Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Where's download link for Lightroom 6!!

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just re-install my sing purchased lightroom 6 to my new desktop.

Creative cloud doesn't work for new lightroom cc or classic, doesn't any any serial number.

and download links below don't have the exact application.

Download Photoshop Lightroom

Adobe Support Policies: Supported Product Versions

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Community Professional , Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017
Isn't this it from the first link?

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Isn't this it from the first link?

2017-10-27_131252.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2019 Jan 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same problem. It pretends that all the Lightroom versions are available on the Lightroom download page but it only lists 4 and 5. Where is the download link for 6? The above screenshot doesn't match the page

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture.JPG

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, it's gone for me too.

Adobe has a curious habit of doing things like removing popular download links without warning with no explanation.

You can try https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-lightroom-6-cc-direct-download-links.html

Just be sure to carefully follow the download instructions on that page first, BEFORE clicking on the links. Otherwise they won’t work, and you’ll get an “access denied” message from Adobe’s servers instead.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2019 Jan 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After sitting with Adobe support for 40 minutes, I have the link. When I asked why it takes this special emailed link, they said "it must be a technical issue with the site": Download Photoshop Lightroom

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In same predicament again... laptop died... new PC & trying to download LR6 again... none of the links previously advertised work anymore...

Anyone any suggestions?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2020 Jan 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Red - Try this out. I was able to download this version and validate with my license. 

https://creativecloud.adobe.com/apps/all/desktop/pdp/lightroom-classic

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 26, 2020 Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you download Lightroom 6 from that link?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2020 Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So...if you click the trial, it will give you the desktop version. I just finished but what I am finding is there is no way to register it with an existing serial number. So I have it installed with a 7-day trial. I am going to send Adobe a note to see if there is a way to register it. Not happy about this...I had a hard drive crash and am trying to reinstall the app as I had the catalogue on a different drive. I get moving to the cloud but hate that companies are moving in this direction for apps like this and charging a monthly fee. Yes, more $$ in their pocket but more out of ours and not all users want this!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In case anyone runs into the sames thing in 2020. I didn't find any link collection that worked for the old LR 6.x versions. 

Online Chat support helped. Have your license key handy. 

After getting reconnected a couple of times, they asked for my key, verified it and gave me a direct link. Took a little over 10 minutes. So at least that's something. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you,

I just used one of the above links and Lightroom 5 was the latest version available, no 6 in sight.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

In the process of migrating to a new computer, I learned that the LR6 installer is no longer available because it is no longer supported by Adobe. Adobe cutomer support directed me here to submit a query [I was not successful reaching a live person via chat and.] I'm not terribly tech savvy, but searched and found this string which seems to highlight my issue. 

Thank you for posting the above link Glenn5DAF. Unfortunately, I get an error message "A problem occurred while extracting some files. Check available space on your computer and the write privileges on the destination folder." Any help would be greatly appreciated!

P.S. I am content with my single purchase LR6 from 10/2015. The thought of being forced to purchase a subscription for an updated program that I already technically purchased is a crock.

Thanks in advance. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2021 Oct 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I now have got the same problem my lightroom six was working perfectly well and using a midi controler as well, then my laptop stopped working and now been trying to install it and it will not let me it said deactivate the old one but don't know how too 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 21, 2021 Oct 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Deactivation requires customer support. Contact them via chat or phone and tell them you want an ACTIVATION COUNT RESET. If they tell you to come here, tell them this is something that only they can do and if they don't know how, to please transfer you to someone who does.

Edited to add: Beware of ANYONE who contacts you directly via email or DM claiming to be an Adobe employee. They are not; they are scammers. 

Resetting the activation count is the only support now available for any of the Creative Suites that can still be used.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines