• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to install Creative Cloud Updates

New Here ,
Dec 13, 2012 Dec 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Illustrator CS6 Update (version 16.2.0)

There was an error installing this update. Please quit and try again later. Error Code: U44M1P34

DW CS6 12.1.1 Creative Cloud update

There was an error installing this update. Please quit and try again later. Error Code: U44M1P34

Photoshop Camera Raw 7.3

That enough information? After chasing around the Adobe Help system for an hour and a half today and not being able to contact anyone at all yesterday when this forst started occuring, I'm kinda getting annoyed

Then getting on here and finding that my screen name (my own name, registered with Adobe and on the forums) isn't available, one could be excused for an excess of peevishness, I hope.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 14, 2012 Dec 14, 2012

This error usually comes when you move adobe folder to different location from root drive and try to update the application. Uninstall the application and remove all adobe folders. Restart your machine and install the application again and check for updates. It should Work.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 14, 2012 Dec 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This error usually comes when you move adobe folder to different location from root drive and try to update the application. Uninstall the application and remove all adobe folders. Restart your machine and install the application again and check for updates. It should Work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2014 Apr 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With all due respect - this hardly is a solution, but a joke. Don't get me wrong, this IS the official answer, so I don't blame you - just got off the support line and someone at Adobe told me exactly that as well. It's just that uninstalling does nothing but instead the proposed 'solution' is that Adobe forces the user to install everything on C: or wherever Windows resides. What a mess. Companies dictating where to install what - I thought we had gotten over this after windows 3.11. Ridiculous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2014 Jun 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not move any folders, but I did uninstall InDesign (CC) and reinstalled it.   I still get the same error message U44M1P34.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2014 Jun 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My experience is similar to those stated.  I was able to install previous updates.  I have not moved any of my Adobe applications yet I now get Error Code: U44M1P34.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2015 Jun 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having the same problem as everyone else. Adobe's answer doesn't help at all!

I even had an Adobe associate remote into my desktop, uninstall and reinstall everything, with no fix. And the closed the ticket as fixed.

PLEASE SOLVE THIS ISSUE!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2015 Aug 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say remove all adobe folders, are you referring to just the program having the update problem or literally ALL of them? I'm having this problem with Indesign CC (2015)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2016 Jan 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, this is no solution.

In my case, I've never re-located program files, and have always accepted the default installation file path. The C: drive is the only drive I have, so it's not like I have another choice.

Still, I have uninstalled the application, re-booted my system and re-installed. The only thing that resulted in was a note that reads, "Installation succeeded, but a patch failed - Learn more" ... which lead me back to the same solution that didn't work for any previous attempt.

Has anyone actually resolved this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2014 Aug 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm having the same issue. Indesign CC is installed in it's default directory on C:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2014 Aug 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are also having this issue when updating InDesign CC. We have uninstalled, restarted and reinstalled and we're still getting the U44M1P34 error. Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2014 Sep 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem with After Effects. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and got the error when it tried to update after install. I tried to update manually from "C:\Users\[user]\appdata\local\adobe\AAMUpdater\1.0\Install\[PATH TO APPLICATION UPDATE]" and received the same error in the log file, so that was useless. I'd rather have an option to skip the update than have it tell me I need to update every day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 11, 2014 Sep 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also have this problem.  Uninstall, reinstall etc etc.  This is NOT ANSWERED.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2014 Sep 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally found a solution that worked!

I had to find the adobe logs to understand what happened, and found this error "information not found in Media_db".

Here's the location of the solution: Re: Getting fatal Exit Code 34 when installing an app

And here's the answer copied and pasted from the page. I have windows 8 64 bit, but this solution worked for me. The downside was that it said many of my applications weren't installed in the CC app, so I had to hit reinstall on many of them, but everything installed and updated correctly after this.

----------------------------------

I had the very same problem, and I am using windows 7 too. After chat with the adobe tech support. He showed me how to fix the problem.

Also, I tried the clean tool already. That didn't help.

Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe   if you use 32bit system I think it would be C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe

Change 3 folder name.

Adobe PCD -> Adobe PCDold

backup -> backupold

caps -> capsold

Then run the setup file again.

This method worked for me. Hope that would work for you also and save you some time.

----------------------------------

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2014 Oct 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did NOT work for me on Windows 7 64 bit. Same error message. I'm getting the message when I try to update Premier Pro CC (2014). I did not move any folders, but installed everything in the default locations. I've searched everywhere and so far don't see any solution that always solves this.

I am NOT going to remove and reinstall all of my Adobe applications....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2014 Oct 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This actually worked for me. thank you!

(Windows 8.1 64 bit)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2014 Oct 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're having the same problem with both Photoshop CC and Photoshop CC 2014 on one of our 64 bit computers at work.

No solution found so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 16, 2014 Oct 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated AE, PPro and AME and the AE update gave me the Update Failed with the U44M1P34 error code.  I NEVER installed anything in an alternate location.  Why would all the other updates go through just fine?  I'm supposed to uninstall AE, reinstall, then re-install all my plug-ins as well?  Who's paying me for the lost time Adobe, when all I should have to do is click the update button over lunch or when I leave for the night?   I should never have to re-install a darned thing when I do it your way.  Get your act together guys.  Obviously I don't have to update AE.  Its working just fine, but dang, these form "solutions" really insult all our intelligence.  We're not stupid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2014 Oct 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is most useless answer I have ever seen. I did not move the silly installation. Why on earth would I do that? I simply let the Creative Cloud updater download and install an update and it repeatedly fails. That is all.

I just wasted several hours uninstalling everything and reinstalling and the problem remains exactly the same!

How about Adobe resolves this stupid problem and we can use the software that we are paying them vast sums of money for...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 02, 2014 Dec 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with Max. There has to be a better solution and better support. I have the same problem and haven't been able to update in a month or two. Really!!? No better answer than completely re-install? When I waste hours doing this, will Adobe pay for my time? I'm paying them, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 02, 2014 Dec 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK - I was able to update some apps by doing the following for Windows 7.

1. close all the Adobe applications open on your system. (including Creative Coud app)
  2. Press Windows key + R in your keyboard to open the Run window
  3. Type %localappdata% and hit enter.
  4. Once you are under AppData> Local, open Adobe folder and rename OOBE as OOBEold.
  5. Restart CC and try installing the updates

This worked for me for a couple of apps and then I had to try the whole thing again to update more apps. AAAAAuuuurgh!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2014 Dec 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worst answer from adobe! I did not buy your products to do all the technical stuffs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2015 Aug 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well my Indesign CC (2015) is doing this same thing. I just updated my windows 7 to windows 10, but it was doing this before i updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2015 Oct 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just spend hours of my work day with Adobe support trying to fix this issue. My InDesign kept having the update failed error U44M1P34. After being instructed to do several of the solutions on this page including logging into the "hidden" admin account, the rude customer service guy finally fixed the issue (so far).

1. Go to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe
  2. Find the caps folder and cut & paste it to your desktop. If this process works for you, you can delete the caps folder on your desktop when you're done.
  3. Open Creative Cloud and go to Apps. All your programs are still on your computer, but CC won't show them as installed.
  4. Click Install for the program you had the issue with (for me InDesign). This will create a new caps folder and "install" InDesign so it shows as installed in CC.
  5. The bad news: You have to "install" all your programs again so they show up in CC. I assure you all programs are accessible on your computer in Start > All Programs. The caps folder is what CC uses to update and install programs. When you "install" your programs in CC, you are just creating new files in the caps folder. My work's internet speed is not fast so it took 10-15 to reinstall photoshop. I plan to finish "installing" the rest of my adobe programs at home, which should be much faster.

I hope this helps some people solve their problem. Also, I am using Windows 7 64-bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2015 Dec 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

VogueDesign's solution worked for me (PS CC(2015); Win7).

Took some time to re-install all apps, but I didn't get an error message (U44M1P34) anymore, at least so far...!

Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2015 Dec 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In some cases it appears you really have to delete just about everything associated with Adobe CC, and maybe more.  Over 3 sessions that exceeded six and may have been a total of eight cumulative tech support contact hours, Adobe tried just about everything short of massive deletion of files without success in updating Photoshop from the first 2015 release.

In the end, they uninstalled ALL CC and older CS apps, plus Acrobat Reader DS, and then rooted through numerous Adobe configuration directories deleting their content.  With an almost totally clean system (they left Flash and AIR) they finally reinstalled Photoshop and the latest update successfully.  And NO I did not "move adobe folder to different location from root drive and try to update the application" to get the problem.  It must be a problem with their updater (Photoshop 2015 installed fine, it was only when I tried to update it to the recent update that it failed.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines