Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transfer Adobe CS 6 license

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe community,

I hope you can help me. In the company, I am working at, we have two old IMacs with Adobe CS6. I know, that CS6 is very old. But since I only need to open old layout files and am no designer, who is doing artwork, there is no need in my daily work to buy an abo. Since we are now getting new Macbooks, I want to transfer the licenses. I only have three physically boxes with the CS6 including serial number printed on the box and CD in the box. 

In addition the new computers don't have a an optical CD drive. Therefore I would need an instal file of the software. 

Unfortunately in my Adobe licensing account I can only find 3 Acrobat professinal licenses, but not the CS 6 licenses. In the worst case the licenses never have been registered.

Now the question is: Is there anyone who knows a way how to get the CS 6 software available on the now Macbook with those old serialnumbers?

Thanks a lot and best regards

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

CS4, CS5 and CS6 are on life support. But they can still be activated providing you have the following:
1. Original media (disks or downloads) you received at purchase and a way to read them.  External optical drives can be purchased for around $20 on Amazon.
2. A legitimate serial number for that particular version, language and platform (Win/Mac).
3. An older operating system that can support legacy 32-bit apps.
--------------------------
NOTE 1 : Creative Suite installers won't work on macOS Sier

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1st, CS6 will not run on Mac Catalina

NOTE - Adobe has removed ALL public download links for installs and updates
-links are ONLY available to someone who purchased a download from Adobe
-PPro CS6 install is dated March 2012 with the final 6.05 update dated August 2013
-CS6 (and earlier) are no longer sold or supported by Adobe, and no authorized
-vendor has copies to sell... not by disc, and not by download of an installer
The Adobe employee who advises volunteer helpers (I am one) said this on 12-18-2019
"Adobe employees will no longer be engaging with Creative Suite customers to provide support via chat, phone, or social media"
That means that you will not be given a download link by contacting customer support
For CS6 back to CS4 you may download ONLY if you bought direct from Adobe via download
-Log-in to your account and click this link https://account.adobe.com/products
--click Order history on the left and then the link to your order that will show on the right
--and finally click the link "Downloads and serial numbers" that will appear
---as always, write the serial number in a text file AND copy that text file and the
---download file(s) to an external drive (or two) to be sure you have what you need
-if you did not buy direct from Adobe via download you must find your original install
-if you have an Education or volume license you MUST use your original media
--the link for an Education or volume license download is not available at all
-if you bought a disc and don't have a drive you will need to buy an external USB drive
-if you bought and lost a disc Adobe does not provide a replacement via download
-if you bought a download from a 3rd party vendor you will need to contact that vendor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do you think it will run on a new Mac after all these years? You need an abo. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

CS4, CS5 and CS6 are on life support. But they can still be activated providing you have the following:
1. Original media (disks or downloads) you received at purchase and a way to read them.  External optical drives can be purchased for around $20 on Amazon.
2. A legitimate serial number for that particular version, language and platform (Win/Mac).
3. An older operating system that can support legacy 32-bit apps.
--------------------------
NOTE 1 : Creative Suite installers won't work on macOS Sierra, High Sierra or Mojave without terminal workarounds.
https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/install-creative-suite-mac-os-sierra.html

NOTE 2: Creative Suite cannot run on Catalina. Don't even try it. Either downgrade your OS or buy modern, compatible 64-bit software.

NOTE 3: CS updaters may be hard to find.  Hopefully you can update directly from the app itself otherwise it may not work properly.

NOTE 4 Legacy Creative Suite is discontinued & unsupported. Use it at your own risk.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines