• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where's download link for Lightroom 6!!

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just re-install my sing purchased lightroom 6 to my new desktop.

Creative cloud doesn't work for new lightroom cc or classic, doesn't any any serial number.

and download links below don't have the exact application.

Download Photoshop Lightroom

Adobe Support Policies: Supported Product Versions

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 07, 2022 Dec 07, 2022

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Isn't this it from the first link?

2017-10-27_131252.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2019 Jan 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same problem. It pretends that all the Lightroom versions are available on the Lightroom download page but it only lists 4 and 5. Where is the download link for 6? The above screenshot doesn't match the page

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, it's gone for me too.

Adobe has a curious habit of doing things like removing popular download links without warning with no explanation.

You can try https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-lightroom-6-cc-direct-download-links.html

Just be sure to carefully follow the download instructions on that page first, BEFORE clicking on the links. Otherwise they won’t work, and you’ll get an “access denied” message from Adobe’s servers instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2019 Jan 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After sitting with Adobe support for 40 minutes, I have the link. When I asked why it takes this special emailed link, they said "it must be a technical issue with the site": Download Photoshop Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In same predicament again... laptop died... new PC & trying to download LR6 again... none of the links previously advertised work anymore...

Anyone any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2020 Jan 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Red - Try this out. I was able to download this version and validate with my license. 

https://creativecloud.adobe.com/apps/all/desktop/pdp/lightroom-classic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 26, 2020 Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you download Lightroom 6 from that link?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2020 Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So...if you click the trial, it will give you the desktop version. I just finished but what I am finding is there is no way to register it with an existing serial number. So I have it installed with a 7-day trial. I am going to send Adobe a note to see if there is a way to register it. Not happy about this...I had a hard drive crash and am trying to reinstall the app as I had the catalogue on a different drive. I get moving to the cloud but hate that companies are moving in this direction for apps like this and charging a monthly fee. Yes, more $$ in their pocket but more out of ours and not all users want this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That link takes one to CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In case anyone runs into the sames thing in 2020. I didn't find any link collection that worked for the old LR 6.x versions. 

Online Chat support helped. Have your license key handy. 

After getting reconnected a couple of times, they asked for my key, verified it and gave me a direct link. Took a little over 10 minutes. So at least that's something. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you,

I just used one of the above links and Lightroom 5 was the latest version available, no 6 in sight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

In the process of migrating to a new computer, I learned that the LR6 installer is no longer available because it is no longer supported by Adobe. Adobe cutomer support directed me here to submit a query [I was not successful reaching a live person via chat and.] I'm not terribly tech savvy, but searched and found this string which seems to highlight my issue. 

Thank you for posting the above link Glenn5DAF. Unfortunately, I get an error message "A problem occurred while extracting some files. Check available space on your computer and the write privileges on the destination folder." Any help would be greatly appreciated!

P.S. I am content with my single purchase LR6 from 10/2015. The thought of being forced to purchase a subscription for an updated program that I already technically purchased is a crock.

Thanks in advance. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2021 Oct 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I now have got the same problem my lightroom six was working perfectly well and using a midi controler as well, then my laptop stopped working and now been trying to install it and it will not let me it said deactivate the old one but don't know how too 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 21, 2021 Oct 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deactivation requires customer support. Contact them via chat or phone and tell them you want an ACTIVATION COUNT RESET. If they tell you to come here, tell them this is something that only they can do and if they don't know how, to please transfer you to someone who does.

Edited to add: Beware of ANYONE who contacts you directly via email or DM claiming to be an Adobe employee. They are not; they are scammers. 

Resetting the activation count is the only support now available for any of the Creative Suites that can still be used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a similar situation trying to reinstall LR6 on a new computer I bought to enhance my photo editing experience.  So much for that.     But when I reinstall the exact same file as I used to install LR6 on my original computer, it now says version CC2015.14, not 6.14 with a perpetual license. I tried the links in this post as well and they all register as CC2015.14. Very strange. I wonder if I need to uninstall it from my other computer before I install it on the new one to unconfuse the licenssing issue.  Adobe was unhelpful and sent me to this support link and had no intent on listening to what was going on. I will NEVER spend another dime on an adobe product but I sure would like to get my purchased version working. I'm cautious about uninstalling it from the old machine in fear it won't install back correctly if it in fact does not work on the new machine at all.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I looks like Adobe is going to attach another serial number in my case. They were very helpful.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what is this "new computer"?  Lr6 will not install on the last three versions of Mac OS (Apple saw to that by their OS upgrades!). And most likely not compatible with Windows-11.

If your install shows "CC2015.14" it has installed as the Creative Cloud subscription version. (you must have, at some time, installed the CC Desktop App that sets it as a subscription version)

Try this Web Archive link for an answer to convert CC2015.14 to v6.14  How to convert a Lightroom CC trial to Lightroom 6 

And if you strike the Limit of Activations (2)- you must contact Adobe support to "RESET ACTIVATIONS"

See the first Correct answer by Careeeesa at-

ACTIVATION RESET LR6

IMO if you "NEVER spend another dime on an adobe product" then do not expect any support from Adobe. My US$9.99/month for the Photography Plan buys me the best of editing software for my hobby photography.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, Adobe has earned my continued business by supprting the existing version of purchased software. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FWIW, a helpful Adobe agent found a way to install and activate Lightroom 6.14 on my new laptop in January 2022. Initially, the agent told me that the program would not work with Windows 11, but then was able to provide installation help using an older version of my license from a previous version to get me past the error message that the license (for version 6) was valid but the program was unavailable. The program seems to work fine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2022 Feb 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue and adobe keeps refering me to their forums.  Any suggestions for what I should ask them to do?  Or, do you have a copy of the chat so I might know exactly what to ask?

Thank you 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2022 Feb 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Consider these facts-

1) Lightroom v6 (Perpetual) is not supported by Adobe.
2) Lr6 cannot be downloaded from Adobe.
3) Lr6 cannot be updated from Adobe.
4) Lr6 cannot be operated with a Serial Number only.
4a) Lr6 can be installed as Perpetual or Creative Cloud Subscription.
5) Lr6 (as Perpetual) must be ACTIVATED to be useable (beyond a Trial term).
6) You cannot Activate online to Adobe within the App.
7) You cannot De-activate online to Adobe
8) Lr6 is not known to be compatible with Windows-11. It will not install in Mac iOS (BigSur, Catalina, Monterey)
9) v6 End of The Road Draws Nearer? v6 End of The Road Draws Nearer? 
v6 is Falling Apart- Petapixel article v6 is Falling Apart- Petapixel article 
10) Downloads for v6.14 are only available via - 6.14 download VERY IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS 
11) Activating Lr6 can only be Activated/ Deactivated by a Chat to a sympathetic Support staff member, or a Private Message to Careeesa-
ACTIVATION v6

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 05, 2022 Feb 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And "What to ask?"

Be Signed-In to this forum with your Adobe ID and allow cookies in your web browser. CONTACT ADOBE SUPPORT from this Chat link: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen

A Chat message window will open automatically in the lower-right of screen.

Typing AGENT in the chat box should connect you to a human, bypassing the AI questions. (The autoOpen chat will have notified your ID to the staff person)

Ask only for an ACTIVATION RESET of Lr6.  Do NOT ask for “Support”

If the agent can't do it, see the link below. Activation reset is all they can help you with because Lr6 is discontinued and unsupported software. Some Support Staff say it cannot be done, yet others kindly oblige.

If you cannot reset activations by a Chat- See the ‘Correct Answer’ from Staff member Careeeesa in this link-

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/p-activation-or-deactivation-versions-o...

And isn't it time you considered upgrading to Version 11?

$9.99 PHOTOGRAPHY PLAN (USA)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines