• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transfer my Adobe Master Collection to my new laptop

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I install my old Master Collection CS5 from an old laptop to my new one? I have CDs, but my new laptop does not have CD drive. Still have the serial numbers, and I am trying to register my product to Adobe (and download) but it says: product already in use (I guess, installed in my old laptop). How can I install this product to my new laptop?

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Buy an external USB connection DVD drive

Such as https://www.amazon.com/External-CD-DVD-Drive-Compatible/dp/B07MJW5BXZ/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS5 and CS6 are on life support. But they can still be activated providing you have the following:
1. original media (disks or downloads) you received at purchase and a way to read them,
2. a legitimate serial number for that version, language and platform (Win/Mac),
3. an older operating system that can support legacy 32-bit apps.
--------------------------
NOTE 1 : Creative Suite installers won't work on macOS Sierra, High Sierra or Mojave without terminal workarounds. See the help article below.
https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/install-creative-suite-mac-os-sierra.html

NOTE 2: Creative Suite cannot run on Catalina or Big Sur. It's too old.

NOTE 3: Legacy Creative Suite is discontinued & unsupported. Use at your own risk.

Registration is one-time only and not required to use the software.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
quoteto my new one?

Is your new laptop Windows or Mac? If it's a Mac running Big Sur then, as Nancy says above, you won't be able to install CS5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines