• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: I want to still use my CS3 software [CS3 is dead, locked]

Community Expert ,
Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, Adobe no longer has that available.

TOPICS
Activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I own Adobe Creative Suite 3 Web Premium. I got a new hard drive and am trying to re-install it. Since the software is not supported, the serial number can no longer be registered. I need the new "NON-SUPPORT" serial number so I can continue using it. Can you help me?

Ken

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody can help you.   After 12+ years, CS3 and earlier are officially dead.  Adobe ended the activation-free program.  And all support for CS4 - 6 has ended except for de-activation.  

If you want Adobe product support now, you really must get modern software or subscribe to a paid Creative Cloud Plan.   Your choice.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep seeing owners of CS3 licenses popping up on here and complaining that they are unable to activate their licenses, which indicates none of them were notified by Adobe that they had turned off their acvtiation server and that they had an activation free program, and that cusomters needed to  download the software fix. The real question is why didn't they notify all CS3 license owners that they had turned off teh actviation server, and they had this actviation free program, so all customers would have a grace period in order to download the fix? You did even say that community volunteers also weren't notified when Adobe removed the ability to download the activation free fix. 
Without notificton, there was no grace period, as no CS3 license owner would know that they had turned off the activation server, until they needed to reinstall it again, and very few customers would frequent these forums either until they have a problem. Not everyone uses the newest computers and OS's, and infact the newer versions probably don't work on older PCs and OS's anyway. As there was no grace period, Adobe should just provide the non activated version to those owners when they request it, as all perpetual license owners paid to install and use the software for as long as they need it on compatible hardware and software,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you just delete my reply? If so why?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ukgkgjghvj

I didn't delete anything.  Check your Profile page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is odd, beucase I typed this in as a reply, and it posted and it was definately live. Then when going back to the page , it just disappeared, and it also isn't on my main profile page either. Maybe there is a bug, as I can't see how it could just disappear..Luckily I did type it in word so have a copy of it below.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep seeing owners of CS3 licenses popping up on here and complaining that they are unable to activate their licenses, which indicates none of them were notified by Adobe that they had turned off their acvtiation server, and to download the software fix. The real question is why didn't they notify all CS3 license owners, so all customers would have a grace period in order to download the fix. Apparently community volunteers also weren't notified when Adobe removed the ability to download the fix.
Without notificton, there was no grace period, as no CS3 license owner would know that they had turned off the activation server, until they needed to reinstall it again, and very few customers would frequent hse forums either until they have a problem. Not everyone uses the newest computers and OS's, and infact the newer versions probably don't work on older PCs and OS's anyway. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Support for CS3 ended shortly after CS4 came out.  CS3 users have been living on borrowed time ever since.  I think that's a more than generous "grace period," don't you?

July 26, 2017

https://community.adobe.com/t5/get-started/cs3-acrobat-8-activation-servers-retired/td-p/9291706

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't. However firstly there wasn't any grace period to download the activation fix, because customers weren't notified of it's existence, unless they have tried to install it in the last year or so. Also this is a owned perpetual license and not a cloud based subscription, so there is no set time limit/ expiry date on it, so customers should be able to use it for as long as they want. The only time limit should be based on the customers own hardware and software not being compatible. eg upgrading to windows 10, and it no longer works, and it wouldn't be reasonable to expect software that was programmed over 10 year ago, to also work on the most modern OS. I get that and that is pefectly reasonable, and people shouldn't complain about it not working properly on the newest versions of windows, if it wasn't designed to run on those versions. But this problem isn't related to that, it is to do with the licensing and activation system, which has been switched off.
But if customers do have compatible software/ hardware, or use a virtual machine then they should still be able to install and use it. Yes maybe it is older software, but to be honest Photoshop CS3 is still very functional and better than most photo editors out there today, as it was already a very mature product by this stage. Adobe did realise that customers still use the software, because they did release the version that didn't need activation, which was available up until just a month or so ago, but many customers like me we never aware of it's existence until they needed to reinstall it, and then find that their license can't be activated. It wouldn't be so bad if they would atually provide this fix to all owners of the CS3 license, but they won't. I would have downloaded the fix if I had been notified of it's existance, but they never notified me and they won't tell me why they didn't notify me. So it is a very frustrating situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am VERY dissatisfied.

i used to think that adobe was a wonderful company with good customer support and an exceptional product, but now it seems that you are only interested in riding on your laurels.
i spent hours chatting with your rep & reading through comments on your forum and still have software that i cannot activate NOTE - i did not say does not work, just that i cannot activate it.

it seems that some policy maker at adobe has given in to their greed & decided that they would try to rob existing customers. you no longer support the CS3 suite, but that is alright with me because i am not asking for any support for the software, it works just fine...what i do VERY MUCH TAKE EXCEPTION TO, is the company's decision to no longer allow activation of the product. i bought this software 12 years ago and it was a great service to me because i was studying graphic design at the time. i paid roughly $1500 to purchase this software, but note - because this is an important point, i BOUGHT this software, i did not lease it or rent it, I BOUGHT IT!!!! now, you are telling me that you are no longer going through the effort of activating the software -- WELL, THAT IS YOUR CHOICE, but you should not be allowed to take the use of that software away from me. the software still works just fine & no longer working in the field, it suits my purposes, but you have rendered it useless by refusing to activate it. this should not be legal. if you don't want to activate/register it, that is your choice, but instead of rendering the product unusable, you should just remove the activation requirement. now, i have to decide if i want to waste the time to lodge complaints with the better business bureau and the attorney general's office.

so the fact that adobe is now rendering this software useless by refusing to activate it is nothing short of criminal. i have always abided by the terms of service & have never installed the software on more than two computers at a time, in fact all i want to do now it REINSTALL it on the computer it was already on --- BUT YOU ARE REFUSING TO LET ME DO IT!!! your company is basically trying to hold me hostage and make me purchase software that i neither want nor need. i am no longer studying or working in graphic design so that the software is only for my occasional personal use. if i were working in the field i might want to upgrade but that is not at all the case -- HOWEVER, even if i were so inclined, your company's dirty tactics in trying to force me to upgrade would insure that i WOULD NOT, in fact, after this situation, i doubt i would ever purchase another adobe product, just as i wouldn't purchase a computer if i knew that after several years the company was going to come knocking on my door and asking me to give it back. 

your company's policy is greedy & shameful. might i suggest that instead of focusing on ways to steal from your existing customers, your company my turn their energies toward developing more products that those customers might be interested in purchasing.

enough said, shame on you & you can feel free to forward this to anyone in the company who you think might read it.

sincerely,
one EXTREMELY dissatisfied ex-customer,
elizabeth marchand

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand your frustration but for the record this is a user-to-user forum with very little staff participation.  We are product users like you except for one big difference.  We understand the importance of upgrading our software more often than once every 10-15 years. 

I think you should be grateful you got as much use out of CS3 as you did and without having to spend another dime on upgrades.  Had you upgraded to CS6 when it was still available,  you would have working software today.  But that opportunity ended in 2017 when Adobe discontinued Creative Suite worldwide.   Your only option now is to find modern replacements -- i.e. a Creative Cloud subscription or a competing brand.  

Good luck!

=============
Beware of fake Adobe reps who may contact you privately offering to sell you software or take control of your computer. It's a scam, run away! 
=============
3 Easy Ways to Identify Genuine Adobe Staff
https://tinyurl.com/10791730

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The EULA you agreed to at purchase states "ADOBE AND ITS SUPPLIERS OWN ALL INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY IN THE SOFTWARE. THE SOFTWARE IS LICENSED, NOT SOLD."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines