• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why can't I reset my trial like you offered?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2014 Mar 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got this email from you stating that you had reset the clock on trial versions - http://view.mail.adobesystems.com/?j=fec716787d61047c&m=fe9d157073640c7e75&ls=fe2215797363037e731072...

There is no update button on the Creative Cloud, and when I try to uninstall and reinstall the creative cloud, it still says my trial has expired. I tried contacting customer support, but they won't help since it's an issue with the trial.

Other people have asked this question on the forum and no one has helped. Why send an offer if you aren't going to back it up?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 25, 2015 May 25, 2015

You are likely trying to do something that is no longer provided for.  The original discussion would be an exception.... it sounds like there was an issue with trials and they were working to fix it and providing the opportunity for people to try again - in the past.  Otherwise, as it stands today and has always been the policy, you only get the 30 days for the trial... no more than that.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Davis,

Please rename opm.db file to opm.db.old.

Win:

C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Adobe\OOBE     Please note AppData is a hidden folder if it doesnt show you will have to unhide it.

Mac:

~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE/   Please note its user library so make sure of ~ sign.

Once its done, please open Creative Cloud app and sign in.

It should work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2014 Mar 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea what this means. How do I do this?? Please be more specific.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2014 Mar 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rajesh 15, I don't understand your directions. How do I get to the file that I need to change. Please be specific... I'm a designer, not a programmer.

Rajshree, yes, I have seen the discussions where you have "escalated" the cases for investigation, but unfortunately, that doesn't help me now. I'm sorry your product you offered isn't working correctly, but I was told by you that I could use the trial for another 30 days, and it isn't working. I only have one computer. I'd like a coupon code or something in the meantime, because I need it now and don't have time to wait for Adobe to fix the issue with the special offer.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

dude  just pay for it if you need it that much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2014 Oct 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did this... can you not reset it anymore?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2015 May 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you explain what that means?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2015 May 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to reset my free trial using the instructions it change the file to "opm.db.old." but it kept saying that it was in "Service for Adobe Desktop Apps". I tried again, but nothing worked. Is there another way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are likely trying to do something that is no longer provided for.  The original discussion would be an exception.... it sounds like there was an issue with trials and they were working to fix it and providing the opportunity for people to try again - in the past.  Otherwise, as it stands today and has always been the policy, you only get the 30 days for the trial... no more than that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, then. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have to need for few days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2015 May 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow it works on my mac!!!!!!! Thanks Buddy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I wouldn't get too excited if I were you. I'm still trying to figure this out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

uninstall and reinstall creative cloud. reset comp. and try the steps. I did just that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2016 Apr 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANKS!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Davis,

Welcome to Adobe Forum,

In addition to what Rajesh mentioned, I would like to add that :

Adobe reset the trial experience for Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Muse CC only. This reset allows anyone who previously used a trial of these software titles to evaluate the software title for an additional 30 days.

Sign out using the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop application.

Then, sign back in. If signing out and back in does not resolve the issue, I would suggest you to use the software on a different computer.

The announcement for resetting of the trial was in January, but yes right now it is not working for few of them.

The engineering Team has been informed about it & they are yet to provide any timeframe for the resolution.

As of now the issue is being looked upon & is under investigation.(I have personally escalated cases for investigation)

Regards,

Rajshree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2016 Oct 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yo, If you want to reset your trial, I recommend watching this video:

For Windows

How to Renew Photoshop CC 2015 Trial - YouTube

For Mac

You have to go SHIFT COMMAND G and write down /Library. Then go to APPLICATION SUPPORT then ADOBE and then choose the

You have to go SHIFT COMMAND G and write down /Library. Then go to APPLICATION SUPPORT then ADOBE and then choose the preferred application folder e.g. Adobe Photoshop CC 2015.5. Then AMT and drag the APPLICATION.XML folder to Desktop. Open it with text edit. Find TRIAL NUMBER. Change one number, drag it back into the folder and replace it. DONE!!!!!

Have a nice day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you are the MVP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2018 Jan 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2018-01-21 We are now a 2018-01-21 and I have had exact the same kind of problems that you already highlight iin 2004 and it has not been solved and not been explained on the web. I did a trial download a trial version for Adobe Muse together with the necessary Cloud application  getting kind assistance of Adobe Support team on January 9, 2018.

I had specific interest of trying this verision since Microsoft Office support do not work and could not assist me having spent weeks to get assitance to a non-functioing paid expensive support for Office .

Adobe unfortunately seem to have the same systematic problem and carelessness towards their customs since I have not been able to use the trial version and have not received any assistance for this while having spent hours and hours trying to reach the Support 24/7 who knows nothing and have no mandate.

Bad Adobe! More a decade later you still have the same problems as to your trial version and do nothing to arange the problem!?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 21, 2018 Jan 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not entirely sure which 2004 problems you mean as this thread only started in 2014 and referred to a specific email. Anyway, you might consider taking out a month-by-month subscription (the $30 one, not the $20 one which is a yearly commitment) and cancelling if it does not meet your needs. However, I have a tip: you seem to be having issues with two widely used and stable applications from different makers. It may be worth having your computer rebuilt or having your workflow examined by an expert.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines