the current method has a more secure side ..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, please. Adobe has moved everything online as a subscription model. Users create apps that helps manage things for other customers, improve user experience. Why should this be an afterthought here ? So, I tried signing out and signing back in. There's a 2FA, and then sign in - at least 6 steps. Now imagine switching between logins multiple times a day. This should be done ASAP, IMHO. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ditto! I have both my account I use for the office, and my personal one that I use for my side business. Even before the pandemic, I would need to switch accounts from my office & home computer. Logging in & out plus all the glitches that happen with sync issues and fonts makes it a hassle. Social media makes it a lot easier from switching accounts, not sure why Adobe can't be the same. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How apt that the "correct" answer is "add it to the wishlist"! 

And now, 5 years after the original post, the new Teams CC login has made things even worse. Take a lesson from Dropbox (or so many other companies) and allow people to seemlessly manage multiple profiles. It's utterly ludicrous that to access another profile, I have to log out and log back in with EXACTLY THE SAME login credentials. This is an infuriating and cumbersome user experience. 

The only real solution is to close my personal account and use the business one with the intent that, if ever I leave the company, I'll copy my personal stuff back. LUDICROUS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding to this, it's still an issue. Same situation as others have described. I've got a work-related "Personal" profile for CC, and an "Enterprise" profile for Captivate.  Up until the new Profiles thing launched, I could open Captivate, switch accounts while it was open, launch CC and then create any graphic/video elements I needed for the Captivate project and just jump between software platforms. Now every time I need to go from Captivate to CC, it's the same three-minute process of logging out, logging back in, waiting...  and to make it even more obnoxious, after I log into the Captivate account, when I launch the software it begins to open, then an Adobe box pops up saying I need to "Sign In" to use the license I've JUST SIGNED INTO.  I click 'sign-in', Captivate crashes, it tells me I'm now allowed to use the software I've JUST SIGNED INTO, and there is a 50/50 chance it will NOT re-open on its own.  Absolutely horrific UX.  Touting the new "Profile Management" as a great boon to users is a total marketing fabrication. It has totally screwed up my workflow and made it almost impossible to get into a design groove and actually be productive.  And on top of that, I'm hearing that Captivate is (or has already gone) to a subscription model (but -not- part of CC. WTF?)  and the standalone we bought 6 months ago is no longer going to be supported???   I have been an Adobe fan for close to 25 years and it's becoming more aparent by the day that the company I fell in love with has lost touch with what made it great.  It makes me sad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the adobe forums are a means for users to communicate with other users.  complaining here about adobe corp may make someone feel better, but get something changed by adobe can't be accomplished by posting here.

it may not help to post on the wish form either, but it has a better chance of success than venting here.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please submit your feedback to Adobe developers here:

https://www.adobe.com/go/wish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2022 Jul 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+ 1000
Indeed, this is such a painpoint. Please take some inspiration from how Figma or Slack are doing it. That's the way to go

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@shintetsu, please take the time to read any of the suggestions here on how to handle this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not know how Figma or Slack are doing "it", but for sure it is hell complicated to hold different IDs consequently apart. It's more than just switching from user 1 to user 2.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Abambo Well I don't know how much you know about product management & strategy, but users don't care how complicated something is to implement – if the competition / industry does it, it becomes a base expectation. And as a customer-centric product company you're gonna have to deal with that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You confuse me with Adobe. I‘m a user like you. Half of my professional life, I did programming on a system an user level. The other half, I was a user like most of us. I have the great advantage, to understand both worlds. From a security standpoint, it‘s a nightmare to mix both, private accounts and professional accounts. From an organizational point of view, IT cannot like having users installing private software.

I understand your pain points, but, at least in my company, you would not be allowed to use your professional computer for private use. On travel, I have both laptops with me, my private and my company laptop.

Abambo.

Sent from my iPad
ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2023 Mar 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this happened yet? It's been like five years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 05, 2023 Mar 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines