• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"validating software license" loop

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2017 Jan 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to launch Photoshop from the Adobe Creative Cloud apps menu I get a popup that says "validating software license" that spins for about 20 seconds then disappears, only to reappear shortly after and repeat, and repeat, and repeat. Photoshop never launches. It was running fine on this Windows 7 computer up until about a week ago.

adobe-2.JPG

I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times. Both Photoshop alone, and uninstalled and reinstalled in combination with Creative Cloud. I have also uninstalled, deleted the folders C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe PCD, C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\caps, C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud, C:\ProgramData\Adobe\SLstore, and renamed the opm.db file, and reinstalled, only to come back to the "validating software license" loop.

My license is valid. When I sign in to adobe.com with my email address it offers to "download" Photoshop, and not "download trial".

adobe-1.JPG

TOPICS
Activation , Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 16, 2017 Jan 16, 2017

quit your cc desktop app.

delete your slstore and adobe pcd folders, Configuration error in Adobe Creative Cloud or Adobe Creative Suite

restart your cc desktop app

if it still shows that attempt to validate, confirm you can connect to adobe's secure servers. for help with that and other common secure adobe.com connection problems read, http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-network-issues.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sign out and then back in to your cc desktop application using the same adobe id used to pay for your subscription:  http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/sign-in-out-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html

if that fails, can you start ps from its installation directory?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I click "sign out" on the CC it appears to do nothing, and going back to the CC preferences screen still displays a sign out button.

If I try to double-click photoshop.exe it also does nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quit your cc desktop app.

delete your slstore and adobe pcd folders, Configuration error in Adobe Creative Cloud or Adobe Creative Suite

restart your cc desktop app

if it still shows that attempt to validate, confirm you can connect to adobe's secure servers. for help with that and other common secure adobe.com connection problems read, http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-network-issues.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2017 Jan 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I restart CC and try to launch PS it asks me if I want to start a free 7 day trial or to license the software. I choose license, it asks to verify the ID I would like to sign-in with, I click sign-in. The next screen says "Thank you. Adobe Photoshop CC will now be licensed for ((my email)). Click continue to enjoy the software.", I click continue. The window disappears and about 5 seconds later it comes back again asking if I would like to start a 7 day trial or license the software.

Connection tests to the adobe servers all work. I'm able to use the steps in the link and see the Adobe logo, the "Congratulations! You have successfully connected to Adobe License Management Server.", etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 17, 2017 Jan 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

using a browser that allows popups and cookies,  contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here and, when available, click 'still need help', http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/service-ccm.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleting the slstore and pcd directories did the trick for my friend.  Thanks kglad!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome.  (and thank you for the info.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2018 Mar 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to delete the two directories as well, but cannot find them - how do I know if they are hidden, or if they are simple not there?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 04, 2018 Mar 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you read the message 3 link you'll see how to find them and you'll see they're hidden (and how to unhide them).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2018 Mar 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleting the two directories solved it for me too - thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2018 Jul 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue and yes it works. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 31, 2018 Jul 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 01, 2018 Oct 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me, what solved the issue was logging into the Creative Cloud hub and installing the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2019 Mar 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me. Saved my Sunday afternoon. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 25, 2019 Mar 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines