• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

This application cannot be installed...

Explorer ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, on Win 7 x64. I checked the latest system requirements here, and it clearly states that win 7 x64 is supported. I did direct download of LR and PS, and get the error "This application cannot be installed on your current OS". I also tried downloading the CC cloud app, same error..

So what gives? Is there a workaround? Installing win 10 isn't an option.

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Problem solved. I decided to call support again (the first time the guy said he had to connect to my network...that there was no other option, to which I objected). This 2nd rep sent me links to downlod the full programs directly (1.5GB each!). I was able to download them and get them up and running.

Thanks to all who contributed. Much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're definitely running Win 7 with Service Pack 1 installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. x64 sp1.

I should clarify my OP...where I said:

"I did direct download of LR and PS, and get the error" means I direct DL'd LR classic and received the error upon attempting to install. Changing compatibility options to Win 7 and 'Run as Admin' resulted in no change. Same error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To confirm, you get the same error when installing through the CC app? You could try repair the app as below:
https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-install-stuck.html

Have you managed to install any other CC tools?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've downloaded LR classic, Phtosop and creative cloud setup, all 3 produce the same error. There's nothing to uninstall, as per your link, since none of the executable can get past the error.

I did talk to Adobe support, who can't give any suggestions, but want to access my business network, which is a serious violation of policy here.

I also disabled both my inbound and outbound firewall for a moment to try the install...same error.

If it matters, I currently have Lightroom 5.7 and PS CS6 on my system.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the Windows Service pack was preinstalled in the OS image ?

or Did you installed it manually? 

Check whether SP1 update KB976932  is installed? If not , try below links

Support for Windows 7 has been ended , if Auto Update is not support , you can try manual download:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/15090/windows-7-install-service-pack-1-sp1

However , check whether below mentioned update is installed ?

https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB976932

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SP1 was preinstalled in the OS image. SP1 shows up under computere/properties as well. And, just to be on the safe side, I dug up the SP1 x64 image I have archived and it verified that SP1 is already installed.

BTW, MS must have removed x64 SP1. The link you post serves up x86, even though the catalog shows it as x64.

**One thing that may be a factor is that I removed the telemetry updates before integrating SP1 into the OS image. I may compile a list of the updates left out and install them to see if it makes a difference, assuming those updates are still available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem solved. I decided to call support again (the first time the guy said he had to connect to my network...that there was no other option, to which I objected). This 2nd rep sent me links to downlod the full programs directly (1.5GB each!). I was able to download them and get them up and running.

Thanks to all who contributed. Much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good to hear you have a solution. Thanks for letting us know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines