• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When trying to upgrade Creative Cloud desktop app I get error 205 at 42% installed

Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2017 Apr 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We discovered that our SonicWall is detecting the download as a virus. I was trying to download the full product at Download Creative Cloud desktop app  and discovered that this location does not currently have the latest version, so Creative Cloud desktop app still tries to upgrade to version 4. Can someone please update that web page so we have the latest full product available for download?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Garyv19142592 you are correct version 4.0.1.188 is now available for direct download at Download Creative Cloud desktop app .

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Markos93261790 I am glad you were able to resolve the error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correction: I am VERY glad that YOUR company was able to resolve the error (read: your). As in NOT me...

What part of anything I wrote in all of my posts did you take as ME "resolving" anything?

Is this an auto-bot responding?

OK, I guess I can get to work now, a day and a half later, whoo-hoo!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We did change our firewall settings and it didn't help. We had to disable a rule temporarily to allow download (as it was coming back marked as a virus) then we put the rule back for security reasons. There are 4 of us using a team license and we can't all individually call IT and then spend an hour turning the rule on and off

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amsphere Wills I would recommend working with your I.T. department to permanently change the rule.  Alternately, if you have a Creative Cloud for Team or Enterprise membership then there a variety of methods that can be utilized by your I.T. department to deploy any updates within your internal network.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I asked and they said no. So will have to call them everytime this happens. However, App updates don't get interrupted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is unfortunate news Amsphere Wills.  If you do have a Creative Cloud for Team or Enterprise account then your I.T. department could utilize the Creative Cloud Packager to create a local installation file.

I would recommend bookmarking https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html Amsphere Wills if your I.T. department is unwilling to make the necessary changes.  We do plan to update the page with a direct download of the current version of the Creative Cloud desktop app once the necessary testing has been completed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue with a new joiners app. I tried to run the uninstaller to remove the current app and then download the latest version but the uninstaller won't work says it's an old version and is currently in use but we shut everything down and it still won't run

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Amsphere Wills if you are facing additional errors updating the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application then please utilize the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application uninstaller utility available for download at Uninstall the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application .

If you are continuing to encounter repeated errors when downloading, Error 205, then you can download the installation files for version 4.0.1.188 of the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application at Download Creative Cloud desktop app..

For future viewers of this discussion if you would like assistance resolve Error 205 you are welcome to contact our support team directly at Contact Customer Care .  You can also find additional details on how to resolve Error 205, and other download errors, at Troubleshoot Adobe Creative Cloud download and install issues.​.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i may or may not have found an incredibly stupid and timeconsuming solution for this problem. sharing it just incase the download that Jeff provided doesn't work. copy all your files to a hard drive (just in case you mess up) and spam system restore (the one that doesn't delete your files). it took me 2 system restores to get to a point on my laptop where i could use Adobe CC again. it might work for some people. just sharing with you guys! success with fixing the 205 error!

oh and P.S Adobe: fix your CC. like, right now if you can. we're not the only people that are/were affected by this error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines