• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shockwave Replacement

New Here ,
May 22, 2019 May 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just got wacom pen tablet this week. Trying to install but it requires shockwave 11, which I'm just now finding out has been discontinued. Am I SOL or is there another program to take its place?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , May 22, 2019 May 22, 2019

Hi Camjam5k

Odd that the install requires Shockwave. Is it an older tablet? Although Adobe discontinued Shockwave in April, I believe you may still be able to download the Shockwave Player for a few months yet. Check out this link and see if it gives you what you need; Adobe - Web Players​.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,
May 22, 2019 May 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Camjam5k

Odd that the install requires Shockwave. Is it an older tablet? Although Adobe discontinued Shockwave in April, I believe you may still be able to download the Shockwave Player for a few months yet. Check out this link and see if it gives you what you need; Adobe - Web Players​.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a new lenovo laptop. It wants me to download files on adobe shockwave, but as you know it was discontinued. I wanted to know if there was a way to switch to adobe creative cloud, or something else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was no replacement for Shockeave Player; nothing free and nothing you can buy. Flash Player goes the same way in 6 weeks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

However, since it's a new tablet this shouldn't happen, unless you're trying to use something old. What are you doing when you are asked to install Shockwave Player?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines