• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When I open my Creative Cloud application it asks me for my serial number?

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 17, 2013 Jun 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are being prompted to enter your serial number when opening your actively subscribed Creative Cloud application then there maybe missing account information.  Please see Creative Cloud products prompt for serial number on launch | CCM - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/ccm-prompt-serial-number.html for additional information.

In addition if you are facing difficulties reaching the activation server please see Sign in or activation errors | CS6, CS5.5 Subscriptions, CS6 Perpetual - http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-network-issues.html.  Also if you are managing a network please see the Adobe Creative Cloud Service Access Documentation for IT section of http://www.adobe.com/devnet/creativesuite/enterprisedeployment.html.

Finally for additional information on managing your Creative Cloud account please see Manage your membership | Creative Cloud - http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/membership-subscription-troubleshooting-creative-c....

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2015 Apr 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same exact thing here.   Have you been able to figure out the problem?   I have paid for both the fixed program and the CC.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2015 May 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I looked at all these forums and went through the customer care BS and nothing still works, I keep getting the same damn screen everytime.

-Your free trial has expired

*click licence this software

-Sign in required

*signs in

-Serial number required

*goes on to Adobe licensing website

-You are not an authorized member of this site

what are you talking about?!?! I have an account AND I PAID my subscription already!!

that's just one of the MANY things I've tried already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2015 Apr 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried and tried.  Very irritating.  I have a project due today.  This has never happened until I updated.  I own the license rights for LR and I pay for CC.  Please help?

Thanks,

Jim Drews

<Removed by Moderator>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2015 May 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Jeff

I tried everything so far but still cannot change from trial version to licensed version.

I have never been asked on my account to enter my birthday, tried a different browser and cleared all caches but I still cannot see where to fill in this information.

I checked the connection to your servers as well as the certificate and this seems OK too.

I really don't know what else to do.

Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2015 May 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very frustrating. Couple days ago I found that Acrobat had updated and wouldn't let me sign in (literally, the sign-in links/buttons did nothing at all). Finally rebooted signed in using the CC app, but it kept looping. Now I'm being prompted for a serial number and can't figure out how to actually get support. Followed the links from this thread (no entries in hosts, no issues with connectivity, Root CA is fine) and eventually hit, "Still need help? Contact Us", followed the prompts and ended up back and the same damn page.

I have work to do. This is obnoxious.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2015 May 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Googling, spending time in these forums, trying to find support contacts (looping through the "Still need help? Contact us" pages), multiple messages on Twitter, I FINALLY got a support number ( 1-800-833-6687 ) where I requested a callback.

That rep started along the idiotic path of "Have you reset your browser?" (which of the 4 do you mean?), "please clear you temp files", "Are you on a corporate PC?.... sometimes the corporate network people..." (I AM the network admin), etc..

I finally got assertive and asked her to please not waste my time and re-explained the blank Creative Cloud Desktop app issue I was seeing and the history that led to me being prompted for a serial. She put me on hold for 5 minutes, came back with a good attitude despite my being so curt with her, and (very slowly) walked me through the following using meet.me; which DID FIX MY ISSUE:

1. Kill the "Adobe Desktop Service.exe" process.  ( C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe Desktop Common\ADS )
  2. Open Explorer to: %userprofile%\appdata\local\adobe
  3. Rename OOBE to something else
  4. Restart Creative Cloud Desktop app
  5. Sign in again
  6. Profit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2015 Sep 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your solution is for Windows.. right? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2015 Jun 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A couple of months ago I started a single application plan with Adobe Muse. Two days ago, every time I try to open the application, the system reply is always the same: "You need a serial number". I've read that is a system mistake since serial numbers are not provided in this case. Then I tried to switch my 'package' from Single Application to Adobe Cloud-all applications in order to see if that can fix the problem? and I did it from a different account, I have exactly the same problem. I doubled checked my personal and payment information to make the 'problem' wasn't there. I checked my internet connection and it works perfectly well and Adobe took already the money from bank account, so, how can I fix this issue EASILY and in a very short period of time? I need to have a project done by tomorrow and this problem will become huge if there is not a clear solution... this is so, so frustrating. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2015 Jun 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry about all the typos, btw...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 07, 2015 Jul 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

i have a problem. Yesterday i bought the abbonement for students. It's already shown in my account but when i try to start an app, for example photoshop, i gut the message that 29 Days trial is left. When i click on license Product i get the message that no active abo was found.

What can i do now?

Please help me because i want to use the products i pay for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2016 Jan 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow!  Creative Cloud is now working. I had to use the " Adobe CC Cleaner tool " to uninstall my applications I.had to install the CC Desktop Application and then FS and LR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2016 May 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded to the CC master collection yesterday morning. Everything is paid for and payment/address details all in order.
However all of my apps seem to be trial versions only. When i log into my account it clearly states i have a membership plan. But the CC download manager seems to not think so?

I have restarted, re-downloaded, Signed out and in but nothing works.

I deleted every single adobe app from my mac. Then downloaded adobe cloud cleaner to ensure everything was gone.

Re-downloaded CC and it still has the same problem.

My languages and time/date settings are all the same and set to English (uk).

I have followed instructions on multiple threads.

The only thing i can think it might be is my machine having trouble connecting with the adobe centre. But i found a thread detailing the steps to follow in that case and still no luck. I am running this on my personal mac pro. In my home on my own internet. There are no firewall restrictions.

Can someone please help?

It seems all i can do is post in a thread as there is no phone support or chat available.
Any hep would greatly be appreciated!

Thanks!

Rich

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2016 Sep 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ple send me my serial no

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 26, 2016 Sep 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Raniv85049462 if you are using Creative Cloud and being asked for a serial number then please review and implement the steps discussed in this discussion.  If you have any questions regarding the steps listed to resolve this error then please post those questions to this discussion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have already lost 2 hours trying to solve this problem and I am now very upset. I wish I could avoid using your product...

I have a very urgent deadline.... I hate you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2021 May 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A language struggle of your working framework and your CC permit could likewise cause issues. You could watch that the applications default language setting in the application supervisor is worldwide English before you begin to download the new applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines