• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble Registering CS6 On My Adobe ID Account

Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2018 Mar 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I'm new to this and I am hoping some of you can help me with my question. I recently bought a copy of CS6 Master Collection from an online store that had advertised the product as new. I tried to register the serial number on my Adobe ID Account but I keep getting a message telling me that the product has been registered to another user. I contacted the store to explained the situation and asked them for an unused serial number. Their reply was this:

"We have encountered this issue before with serial registration of Adobe CS Products. This is occurring cause Adobe is holding registration for all CS products for last few months and when Adobe will resume the registration you will be able to register this product under your Adobe account. All serial numbers are showing this same message for all CS version. You might have noticed that, while installing product, it asks for serial number and Adobe account. If it was registered before, it would never be installed and you would see the error message instantly on installation. We have tried to contact Adobe and didn’t get any satisfactory result. We presume, they are holding the registration for boosting up the sales of CC subscription version. Please Don’t worry, you won’t having any issue with the product as we are registered company and we will solve any issue."

Can someone please tell me if this is correct, or has the store provided me with a serial number for a product that has already been used and registered. I have not made any attempt to download, install, or activate this product as I wish to register the product to my Adobe account first. I appreciate any and all answers. Thank you in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Mysterexx, I am sorry but I would agree with John.  Our registration service is online and available.  If you have purchased a valid license for Creative Suite 6 then please follow the steps listed at Find your serial number to register the serial number under your account.  If you are unable to do so then please contact the reseller to return your purchase.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe stopped selling CS6 over a year ago... and the only way to buy it at that time was via download direct from Adobe

I don't know where you bought what you have, but I think you have been scammed

Invalid Serial Number https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2359923

-Problems with software validation https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2273259

-Warning that software is not genuine http://www.adobe.com/genuine.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Other people have bought CS6 from this trader and it seems to work fine for them. My issue is with trying to register the product before activating it. The copy of CS6 in the link provided was sold after I bought my copy. The buyer commented that the software works fine. Hope this link works for you: <Removed by Moderator>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mysterexx, I am sorry but I would agree with John.  Our registration service is online and available.  If you have purchased a valid license for Creative Suite 6 then please follow the steps listed at Find your serial number to register the serial number under your account.  If you are unable to do so then please contact the reseller to return your purchase.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for all your responses to my question. I consider Jeff's reply to be the most correct answer to my question and I will mark his reply as correct. I have contacted Adobe directly and they have created a case file for me and are in the process of investigating the Serial Number / Product Activation Code that the retailer supplied to me. Hopefully I can get this sorted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 07, 2018 Mar 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update, Mysterexx.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's another update on my situation. Adobe investigated the Serial Number for me after I provided them with a Proof of Purchase receipt. Then they requested a Transfer of Product License form and when I told them I didn't have the current owners details, they requested I provide a photograph of the box with the Serial Number on it. Adobe also informed me that another customer was having the same issue (possibly with the same Serial Number) then Adobe finally informed me that the product was in fact registered to another user, and the case was closed. During this time I kept contact with the vendor who continued to maintain the illusion that Adobe had stopped the registration of all Creative Suite products. I lodged a dispute with the auction site that the product was advertised on and they instructed the vendor to resolve the issue and a restriction was placed on the vendors account. The vendor contacted me today (30/3/2018 over a month since I purchased) and has offered a full refund in order to have the restriction lifted. I'm now satisfied that I will receive full refund, although I would much rather have CS6 as Creative Cloud subscriptions are so expensive relative to how much I intend to use the product. Not sure if any of you are going to read this but thought you might like to know what the outcome was.

Thank you to Adobe for trying to resolve the issue for me, and thanks to all of you who contributed to this forum post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am so sorry you had to go through such difficulties, Mysterexx.

For future viewers of this discussion please be aware that Adobe no longer provides Creative Suite 6 available for purchase.  If you do see an offer of someone offering Creative Suite 6 new then please be very wary.   If you are unable to complete the registration process discussed in Find your serial number then please return the product to the reseller.  For more details regarding the future of Creative Suite software titles see Creative Cloud now includes Creative Suite Master Collection and Design Premium feature..

If you are purchasing Creative Suite, second-hand, then please make sure that you are able to complete the Transfer of License process listed at Transfer an Adobe product license..   Make sure that the license you are purchasing is not on the restricted list. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeff, I agree with that. I don't know if it's listed elsewhere on Adobe Forums or in Adobe help but as you said, it is possible to register second-hand products with a Transfer of Product License form. Although Adobe has stopped releasing Creative Suite products, there are CS products being advertised for sale here as unopened and unused software. It's not uncommon for a 'warehouse' or bulk-seller to purchase these items from retail stores as the retailers upgrade to the latest products. Copies of Windows 7 and Office 2016 etc are also being advertised here as unopened and unused.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I am reading your post from the futuristic year of 2020. Going to buy a SC6 for the same reasons you did.

Didn't want to buy it off the web just because I'm aware those scams exist.

This post is still helpful for all its solutions to different problems one might encounter while trying to register a second-hand/retail product.

Thank you and I hope it all worked out one way or another! 🙂

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

=============
Beware of fake Adobe reps who may contact you privately offering to sell you software or take control of your computer. It's a scam, run away!
=============
3 Easy Ways to Identify Genuine Adobe Staff
https://tinyurl.com/10791730

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines