• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to login to CC; endless login loop, Adobe Support has given up!

Explorer ,
Nov 22, 2020 Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are several other threads about this issue over the past few years, all completely unresolved. I've had the full Adobe Creative Cloud from the beginning and have never had an issue with it until two weeks ago with this endless login loop. Nothing had changed on my system (on an iMac) and I've tried all the self-help troubleshooting steps including deleting the following folders:

~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE   (in user Library folder)

/Library/Application Support/Adobe/SLCache  (in main Library folder)

/Library/Application Support/Adobe/SLStore

... and finally contacting support, both chat and phone. 4 support agents over 4 days, 2 to 4 hours each day giving them remote access to my computer, and they were unable to resolve the issue. No suggestions, nothing. I told them (being that I use to do tech support for other companies) that it looks to me that it's an issue with their backend server not properly creating the credentials... a couple of days later they emailed me saying that it WAS an issue with their backend server, and the issue has been fixed, and all should be working, but it's not! And when I told them this, they promised to have someone call me back the next day. This was Wednesday of last week. No one called and now they are no longer answering my emails! Yet I'm still being charged for the full Creative Cloud even though I can no longer log into it or access any of my apps! THIS NEEDS TO GET RESOLVED ASAP! My livelihood depends on it, especially now! What else am I supposed to do if support has just given up?

TOPICS
Activation , Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

first try, resetting the cc app: To reset the Creative Cloud desktop app, make sure it's in the foreground, then press:

Win: Ctrl + Alt + R
Mac: Cmd + Opt + R

if that fails, try to repair
https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-install-stuck.html

if that fails go ahead and uninstall/reinstall per the above link

if that fails, do a clean cc install following each applicable step:

uninstall every cc app including preferences, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html
then uninstall the cc desktop app, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html
clean your computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html
check for, and if available, update your os
restart your computer (don't skip this)
reinstall the cc desktop app, https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud.
if you're unable to install the cc desktop app at this stage, use an administrator account (solution 4 here, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-missing-damaged.html)
use the desktop app to install your cc programs/trials

kglad_0-1606051889129.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess you didn't read my post, or maybe I should have made it more clear... 4 Adobe support agents had remote access to my computer and literally did every single thing you listed a total of 30 times between them all; with the exception of the final step of creating an admin account. The problem isn't that the app won't install, the problem is that when I log in, it briefly for a moment says "you are successfully logged in" then immediately logs me out and says I have to sign in to access Creative Cloud. No amount of uninstalling and reinstalling, deleting files and folders, or repairing has helped at all.

I guess I will try setting up a second admin user, but this should be working on my main admin user account on my personal Mac that has been running CC for years...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

a lot of people say everything's been tried and everything's failed.  and it's virtually never true that everything's been tried.  

so because it's never true and it's not possible to devine what exactly has been tried when someone says everything's been tried, the standard steps need to be listed.

if what i listed fails, then the next steps would be to backup your computer files, reformat your hd, reinstall and update your os and then reinstall cc before anything else (in part., av).  (and if that fails, there's more.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Understandable. And I apologize for my tone, I'm just extremely frustrated, but I do appreciate your help.

Interestingly though, I tried your final step from your initial response; created a new admin user, and CC was already there, so I tried my login and it actually worked! Was able to install Photoshop and it too worked (though it's missing all the special fonts I've collected over the years in my main user account.)

So now the question really is, why does it work on this new user account on my Mac, but not my main user account that was working perfectly fine for all of these years? I would really hate to have to logout of my main account and login to this new account just for Adobe apps, especially since it won't have all of my fonts, plugins, etc. It just doesn't make sense why this happened...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don't blame you for being frustrated:  i truly do not understand how adobe can make just about everything it does, so consistantly arcane. 

but actually, it does make sense that one local account would be problematic and another would not be.  there are settings in your problematic local account that are causing adobe cc to fail.  what those are, i do not know.  how to find and fix the problematic settings, i do not know.

if it's worthwhile, i'd get on google see what i could find out about mac os <your version> user accounts and their settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no solution. I've now had 7 support people with remote access to my computer and they still can't solve the issue. The last one was from their escalation department, he tried different things than the other support techs, including creating a Root user on my computer to add the files with the correct permissions, but still not working. He said he had to escalate it to Tier 2 support who would call me in 24 - 48 hours... it's been over 72 hours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2022 Dec 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any updates here? I have the same problem..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 16, 2022 Dec 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2023 Nov 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked out well for me. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 10, 2023 Nov 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 13, 2023 Sep 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@mooncatcher_ 

you'll be lucky if those are the only undesirable things left behind by pirated software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines