• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updates for CS6

Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2019 Jan 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Creative Suite 6 that I have reinstalled on a new (Windows 10) computer.  After launching the Adobe Application Manager, there are a number of updates needed.  The only required update is the one for AAM itself.  Unfortunately, after installing this update, I ended up with a bunch of Creative Cloud software installed offering me free trials, etc.  I'm not interested in any CC items nor do I want any CC software on my computer.

I have been able to successfully locate, download, and install all but four of the required updates.  I'm hoping that someone can provide direct links to the Windows versions of these updates.  This is how each of them appear in AAM...

• Adobe CSXS InfrastructureCS6
  • Touch App Plugin Update for Adobe Illustrator CS6
  • Touch App Plugin Update for Adobe Illustrator CS6 (64-bit)
  • DPS Desktop Tools CS6 for Adobe InDesign CS6

Thank you very much for any help locating these updates.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 14, 2019 Jan 14, 2019

I got the installers I needed but not without a fight.  I ended up installing a trial version of CS6, letting it "upgrade" Adobe Application Manager to the Creative Cloud version, and then snapping up the install files from the temporary folder that the CC updater stores them in during installation.  Really a PITA...IMO, these installers should all be available for download.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 12, 2019 Jan 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At some point in the past (I don't know the exact date) Adobe "merged" the original update manager into the Cloud update manager, which means you are no longer using your original update manager

I have read some messages that the latest (Cloud) updater sometimes doesn't work with old programs... Try installing your updates manually

Updates start here and select product, read to see if you need to install updates in number order, or if the updates are cumulative for the individual product http://www.adobe.com/downloads/updates/

Read Cloud takes over https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2089127 for some ideas (see reply #1)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2023 Oct 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Popping in to post a quick follow up because in 2023 it doesn't appear that pre-CC patches/updates are searchable.

Older versions of Adobe Update Manager (i.e. version 7, 6) will still report if CS6 needs to be updated. Rather than take one's chances on the CC version of Adobe Application Manager, which reportedly can have unexpected results, take a note of those update titles and manually download/install them.

Tip: In macOS versions prior to Catalina (where 32-bit compatibility stops), it will likely be necessary to right-click the installers — even for updates/patches — to reveal the "package contents" and then double click the macOS executible file to launch. (After that, Adobe Application Manager will report that the update is successful.)

There are workarounds for the fact that Adobe no longer makes CS6 updates/patches easily searchable on the website ProDesignTools, "Adobe CS6 Trials: Direct Download Links (no Manager or Assistant)". (Specifically, look for Bryan's tips for where to find manual updates in the comment section.) 

The above is a less-than-perfect solution for those who are still making use of perpetual license products because you will have to make your peace with downloading them elsewhere (with the risks that entails). Consequently, if anybody knows how to access the complete list of patches/updates for pre-CC products on Adobe's website, please post updated links.

Tip: Once you download the patches/updates, don't delete the installers because there is no guarantee you will find them again. Back the files up along with everything else using TimeMachine or similar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 20, 2023 Oct 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

all adobe links on prodesigntools are from adobe servers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2019 Jan 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello i own CS6 Master Collection/Production Premium, CC, 2x Adobe Acrobat 2017

and have the same problem.

I addition i have problems with the activations because CS6/Acrobat standalone version thinks that they are CC applications!

i contacted adobe support in short:

We are experiencing technical difficulties that affect the resolution to your query. We are working to resolve the issue as soon as possible. Please contact us after 10-12 hours. Thank you for your patience.

BTW: manual installaton of the patches does not work - it tells me its not for your software (maybe i thinks its the CC subscription - you have to logged into the account for patching).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2019 Jan 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the installers I needed but not without a fight.  I ended up installing a trial version of CS6, letting it "upgrade" Adobe Application Manager to the Creative Cloud version, and then snapping up the install files from the temporary folder that the CC updater stores them in during installation.  Really a PITA...IMO, these installers should all be available for download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed. I was able to get all the updates for CS6 MC on the web via third party sites.

The most important update is ApplicationManager6.2_all.exe Also available on the web. Just have to search for it.

After you install CS6 MC you will need the above patchfile  to install all the other updates manually or online. Do not allow it, Application Manager, to update itself to a new version. If you do you'll have to uninstall CS6 and scrub the leftover folders (delete) and start over.

It's also best to install CS6 offline, no internet, till after you install the version 6.2 of  Applicaiton Manager. If you can download all the updates manually it's best to manually update them all offline. It's only a couple of hours of work. lol.

I'd also rename the Application Manager file from PDApp.exe to PDApp.exe.bak after installing all the updates as its not needed anymore as it's not likely Adobe will be updating CS6 ever.

ApplicationManager6.2_all.exe should be available for all those that have a perpetual license. Otherwise its impossible to update all CS6 apps. I've been updating any Adobe Support Community I run across with this info so others can continue to use the software that they paid for. Shouldn't have to trash perfectly usable software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That you paid good money for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Better to bin the app than download from random sites, for sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day

Is there anyway you could share the updates Bryan5R57 ?
I have tried to find them, but only managed to get four or five:Photoshop, acrobat pro, audition, after effects and the app manager 6.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I did today after your ask. There's 9.84 Giga bytes of them, every single one.

So I created a CS6 update archive on The Internet Archive. Does not include the updates for the Creative Cloud version of CS6 at this point in time.

So here's the link https://archive.org/details/adobe-flash-pro-12.0-12.0.2

don't be misled by the link name to think it's jsut for Adobe Flash it's the to all the updates on the Internet Archive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So do not use any version of AAM - Adobe Application Manager 6.2 to update CS6. The first time version 6.2 AAM checks for updates the very first one is to update itself which leads installs the Creative Cloud version of AAM. If that happens you will need to do a complete uninstall of CS6 and start over.

You do need AAM 6.2 to be installed to install the updates. Can't install any updates with out it.

Disable your internet to  keep AAM from checking for updates then  install the updates.

The only way at this point is to update them one at a time. There's 140 updates in the link above so update only the CS6 apps you need to save from having to update all.

If theres a several updates you can just pick the last one to also same some time. The only problem with that is if for some reason you need the earlier update(s) you will not be able to update the earlier versions with a complete reinstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow!

Thank you very much!

I'll pick out necassory updates and get them installed!

Blessings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The above updates also don't include Acrobat X updates.

I was able to create an ISO that includes all the Acrobat X updates plus a batch file installer I found for Acrobat 9 that I used for a all at once updater for Acrobat X

Here's the link https://archive.org/details/acrobat-x-updates

The batch file is editable so you could also use for Acrobat XI if some one wanted.

Just launch the Acro-X.bat file. It will skip what it needs and will install all available updates.

Regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2022 Jan 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BryanSES7, thank you very much for the insight. I am on the Mac platform and had to reinstall CS6 from scratch. We are running the application on an older Mac running High Sierra and it works great (except for Acrobat, which kept crashing until we updated it to v10.1.16).  Unfortunately, the server holding all the Mac CS6 update files has also been decommisioned by Adobe (end of life). I was able to locate "AcrobatUpd10116.dmg" and "Photoshop_CS6_13_0_6_upd.dmg", but cannot locate any of the other dmg update files. Do you have access to these other files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bryan5E57 - 

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!! You have a greater conscience and more morality than anyone at Adobe, seems like. I don't need the CC platform, I've been happy with CS6 for all these years and only needed the updates because I updated my PC and had to re-install the OS. Adobe support will simply ignore your requests when you ask where the CS6 updates are, even with the perpetual license on the master versions. It's really a legal issue. They're forcing users to upgrade and ignoring their commitments to master collection owners. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah that's exactly what they're doing.

Germany wants Android and IOS phone companies to provide 7 years of updates/support for any phones sold in the their country. It's isn't a requirement yet but it could trigger rammifications for all software. I hope this happenes. Long over do IMO.

Not a very good business model for long term profits IMOas well.

Adode took their CS3, CS4, and CS5 activation servers offline claiming those server where old and warn out. That's a big bucket of B.S. as they could have easily moved those servers to the cloud, if they weren't already there. I mean really? on old servers? Yeah right! Will be happening soon to CS6 I'm sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Old servers? LOL. With storage prices these days, it costs next to nothing to backup/replace hardware. M.2 SSD drives, 250GB are less than $70 USD. It's insulting to intelligence. BUT, this starts from the top down. The current Adobe CEO has pushed this culture and business model because that's who he is. Their customer service is atrocious, english barely intelligible, they often know nothing - it goes on and on. It starts with him. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adode took their CS3, CS4, and CS5 activation servers offline

The CS, CS2 & CS3 activation servers are decommissioned (offline). CS4 activation is still possible but not deactivation. CS5 & CS6 activation servers are still working.

The rest of your points are acknowledged though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>CS3, CS4, and CS5 activation servers offline

Not true... or only partly true

The CS2-CS3-CS4 activation servers have been removed from service
-https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite.html?promoid=19SCDRQK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies, my mistake. CS2, CS3, CS4 is correct.

But still thimk it's dishonest to make the claim

"The aging activation servers for those apps had to be retired."

like they where old and rickety. Just absolute B.S.

It seems to me that each of those so-called old servers could have easily been put on a cloud servers to extend the life of those versions or just release them to the open source community so those who couldnt afford them could get experince using them.

Those old versions still work in Windows 10 and could also work in Windows 11 via a VM.

Probably would work better for users if they did install them in a VM. Assigning 4 Cores to a windows XP VM would make the old versions super fast.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to me that each of those so-called old servers could have easily been put on a cloud servers to extend the life of those versions

I don't believe they were retired entirely for technical reasons. More legal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[abuse removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do NOT know if this still works

Adobe FTP site is ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/ login: anonymous pass: password

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, the FTP server only contains updates to two of the fifteen+ CS6 application suite programs (Acrobat and Photoshop), and I already was able to obtain these two dmg files through another source; I think it is going to be someone uploading them from their personal backups...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines