• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Same device has two names under "Acitvated devices" in Photography Plan account

Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2018 Dec 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two devices activated in my Photography Plan account but one of them now appears under two slightly different names and it actually looks like I have three devices activated which can't be right. I think this might have happened following the last Creative Cloud or Lightroom updates

Activated Devices 10 12 18.JPG

"Medion on WINDOWS" and "Medion on WINDOWS_64" are the same same device.

I currently have both Lightroom Classic CC and the old standalone Lightroom 6 installed on this device and it appears that Lightroom Classic CC is associated with "Medion on WINDOWS_64" while Lightoom 6 is linked to "Medion on WINDOWS". This makes for a very confusing set up particularly when it comes to activation or deactivation of the device either online or by signing in/out using the Creative Cloud app or individual programs. It was a lot easier before when the device just had one name.

Does anybody know if this is normal and, if not, how it might be fixed. I have tried uninstalling everything and re-installing but that made no difference.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 10, 2018 Dec 10, 2018

oops, i'm sorry.

that is normal.  you have, at least, one 32bit and, at least, one 64bit program activated on your medion computer.  both medion's are listed and recognized as the same computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

deactivate the duplicates via the adobe website and then reactivate via your cc desktop app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the two duplicated names deactivated via the website, reactivating the desktop app activates both names again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oops, i'm sorry.

that is normal.  you have, at least, one 32bit and, at least, one 64bit program activated on your medion computer.  both medion's are listed and recognized as the same computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And there is a rule: if it's not broken, don't touch. As long as it works, I would not question Adobe's and Microsoft's wisdom.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That does make sense although I thought that Lightroom 6 and Lightroom Classic CC were both 64bit programs anyway. Also I have been running both programs for a long time now and it's only recently that this device has been listed twice. I'm still a bit confused but thanks for your reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome.

p.s. it might be a new 'feature'.  i see the same thing for my account and that didn't appear previously.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2019 Jul 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here... The problem is I want to run CC on another computer, but the one computer I'm on is using the two licenses, so I can't activate it like I'm supposed to be able to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's a different problem.

when you start cc on your other computer you should be given the option to sign out of your other 'computers'.

are you, and if so, does that correct the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like the exact same problem to me. Here's what it tells me (both Inari instances are the same computer):

Screen Shot 2019-07-22 at 8.30.20 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 23, 2019 Jul 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a bug! Somehow the validation system gets 2 ids and uses the 2 ids on the same machine. Deactivate one and when you continue working on Inari, when you are asked again, deactivate the other same machine... I had the same, but for some reason, it seams to be solved either after an upgrade of the OS or CC or by changing something to the system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2019 Jul 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very odd... seems to be working though. Thanks! I'll certainly post if anything changes. It's odd that the new computer I installed CC on didn't even say anything about already having 2 registered devices, it just worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 29, 2019 Jul 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a nuisance. Not more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I realise that this reply is long after the original post but I recently had been having the similar problems to those that you posted.

I've just spent an hour with Adobe Tech support who remote linked into both of my computers. They appear to have sorted it for me and gave this link to resolve it myself in future - I just thought that I should pass it on.

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/download-install/kb/adobe-license-issues-keychain-credential-mgr.html

I hope that your problems are long gone and that you are no longer frustrated by this activation issue. Sorry if this has taken up more of your time, just wanted to help if I could.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines