• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Solution to failed install of creative cloud Mac on Yosemite

Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2015 Jan 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay - I have search and searched and no one seems to have caught this - I have a client that just spent one hour screen sharing with Adobe help and they didn't even know this.  So listen.

If you have previously installed CC on a Mac running 10.6 and then upgrade to 10.10 (perhaps 10.9, too) - CC will fail.  No amount of running the installer will help.  You have to manually throw away all the CC folders (not the CC apps, just the CC Utilities and CC folder in the Applications folder - and then reboot and then run the CC installer.

CC's installer and uninstaller never seem to get the memo that you are on 10.10 and will continue to try to install 10.6 on your Mac.

Hope this helps

Don

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2015 Feb 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

thank you for the answer. However, I've tried but it didn't work, still get the same issue... I've tried to uninstall InDesign and reinstall, same difference.

Any other idea ?

Regards,

Antoine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2015 Feb 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And you are manually removing the creative cloud apps and utilities - not using their uninstaller, right?

I discovered the issue when I used one of their tools - I think it might have been something called the "creative cloud cleaner" - it noted that my creative cloud app was "for 10.6" even though I was on 10.10.

Did you find this page:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs5-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Might help - it also has the cleaner app available there.  Also rummaging through all your preference folders and applications support folders and removing adobe-labeled files and folders might help - get things as clean as possible - restart and and then, re install the CC installer app.

good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2015 Feb 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

thanks for everything... I've cleaned and reinstall everything... It still doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2015 Feb 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's crazy - I feel your pain.

My only thought is

- make sure it is the latest version of the CC installer you are installing

- run Onyx and clean out caches and fix permissions

- makes sure Yosemite is the latest

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2015 Feb 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, it is crazy...

I've tried what you suggest, same issue. In fact everything seems to run well and InDesign seems OK except this two screens problem.

I really don't get the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines