• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Portable verions of Lightroom - legit?

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2018 Jul 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have bought a copy of Lightroom CC Classic that is a "portable" version, ie it does not install in the registry and is "never ending" ie not subscription Apparently it's from portable.com.

Is this a legit/legal version?

Thanks

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 29, 2018 Jul 29, 2018

using a browser that allows popups and cookies,  contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here and, when available, click 'chat', http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/service-ccm.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no, it's not legit.  Adobe Genuine software FAQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not only is that a hacked version to defeat the license, it MAY contain malware to lurk in the background and steal your information

If you do banking using your computer, you may have your information stolen and sent to a thief

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2018 Jul 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. I believe you may be right but it could yet be that there is an agreement between Adobe and Portable.com that we don't know about.

Is there an official Adobe rep on here that can answer definitevly for Adobe either way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's definitive.

click the message 1 link and read if you want more info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - I did - but I though there is lots of info I couldn't see anything directly eg about portable versions never being Adobe authorised. I may have missed it obviously!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While I'm not entirely clear what product portableapps.com are offering it seems to be free software for trying to make your apps portable. As such it doesn't seem to include Lightroom or any other Adobe software.

It may be that some other seller is using this app and throwing in illegal software without the authority of either portableapps or Adobe (but you see both logos).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

using a browser that allows popups and cookies,  contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here and, when available, click 'chat', http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/service-ccm.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies - the company is actually portableapps.com not portable.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines