• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: Must Constantly Reinstall/Repair Creative Cloud

Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not answered. I'm having the same problem and I don't have any anti-virus software running. Running Creative Cloud on an oldish Mac. Not on a network and it was working fine until a recent Adobe update.  I've not added any other software or updated my OS. Now Creative Cloud has to be "repaired every few days. Considering how much we have to pay to access the software this is really rubbish and costing me time and money.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Do you normally have to go to step two in Adobe Creative Cloud, needed to resolve this problem, is missing or damaged  and download the CC Cleaner Tool Robbiewing.  I am sorry but you have not indicated previously what you were using to resolve the error.  Was the error typically resolved after launching repair mode?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They took away my ability to comment yesterday. Back now. I guess that's what they do when you write what they don't want to hear or deal with. Nice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Branching to a new discussion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Robbiewing which steps in Adobe Creative Cloud, needed to resolve this problem, is missing or damaged  are allowing you to resolve the error?  How often do you need to repair the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application?  What version of Mac OS are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday after i left my message I downloaded your CC uninstaller, deleted CC and and reinstalled. Let see if that repairs the problem.

it was happening 2-3 times a week. using Mac OS 10.11.6 on Mid 2011 iMac.

Most of the time it repairs itself, but this was the third time that failed and I had to download the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thanks Robbiewing please do update this discussion if you face any additional difficulties.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Arrived at work this morning to find this message yet again. Seriously the problem is with you're software has we unistalled your software then re-installed CC on Friday. The computer wasn't used over the weekend. The Mac hasn't had any new software installed for a long time and it doesn't have any anti-virus software running.  Screenshot of the software that runs on start up attached. All the software running had been working fine with CC until recently. I thought your recent updates might have fixed the "repair" problem but no it remains.

Screen Shot 2017-11-20 at 10.30.27.png

Screen Shot 2017-11-20 at 10.10.27.pngScreen Shot 2017-11-20 at 10.14.46.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update Robbiewing.  To resolve Error Code 86 please complete the steps listed in Error Code 86 | Adobe Creative Cloud ?

Also I appreciate you including the screen shot.  I would recommend you temporarily discontinue to the use of Memory Clean as it seems to be a system optimizer.  You can find details of what this application does at Memory Clean for Mac - Download .  It may be this RAM flushing which is affecting the current state of the stability of the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application Robbiewing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK Jeff I deleted the memory clean and we managed 9 days before the error occurred again?

Screen Shot 2017-11-29 at 11.31.09.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What other third-party software are you using on the computer Robbiewing?  What just ran on the computer eight days ago prior to this error occurring?  I only discovered the Memory Clean application based off of your screenshot of the Activity Monitor.  Perhaps other software is installed on the computer which performs similar functions?

I would recommend reviewing all of the applications installed on the computer.  There are details at How to List All Applications on a Mac | OSXDaily on several methods to locate the applications currently installed on the computer.  If you are unfamiliar with a particular application then I would recommend using your favorite Internet search engine to perform a search on the name of the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing new /  that wasn't running before the recent CC updates. My point this only started happening after i installed your updates.

My computer starts up before i get to work so Dropbox syncs. The screenshot i sent you previously shows everything that opens at startup. I arrive at work and the error message is already there. Don't see how listing all the software will help. It's your software that's buggy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Robbiewing so to summarize you occasionally receive messages that the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application is missing or damaged.  Then when you do attempt to reinstall, following the steps listed in Adobe Creative Cloud, needed to resolve this problem, is missing or damaged , you then receive Error Code 86 during the installation process?  This all continues to occur on a computer running Mac OS 10.11.6?  Is this correct Robbiewing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I'm going to have uninstall the software then install again it to overcome the Error 86. It will probably work for a week or so before failing again. that seems to be the pattern. During this time NO additional or new software will have been installed. The only software that is updated is yours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Robbiewing can you please update the discussion with the exact step in Adobe Creative Cloud, needed to resolve this problem, is missing or damaged which allows you to resovle the error?  Error Code 86 indicates that there is a conflicting process so I am very curious to find out which specific step allows you to install the Creative Cloud desktop app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now your Un-Install software isn't working now.  Not sure how I'm going to get this working now. I can't install a new version of CC and the old version won't uninstall. WTF

I've been using macs  / adobe since 1991.  In the old days you would just trash everything and re-install. You CC model doesn't make that possible. Its just made everything overly complicated for the average user whilst raping their wallets.

Screen Shot 2017-11-29 at 15.26.37.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you normally have to go to step two in Adobe Creative Cloud, needed to resolve this problem, is missing or damaged  and download the CC Cleaner Tool Robbiewing.  I am sorry but you have not indicated previously what you were using to resolve the error.  Was the error typically resolved after launching repair mode?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2019 Dec 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did everything as recommended on Adobe site - removed all CC apps and Creative cloud through windows 10 control panel then after restart used the adobe  cleanup tool to remove any traces.  Reinstalled everything after another restart and made use my antivirus and anti malware made exceptions to allow Adobe CC and every .exe in subdirectories through the firewall but it needs repair now after yet another restart with even higher frequency.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 17, 2019 Dec 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to see our office is not the only ones with this issue.  I tried all the above too (uninstall all adobe programs and cc itself, ran the adobe uninstaller, ran the adobe clean up tool), thrice - And in addition, stopped all services associated with Adobe and proceeded to delete every folder and its subfolders with the name "adobe" in it including those from c:\program files, c:\program files(x86), c:\program files\common files, c:\program files(x86)\common files, c:\programdata, c:\users\<username>\appdata\(local, roaming, and locallow), all c:\users<username>\appdata\local\temp files, and all c:\windows\temp files.  Then rebooted again, checked Task Manager to make sure nothing Adobe is running, checked Services to make sure nothing Adobe is running, and then proceeded to reinstall Adobe CC................NADA!  .......but please continue troubleshooting with Robbiewing and Jodyar as I went through a week of troubleshooting on another thread here already with no solution, and have spent too much time on this already!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 19, 2019 Dec 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the very same issues. I am not on a company computer, have no IT department, have no antivirus/malware, have not installed any new software in a very long time. It seems like 50% of the time when my computer goes to sleep and then wakes up that's when I get the infamous message that it needs repaired. I have spent countless hours trying to troubleshoot this. I have even let 2 different CRs from Adobe remotely have access to my computer, both said issue fixed. Both times problem back within a day.

PLEASE someone needs to figure this problem out ASAP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you also use McAfee on your Adobe CC computer and are on Windows, here is the solution:  https://wingsdomain.com/adobe-creative-cloud-cc-5-0-0-354-and-maybe-later-versions-too-shows-blank-w...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same issue, since upgrading to macOS Catalina V 10.15.6. evrery couple of days I get the CC has found an error and needs to be repaired. Whats the easy fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines