• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where is the 20Gb Photography Plan?

Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2019 May 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My question couldn't be more simple, where is the 20Gb photography plan at £9.98 that includes Lightroom Classic?

I was looking for the sign up link for some friends that want to use Lightroom Classic. They don't want or need 1Tb of storage at nearly £20/month. The whole point of LR Classic is that its storage is local. If Adobe have removed this option whilst doubling the cost it feels a lot like price gouging. And it makes me get a bad taste in my mouth.

I see a few forum posts saying the 20Gb plan is available via a phone call. Really!!! Is this how things are done nowadays?

Does anyone know?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 02, 2019 May 02, 2019

Hi all,

Sorry about the confusion surrounding the plans page. Occasionally, we run tests on Adobe.com which cover a range of items which can include plan options that may or may not be presented to all visitors to Adobe.com.

This particular test involves testing photography plans with higher levels of storage. The Lightroom plan with 1TB and Creative Cloud Photography plan with 1TB allow customers to use Lightroom across multiple devices with large numbers of photos. As people are increasingly usi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i see it here, Creative Cloud pricing and membership plans | Adobe Creative Cloud but i don't know what other countries see and, i think, that's an intro offer and may not apply if you already subscribed for 1 year.

Screenshot - 5_1_2019 , 4_56_26 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the UK the plan is available at a similar price. I think it‘s available everywhere where you can buy directly from Adobe.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Evidently Photography Plan is not listing the 20 GB option now.    Lots of crazy price changes lately.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's still there on the UK site:

...but when I change to the US site it is effectively missing. So I would say: hurry-up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is there but the $9.99 only includes Lightroom now.

Sounds like a change was made without an announcement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot - 5_1_2019 , 2_31_02 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kstohlmeyer1  wrote

It is there but the $9.99 only includes Lightroom now.

Sounds like a change was made without an announcement.

There were 9.99$ plans: one Lr alone+1Tb of storage and one Lr, Lr Classic and Ps with 20Gb of storage. The 19,99 plan included Lr, Lr Classic and Ps with 1Tb of storage. So the 20Gb plan has been take out quietly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct. Very very quietly. I'm (happily) surprised to see it still available in the UK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2019 May 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would hurry-up...

I'm not too happy, because at 10€+VAT the plan was a bargain. And I persuaded some people to take it. At 20€ they will change probably to a competitor's product.

I have the impression it is to push Lightroom (not Classic)! Let's see...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It feels a lot like Adobe are moving to dump Light Classic by out pricing it. Lightroom Classic users almost by definition want local storage and probably choose their own cloud storage. I use CrashPlan which is unlimited for less than the Adobe 1Tb offering and it doesn’t strangle Lightrooms performance.

This reminds me of Adobes hubris with changing the import dialog. I hope they reinstate the low cloud storage option before the hive mind finds other software choices

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let your voice be heard: Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems the 20Gb plan appears on phones - but not on computers  - an error or a devious way to hike prices by 100%

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems the 20Gb plan appears on phones - but not on computers  - an error or a devious way to hike prices by 100%

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would say: bad web programming!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it's actually intentional... See this related Forums post for more info on what is going on:

Re: lightroom plan price hike?

So with the Adobe comments given there, it's hard to say whether this will be permanent or not... But the bottom line for now is that the $9.99 Photography Plan is still available for purchase and/or renewal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like it's still available in the UK at the aforementioned price:

Photo plan UK.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

** The plan can be purchased at http://www.adobe.com/go/photo18sptst, via phone at 1-800-585-0774 or via major retailers.**

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This article has an official statement from Adobe.

They are phasing out the $9.99 plan.

https://petapixel.com/2019/05/02/adobes-10-photography-plan-gone-from-site-cheapest-is-20-month/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Jane pointed out - you can skirt around it (for now) by going to the phone or chat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Kevin,

I read that article over several times earlier today, and could find nothing there from Adobe saying they are phasing out the $9.99 plan... The only language to that effect was unconfirmed speculation from the blog piece's author.

I haven't seen anything anywhere, including from any Adobe representative, indicating the longstanding $9.99/month plan would no longer being offered. Actually the opposite.

Here's what my site published about the situation this afternoon, in an effort to help clarify:

Actually, Adobe’s $9.99/mo. Photography Plan (20 GB) Is Still Available

Obviously none of us can know what Adobe may do in the future. But for now, at least, they say it's still and will be there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
May 03, 2019 May 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kstohlmeyer1  wrote

They are phasing out the $9.99 plan.

https://petapixel.com/2019/05/02/adobes-10-photography-plan-gone-from-site-cheapest-is-20- month/

There's nothing on this page confirming your statement. Any other source ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Sorry about the confusion surrounding the plans page. Occasionally, we run tests on Adobe.com which cover a range of items which can include plan options that may or may not be presented to all visitors to Adobe.com.

This particular test involves testing photography plans with higher levels of storage. The Lightroom plan with 1TB and Creative Cloud Photography plan with 1TB allow customers to use Lightroom across multiple devices with large numbers of photos. As people are increasingly using multiple devices, these plans are increasingly popular.

If you’d still like to purchase the 20GB plan, you can! Go to http://www.adobe.com/go/photo18sptst, or via phone at 1-800-585-0774.

Regards,

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pete,

I’m not sure to love those tests...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines