• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Requests to deactivate my CC account on one of several machines.

New Here ,
Oct 17, 2020 Oct 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use two Adobe accounts for CC. One is provided by the school I teach at and one is an educational license I have on another computer at home. I have been running a 2011 MacBook Pro which is getting obsolite and I am transferring all my software to a new machine. The process will take a week or so, between all the other stuff I have to do.

But, I think that the Adobe servers are mixing up the two accounts, and asking me to deactivate the new machine when I'm on the old one even when the new machine is turned off.

I can understand trying to protect intellectual property, but if a machine is turned off it should not matter, and if there are two accounts using the same email address the servers should not confuse the two separately paid for accounts.

The license servers are confusing the school paid account with my personal account. What can be done about this?

TOPICS
Activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 18, 2020 Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turning a machine off is absolutely irrelevant. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that bit of information. However, regardless of that (In my opinion it should matter if the computer is turned off, since that means the as long as it is off only one installation is in use, which seems to be the only consideration that Adobe should be interested in.) CC on one of the paid accounts is installed on two computers and used on only one computer at a time which seems to be allowable.

The question is: why is the Adobe license server not seeing that the third istallation of CC is being used on a computer with a SEPARATE paid account. The email addresses are the same, but the logins are to two separate paid accounts.

Intrusion to this level is not acceptable. It is Adobe's obligation to be able to identify that two separate paid accounts are being used, which should allow all three istallations, i.e., two for one account using only one computer at a time, and one on another computer using a separate paid account, such that two computers should be able to be logged in and using CC apps at the same time. 

In this scenario, when transferring files and other software from a computer that will be retired to a new computer, both computers are allowde to have CC installed on them as long as only one of them is using CC and CC applictions from a personally paid for account. The third computer should be able to simultaniously use CC and CC apps using the school paid account regardless of what is going on with the other computers.

Since so much of the MacOS is cloud based and data is available everywhere, the intent is to leave the school computer at school and the personal computer at home, while the third, 10 year old computer, would be deactivated completely when the tranfer of applications and data is complete.

There should be no impact on either computer even if both are logged into CC, given that they each are logged into two separately paid for accounts. The problem might be that the same email adddress is used for both, but Adobe allows for two different logins on the CC site, and specifically asks if I want to log into the prsonal account or the school account.

If you can provide some insight into this issue, I would appreciate hearing what you suggestion might be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Opinions aside, what Creative Cloud actually DOES is use an activation up when you activate, and releases it only when you deactivate. It does NOT also check if you are running the app, whether the computer is switched on, or whether it is online. To switch you simply deactivate the others. It will tell you which computers are in use (activated), and you can check this in your account details. However, there have been no reports of it mixing up accounts.

If you are signing on to the computer with two different Windows/Mac accounts, each one can separately activate Creative Cloud. This is very important as some people do need to switch accounts. So if you do use different Windows/Mac accounts, you must deactivate the one you are not using, if you want to be able to use it on a different computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines