• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with Creative Cloud Desktop app since update to Windows 8.1

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2013 Oct 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have updated my desktop and laptop to Windows 8.1 over the past day, and have noticed a problem with the Creative Cloud Desktop app.

Some menu items when I right-click on either the CC system tray icon, or click on the Settings menu icon in the app interface itself do not show.  I've included a screenshot of the problem.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the desktop app, but this has not worked.  Any ideas?

ccissue.png

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 08, 2013 Nov 08, 2013

If you update to the current version of the Creative Cloud desktop application it should allow you to resolve this difficulty.  For more information please see Creative Cloud desktop has missing text in Windows 8.1 - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-missing-text.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 113 Replies 113
Explorer ,
Dec 11, 2013 Dec 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what I get on Windows 8.1 (64-bit) - can't even UPDATE anything. Well done Adobe!

Untitled-4.fw.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2013 Oct 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not working for me, i've done this process of uninstalling, cleaning, restarting and installing several times now.

Are there other files to delete?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2013 Oct 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but I installed the latest desktop app this morning and the app menu still does not display or work correctly as per the original posters screen grab.

Regards,

Nick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok this is getting silly now, paying nearly £50 a month - I don't expect to see this on launch.
Untitled-1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. Gettin pretty old tbh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just like to report I am having the same issue with Windows 8.1 (to add to the pressure on Adobe to do something about this issue). Thankfully Photoshop seems unaffected.

Video card: ATI Radeon HD 3870 (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM v1.1)

Driver Provider: Avanced Micro Devices, Inc.

Driver: 8.97.10.6

Driver Date: 20/06/2012

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2013 Oct 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The update did nothing for me either. It took some effort to install it and confirm it was the new version, but once there it behaves exactly like the old one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2013 Nov 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just adding my name to this list of frustrated customers also with the same issue. I reinstalled to fix the issue with the "floating icon window", however it still has the blank menu issue.

I am running a GeForce 9600GT with the Latest drivers.

On a side note to the OP "Lee_M", funnily enough my name is also Leigh M... lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 06, 2013 Nov 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a bug with the latest update, and we will be releasing an update to fix it very soon.

Sorry about all of the hassle and trouble.

mike chambers

emsh@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2013 Nov 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems this is fixed now.

I uninstalled the Creative Cloud desktop app.

Reinstall - if you have a new or old installer on hand, it does not seem to really matter because the latest gets downboaded anyway.

DONE. All my menus etc are back as they should be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 07, 2013 Nov 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are still facing issues after installing the latest Creative Cloud app update please let us know. The latest version is 1.2.1.260. You can check the version from Account tab within the preferences (screen shot is a little dated).

(click to view larger)

sign_out.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2013 Nov 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

David_B - this is now working on Windows 8.1, thank you.

I'm sure everyone here would agree that Adobe has been very slow to pick this one up and fix it. Lots of disgruntled customers is not a good thing. Adobe may be a big company but please don't forget the only reason you're as big as you are is because of your customers.  Don't forget that and in particular don't forget those of us who've backed your new strategy and signed up for your SaaS products.

Best wishes

Steve Wood

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interestingly I had a call yesterday from an Adobe support person about this - maybe phoning several people on the forum who have been raising this issue over the last few weeks. I was impressed that he did call - rather late though but appreciated all the same. If only they had publically said that they were looking into it earlier. No dates for a fix etc were needed - just that they were aware of the issue. I think that would have gone some way to controlling some of the anger expressed here and on Twitter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you update to the current version of the Creative Cloud desktop application it should allow you to resolve this difficulty.  For more information please see Creative Cloud desktop has missing text in Windows 8.1 - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-missing-text.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines