• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: Can't downgrade Premiere to previous updated versions.

Engaged ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff A Wright

Are the 2018 versions expecting a minimum level of Win 10?

I am currently on Win 10 Pro 10.10240 Build 10240.  I cannot see 2018 apps offered via the newly installed Creative Cloud Desktop app (ACCCx4_3_0_256.zip).

Apps created via the package manager fail to install.

Hovering over "Premiere Pro CC" in the app reveals 7.0.0, whereas my colleague sees 12.0.0 while hovering over his identically named "Premiere Pro CC".

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CloudDisaster the system requirements for Premiere Pro CC can be found at Adobe Premiere Pro System Requirements​.  Versions of Windows 7, 8.1 and 10 are supported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was really hoping for a win on that front...at least it would offer some kind of explanation. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Branching to a new discussion.

CloudDisaster can you please elaborate?  What specific error messages are you receiving when installing the latest release of Premiere Pro CC on Windows 10?  Details on how to locate installation errors can be found at Creative Cloud download and install errors​.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No error messages.  It simply isn't available to me.  No 2018 versions are showing up in the desktop app. 

Hell, even the 2018 versions I try to create with package manager fail to install.  I'd attach an error log for that, but I've since reverted to an earlier windows installation (got hit with the Windows Fall Creator update early this morning and it  royally messed things up).

On phone support again.  Maybe day four will be the winner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CloudDisaster I am sorry but you are posting in a public forum so your attachment is not visible.  You are welcome to post any specific errors you see within the install log to this discussion.

What type of Creative Cloud membership do you have CloudDisaster?  You mentioned the use of a package manager?  Are you referring to the Creative Cloud packager?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed.  One and the same.  I'm currently watching phone support attempt to install Premiere 7.0 for the tenth time...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CloudDisaster if you have a Creative Cloud for Team or Enterprise membership then why are you not opening a support request through the Admin Console? 

The request through the Admin console are tied into any service agreements your organization may have purchased.  All Team and Enterprise plans do include individualized scheduled support for deployment and installation concerns.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds great.  The Team Lead who set it all up...no longer works here.  I haven't exactly been briefed on the Enterprise membership "perks".

Every day I call in and ask to speak with Teams.  They connect me, verify we are Teams costumers, and promptly shuffle us off to technical support.

Throw a guy a bone here.  Do I hang up, and do this all via the web console?  There's a difference between that and calling in for Teams?  Honest question...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CloudDisaster I would strongly recommend you update your primary administrator associated with your Creative Cloud for Team account.  You can find details regarding the process at Manage your teams membership .

Once you have done so you will easily be able to submit requests to be contacted by an expert for Creative Cloud for Teams to assist with your concern.  As previously mentioned you can even schedule a time to be contacted that works best for you.

It is likely that you are receiving the same support contact us at Contact Customer Care but due to the entitlement process I am sure you will need to complete a few steps to get routed to the correct team.  The Admin Console was designed to be the first point of contact for Creative Cloud for Team and Enterprise customers.

CloudDisaster if you can update this public discussion with your case number I would happy to request that someone from our Creative Cloud for Teams support contacts you regarding the current installation failures you have been facing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ve typed and re-typed my 3 page screed regarding this process, but ultimately I’ll cut it down to this:

Could you please ask the engineers to change the behavior of the CC Desktop app? It should not refuse to show the existence of software due to current OS level.  This is a workstation—not a phone.  Have the software be visible and allow an attempt at installation--with a verbose error message as to the reason of failure.

I will file it as a feature request as well.

Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope.  Can't let it go.  IMHO the following is a jumbled mess of confusion:

confusing.png

I had to google what "Dial" is.  It is a peripheral.

Is this peripheral a requirement of CC2018*?  Because if it isn't a requirement, it doesn't belong under system requirements.  Because of it's inclusion I imagine many people read the entire line (including Creator Edition) as optional.

Or does Adobe really mean that I can't run CC2018 without purchasing a Dial?

The actual OS requirement bullet point calls out a specific level for Win 7 - SP1.  There is no such denotation for Win 10.

For the love of deity, just post the minimum build number--as a number.

Thanks.

(if the Desktop app is going to silently fail with no error codes provided, your documentation has to be iron-clad.  This oversight is not an isolated incident - Adobe upped the SSE instruction set requirements in a point release, but didn't provide that information to consumers until forum members offered that info up on a silver platter)

Ugh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, Jeff A Wright​ here's what I gleaned from the engineering team--perhaps it could be added to the Premiere Pro October 2017 System Requirements page:

Compatible with Windows 10 November Update (1511) and higher.  Coded for Windows 10 Anniversary Update (1607).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the feedback CloudDisaster. 

There is the ability to suppress either the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application installation or the Apps tab within the Creative Cloud desktop app depending what type of deployment your organization is utilizing.  If you are looking to reduce confusion in the future you may want to look into disabling the Apps tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Come on now--with all due respect Jeff A Wright​, I don't believe the visibility of the apps panel is the culprit here.

The confusion set in when Adobe changed the established behaviour of the Desktop app without notice.  Can we at least agree to that?

My suggestion is to empower your users and provide them with the technical information they require to manage their workflows.  Your suggestion is to turn off functionality and stick one's head in the sand because it is too complex for Adobe's users to fathom.

I suspect you're aware of the inherent arrogance of your proposed solution. The issues did not stem from a deluge of information but from a dearth.

Adobe would do well to rectify that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There's a difference. He's not arrogant, he is wholly inept.

Adobe ruins customers' lives with version rollback stupidity, simple as that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines