• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Unknown Server Error" - That's what the CC program says when I try to log in! Help!

Explorer ,
Jun 17, 2013 Jun 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The CC Program updated and now I can't log in! 

I wanted to update my Adobe programs to CC versions.  I saw that they were all ready in the Program Manager, but I restarted first because I wanted everything to update perfectly.  OOPS, When I restarted the Application Manager said it was auto updating.  The new one seems to be merged with the Creative Cloud panel.  Now every time I try to log in I just get "Unknown Server Error".

I checked on the program manager which ones needed updating and uninstalled those because I have a 120g ssd C: drive on my video editor PC.  Now my programs are gone and I can't install the new ones!!!   HELP!!

I have been long awaiting the CC release (because there is a significant bug in Premiere that I was anxiously awating a fix for promised in C...   I am rignt in the middle of a project for a client that used footage that suffered from this bug.  Since I tried to upgrade, I'm out of the frying pan and it to the fire.  Now I'm really stuck!

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jun 18, 2013 Jun 18, 2013

The opm.db file delete got me back on track (Mac OSX 10.8.4). Also sent the PDApp.log to priyank. Thanks guys!

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2013 Jun 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bas,

This worked for me to. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Deleting the opm.db and relogging into CC worked for me as well!

Thanks for the hint!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The opm.db file delete got me back on track (Mac OSX 10.8.4). Also sent the PDApp.log to priyank. Thanks guys!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to say this worked, Thankyou. it was really helpful to knowabout the "hidden" User library on the Mac. You learn something new everyday...!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2013 Oct 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!

It worked for me.

Adobe CC | Mac OS X 10.8.5

Cheers,

Egils

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here!

I did everything written before but still unable to access creative cloud apps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please fix the Unknown server error Adobe team - Same problem here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Problem for the 'unknown server error'. And now can't use Muse anymore... because enable to log in creative cloud...!!!!

I'm running Windows 7 (64 bits)

on more hint:

when try to log in 'folio builder' with indesign CC I got this error

doc2.png

so it's not a connection to the 'adobe server' for authentification that it's not working (try to mispelle use user id, you will realize that you have the connection). It's after the validation with the server.

So it's seem that is a local problem not a connection problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

For users facing "Unknown Server Error" on logging in to Creative Cloud. Can you please mail PDApp.log from location :

1. %temp% in Windows

2 ~/Library/Logs/PDApp.log

to priyjain@adobe.com

To get this working please follow solution described by BasBrinkman. Please send us the log files this would help us in debugging the issue.

-Priyank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sounds like a stupid question but I have no opm.db file to delete in my OOBE folder. I can't find that file anywhere on my computer.

(Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE/PDApp) Are my only options. Is there something else to delete to make the fix work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Location of OPM.db would be ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE/opm.db

Priyank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2013-06-18 at 11.22.39 AM.png

I am missing something then...I think I am in the right spot but there is nothing there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The ~ indicates the user library. This library is hidden on OS X 10.7 > To find the right location use:

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/access-hidden-user-library-files.html

Method 2

Hold down the Alt (Option) key when using the Go menu. The user library folder is listed below the current user's home directory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thankyou Dvd, I didn't know that the user's library was hidden.

Deleting the opm.db worked for me too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2013 Aug 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After going as far as post 24, I went back to the tried and true time machine and restored my old Adobe manage and assorted file.  Restarted the MacBook Pro and started Adobe Application Manager.app.  after a few minutes with the whirling ball of doom, the applications came up and Bridge CC is now downloading properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines