• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Setup file error - windows cannot find 'C:\Users\------\AppData\Local\Adobe\OOBE\PDapp\core\..\D6\..\D...\Setup.exe'

New Here ,
Jan 03, 2016 Jan 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I try to install an adobe application I get to the menu where you select the programs to install and install folder location and when I click "install" an error pops up saying "Windows cannot find 'C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Local\Adobe\OOBE\PDapp\core\..\D6\..\D...\Setup.exe'"

(I have had an issue with windows 10 where it doesn't recognise the file extension in the filename, so if I was able to find the file I might be able to fix the issue by renaming it to "setup.exe", but the folder/file in question doesn't exist)

Capture3.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 15, 2016 Jan 15, 2016

Kindly try to remove Adobe Application Manager using Cleaner tool and try to reinstall the product. In case that doesn't work, please rename OOBE folder from both the following location after removing Adobe Application Manager from cleaner tool and retry.

• %localappdata%/Adobe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't specify... Cloud or pre-Cloud programs?

An idea that MAY work to install and/or run old programs in Windows 10

-http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/15523-compatibility-mode-settings-apps-change-windows-10-a.html

Win10 runtime https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/download/confirmation.aspx?id=30679 reinstall may help

Doing Run as Administrator http://forums.adobe.com/thread/969395 [says Encore and also for All Adobe programs] will sometimes fix "odd" or "permission" errors in Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have tried both cloud and pre-cloud. Same error each time. And compatibility mode, run as admin, and Win10 runtime reinstall does nothing 😕

(Thanks for the suggestions though)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2016 Jan 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem and cannot find a solution anywhere online.  I am attempting to upgrade from Lightroom 5 to Lightroom 6.  I did install a CC trial about six month back but have since uninstalled it.  I have also tried the Creative Cloud Cleanup tool as suggested in a related forum thread and that also did not work.

I've explored the AppData\Local\Adobe\OOBE\PDapp\  file directories, but the directory structure referenced in the error message doesn't exist.  Instead, under PDapp, the Setup.exe file is in the D6 folder.  The core folder contains reference files only.

I am running Windows 10.

Adobe?  Some help on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 15, 2016 Jan 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kindly try to remove Adobe Application Manager using Cleaner tool and try to reinstall the product. In case that doesn't work, please rename OOBE folder from both the following location after removing Adobe Application Manager from cleaner tool and retry.

• %localappdata%/Adobe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2023 Nov 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately attempting to "remove Adobe Application Manager using Cleaner tool" results in the same error for the cleaner tool file, and the "Acrobat_DC_Web_x64_WWMUI\Adobe Acrobat\setup.exe". Bizarre that other Adobe downloads cannot be found despite being in the downloads folder... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 14, 2023 Nov 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Dennis336019149508 

what download are you seeking?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines