• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why isn't photoshop downloading?

Explorer ,
Jun 13, 2015 Jun 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I got a subscription for creative cloud a few months ago but I didn't download it at the time. My subscription is still up to date. I have tried to download creative cloud and photoshop. I get a message telling me photoshop is downloading but doesn't download at all. How can I fix this?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 18, 2015 Jun 18, 2015

Root User account is Super user account with superior privileges.  You can try launching CC app once.

You cannot create Root account , It is an built in user account , you can enable it and disable it as per your choice.

Step for enabling Root user account :

OS X Mavericks: Enable and disable the root user

(Applies for Yosemite as well)

xroot1.png.pagespeed.ic.mwwiLkUpTESzOoZWQO-i.png

enable-root-user-lion.jpg

How to log in as root

1. If you are logged in, choose Log Out from the Apple menu.
  2. If you are logging in from a list of usernames with pictures, click Other.
  3. In the Name fi

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 13, 2015 Jun 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you trying to download from Adobe website??

If yes , please install Adobe Creative Cloud application and then you can install Photoshop cc using same,

https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud

Reference :

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/download-install-app.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 14, 2015 Jun 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what I have bee trying unsuccessfully to do. I have spent hours installing and uninstalling bits and pieces but all I can get to is the app trying to install and initialise then failing. Not cool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In fact I'm so frustrated that I will probably cancel my subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post screenshot of error message?

Or  please mention exact error message you are getting ,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 15, 2015 Jun 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't give me an error message. The .dmg downloads and I can start the installation, which either just stops, or slows right down then almost completes. When it appears to almost complete there is an adobe creative cloud icon alias in Applications and what seems to be the full program in Utilities, but double clicking any of it  won't make CC run. I've tried clean uninstall and install, I've updated adobe applications manager to version 9, and i've tried installing in safe mode. Nothing works. I'm over it. I've wasted 2 days trying to install it. It does work on my iPad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 15, 2015 Jun 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So sorry to hear that .

We can try our level best to fix the issue .

As you said , clean uninstall , did you remove Adobe folders from both Library and All Adobe apps and folders from Applications and Utilities? ?

Did you tried providing full permissions to Adobe folder or did you tried with Root use account .

Let me know so that we can proceed further.

Also mention the version of Mac OS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 16, 2015 Jun 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Thanks for replying.

OS 10.10.3.

I used an app called Creative Cloud uninstaller and I uninstalled all CC folders in Utilities and Library,

I didn't remove CS4 or old versions of Adobe programs, only those related to Creative Cloud.

I verified my hard drive and repaired permissions.

I am not sure what giving full permissions to Adobe folder means or how to use the Root account.

Regards

Elizabeth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First we will try with providing full permissions , if that does not work, then we will enable root account and check.

Follow below steps :

Quit Adobe Creative Cloud application .

Step 1)

1) Right click on Finder icon and  select "Go-To" Folder option.

2) You will get a text box, please type-in exactly below command and then hit return.

/tmp

3)It will open tmp folder.
4)Delete all contents present inside tmp folder.

Step 2 :

2) You will get a text box, type-in below command and then hit 'Return' key.( Do not miss ~ symbol)

~/library

3)Then navigate to Application Support>Adobe

Right click on Adobe folder and select "GetInfo" option.

Expand the Sharing & Permissions section.

Click the lock icon in the lower-right corner. Enter your administrator user name and password when prompted, and then click OK.

Please click on '+' symbol , it will open list of user accounts. Add Currently logged in user name and Administrator option,

Then provide "Read & Write" permission to Currently logged in user name and Administrator option,.

Click the Gear icon, and select Apply to Enclosed Item. Close the Get Info dialog box.

Step 3:

2) You will get a text box, type-in below command and then hit 'Return' key.

/library

3)Then navigate to Application Support>Adobe

Right click on Adobe folder and select "GetInfo" option.

Expand the Sharing & Permissions section.

Click the lock icon in the lower-right corner. Enter your administrator user name and password when prompted, and then click OK.

Please click on '+' symbol , it will open list of user accounts. Add Currently logged in user name and Administrator option,

Then provide "Read & Write" permission to Currently logged in user name and Administrator option,.

Click the Gear icon, and select Apply to Enclosed Item. Close the Get Info dialog box.

Then launch Adobe Creative Cloud application and try to install Photoshop app again .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Thank you for the advice.

Unfortunately Creative Cloud still won't launch.

Regards

Elizabeth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the Creative Cloud icon appears on the menu bar and then disappears ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it appeared transiently then vanished. Except how I am getting this error message:Screen Shot 2015-06-16 at 11.33.55 pm.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

That got rid of the error message, but the creative cloud icon still only appears transiently in the menu bar then disappears. CC won't open, and I can't download any apps.

Elizabeth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please refer below link :

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1868839

Let me know if you face any issue,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2015 Jun 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done all that, but it hasn't altered the problem. CC won't open on my laptop. It's fine on my iPad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you tried launching from Root user account??

If yes,

In this case , you need to contact  Adobe Support , they can even remote access your computer and check with the issue.

If all steps failed, it will be necessary to check with log files .

Click on Still Need Help button and select Chat option.

Contact Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

Thank you for your advice. I'll contact Adobe in a couple of days. 

Is the root user account different from the admin account? I've altered the permissions in both libraries (hidden and overt) and played around with everything else using the admin account. I also used a VPN to access Adobe through San Franscisco (I live in Australia) but that didn't work either.

I won't have time to play with the computer in the next couple of days because of work.

Elizabeth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Root User account is Super user account with superior privileges.  You can try launching CC app once.

You cannot create Root account , It is an built in user account , you can enable it and disable it as per your choice.

Step for enabling Root user account :

OS X Mavericks: Enable and disable the root user

(Applies for Yosemite as well)

xroot1.png.pagespeed.ic.mwwiLkUpTESzOoZWQO-i.png

enable-root-user-lion.jpg

How to log in as root

1. If you are logged in, choose Log Out from the Apple menu.
  2. If you are logging in from a list of usernames with pictures, click Other.
  3. In the Name field, type: root
  4. In the Password field, type the password you defined when setting up the root user account.

images (2).jpg

Once you logged in to Root Account try to launch  Creative Cloud app and check.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 23, 2015 Jun 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I logged in as the root user and changed both the library permissions and now it is working perfectly! Thank you so much for your assistance and patience!

Elizabeth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 23, 2015 Jun 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am very happy to hear that , Elizabeth

You are always most welcome .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can follow same steps again , in the Directory Utility's Edit menu , you will find Disable Root option .

20131031-164059-e1383596612428.jpg

Elizabeth ,

If you wish you can also try to launch Creative Cloud app via Safeboot mode , it is very simple process:

https://support.apple.com/kb/PH18760?locale=en_US

safe-boot.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 22, 2015 Jun 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

I haven't had a chance to try out the latest suggestions but I should get a chance this evening 

Regards

Elizabeth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

this information is 5 years old.  I'm having the same exact issues loading photoshopped from my CC account.  Do you still recommend these instructions? I don't want to go through all of this only to find out it doesn't work any longer.  I can't believe in 5 years you haven't made this easier to work with.  I miss my legacy software.  HELP!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines