• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: Lightroom CC vs. Lightroom 6

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AHHHHHH I have seen that there is an update available.. I have updated lightroom from 6 to cc.. and now this f...ing shit application say .. SRY . you just have a testversion ? ist this a joke ? I have BOUGHT a unlimites lightroom license ? wtf ???

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 22, 2017 Oct 22, 2017

(Branched out as a new discussion)

Hi Bernhardm75899190,

Sorry about the confusion, Lightroom CC and Lightroom 6 are same in terms of usage. Lightroom 6 is license version however Lightroom CC is a subscription. As you have mentioned you updated your Lightroom 6 to Lightroom CC and now it only gives you a trial version, to correct this issue please follow the steps shared in the following help document: How to convert a Lightroom CC trial to Lightroom 6.

Let us know if this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 22, 2017 Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(Branched out as a new discussion)

Hi Bernhardm75899190,

Sorry about the confusion, Lightroom CC and Lightroom 6 are same in terms of usage. Lightroom 6 is license version however Lightroom CC is a subscription. As you have mentioned you updated your Lightroom 6 to Lightroom CC and now it only gives you a trial version, to correct this issue please follow the steps shared in the following help document: How to convert a Lightroom CC trial to Lightroom 6.

Let us know if this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clearly, this "confusion" and in-software "update" was intentional and all it did was to get everyone to hate Adobe more about the standalone "update".  I have been getting runaround links for 4 hours trying to simply get the latest update to my standalone 6 software.  I DO NOT WANT ANY SUBSCRIPTION OR ANY TRIAL CC.   I went back to a download when Adobe did this before with the CC update and got back to my standalone but now it shows version 6.0 and even when I do the "update" link in the software, it shows that I am up to date.   Clearly .... I am NOT.    So, where do I find it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WoGo​, check your PMs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, and all the CC 2015 Mac updates are here:

All Adobe CC 2015 Updates: The Direct Download Links for Mac OS | ProDesignTools

Also, as an aside – what happened wasn't intentional on Adobe's part, and they've addressed the issue quickly as well as apologized:

http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2017/10/lightroom-classic-cc-7-0-1.html

"We understand we sent perpetual customers down a path of subscribing to a trial version of the new Lightroom Classic CC last week, replacing already installed versions of Lightroom 6.

The good news is we fixed this issue and wanted to get a quick release out to immediately address your concerns.  Now once you click on the 'Update' button next to Lightroom Classic CC, you will see under the Advanced Options, the 'Remove old versions' is unchecked by default.  As a result, you can try out Lightroom Classic CC for the trial period and still keep Lightroom 6 running in tandem on your desktop. 

We sincerely apologize for not providing a better user experience for our perpetual customers to try out Lightroom Classic CC while still keeping Lightroom 6 in place.  This was a mistake on our end.  Please let us know if you are experiencing any additional issues with this process moving forward."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Any software that defaults to nuking your existing software during an "upgrade" is user-hostile*.  Period.

Even the much maligned Windows 10 creates a nifty backup folder by default, allowing you to roll back within 30 days if/when things go south.

Let that sink in...

*in a production environment

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bernhardm75899190​

Some light reading in case you need to have both your personally licensed Lightroom 6 co-exist with the rest of the CC (rental) offerings.  (pssst--short answer is that you can't-if CC touches your system it gobbles up your stand-alone software and joyfully converts it to CC)

Want both LR6 Personal and Creative Cloud licenses to co-exist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For anyone else looking for the last Lightroom 6 standalone patches, they are still available here:

All Adobe CC 2015 Updates: The Direct Download Links for Windows | ProDesignTools

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines