• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updating CS6 Bridge: There was an error downloading this update

Explorer ,
Aug 08, 2020 Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done a clean install of macOS Mojave on my Macbook and have reinstalled Photoshop and Bridge CS6.

I managed to update Photoshop, but the updater gives the below errors for Camera Raw, Bridge and Extension Manager. I saw a suggestion here to set system time back. I tried setting it to 2010 but it didn't work.

I am surprised that it would be a download error because the updater does download for a few minutes. The error arises when the installation is supposed to begin.

Thanks very much in advance

Philip 

Photoshop Camera Raw 9.1.1(CS6)There was an error downloading this update. Please quit and try again later. Error Code: U43M1D207
Adobe Bridge CS6 5.0.2 UpdateThere was an error downloading this update. Please quit and try again later. Error Code: U43M1D207
Extension Manager 6.0.8 UpdateThere was an error downloading this update. Please quit and try again later. Error Code: U43M1D207

[please refrain from PII and 3rd party URLs in this area - Moderator]
TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

I did a clean install of macOS Sierra. Photoshop itself had to be installed using the Show Package Contents route but it was possible to update from Help/Updates without any problem at all. I'm content with using Sierra instead of Mojave (which I found a bit choppy occasionally possibly because my 2013 MBPr is getting on in years) so I will close the thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 08, 2020 Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have much experience with MacOS.

But as fas as I know CS6 doesn't work with the new Apple OS Mojave.

You have go to the news CC versions.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 09, 2020 Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply. Adobe actually has a page on how to install CS6 on Sierra, High Sierra and Mojave. I had it installed on my Macbook before and it ran without any problem at all which made me happy. The installation this time went without a hitch; it is only the update of Bridge and the two other apps that doesn't work. Photoshop updated perfectly.

I'm a bit at a loss what to do. I didn't encounter this problem last time I installed Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the missinformation. It seems that CS6 can be used with Mojave. 

Have you take a look here?

https://community.adobe.com/t5/bridge/cannot-update-bridge-cameraraw-cs6/td-p/8768354?page=1

Possible it can help.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No worries at all. I managed to install Camera Raw 9.1.1 using the link in that thread, thank you!

When I run the AAM it will nevertheless list Camera Raw as in need of update. If I untick that and try to install the other two I still get the same error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See if installing an updated Adobe Application Manager lets the updates complete when using Help>Updates from within photoshop cs6.

https://supportdownloads.adobe.com/detail.jsp?ftpID=4774

You may have to use the same procedure for installing the application manager as installing photoshop cs6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this suggestion Jeff. I managed to install the AAM as per normal (i.e. not by viewing package contents etc). Unfortunately I get precisely the same error when the files have been downloaded and the installation is about to begin.

I'm wondering if I ought to install macOS Sierra instead. I'm running Mojave now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did a clean install of macOS Sierra. Photoshop itself had to be installed using the Show Package Contents route but it was possible to update from Help/Updates without any problem at all. I'm content with using Sierra instead of Mojave (which I found a bit choppy occasionally possibly because my 2013 MBPr is getting on in years) so I will close the thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines