Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Problem deactivating/uninstalling

Explorer ,
Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got a new Macbook Air and want to deactivate/uninstall the cc apps on the old one before before passing it on to someone else.  That system had only Creative Cloud and Lightroom Classic installed on it.

I opened LR Classic and signed out.  Next I ran the LR uninstall app.  Everything went as I expected.

Next I tried running the Creative Cloud uninstall app.  It would not complete the uninstall process, giving me a message which said "Couldn't uninstall Creative Cloud for the desktop. You still have Creative Cloud applications installed on your computer that require it".  I do NOT have any that I know of.  I don't see any in my applications folder.  I also opened the Creative Cloud app and looked to see if it shows any apps installed.  It does not.

What is going on with this and how do I get around it ??

TOPICS
Activation, Creative Cloud, Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The online tech support guy from Adobe gave me a link to download an (other?) uninstaller.  I downloaded it and ran it. It said it was uninstalling the CC desktop app, but when I looked in my Finder/Applications folder Adobe Creative Cloud was still there, and when I ran the uninstall app in the CC folder I got the same message as in the above post.  This does not make any sense.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines