• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

windows 10 64 bit and Photoshop Elements 14?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2016 Jan 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased Photoshop elements today on Disc.  I have been unable to install it on my Windows 10 64 bit.  Keep getting the failed to initialize message.  Having done a search it would appear that Photoshop Elements 14 does not work with Windows 10 64 bit.  Is this correct?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 06, 2016 Jan 06, 2016

Keith , this is typical error when the installer is unable to start installation process. There are different reasons like :

1) Conflicting background process or Windows services.

2) Corrupt Application Manager and its associated folder/ files which is unable to process installation.

3) User account specific issues  may be permissions or sometimes security settings issue.

4)Media Database files corruption.

If the case has been escalated to senior level , I am pretty sure that the agent might have tri

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there separate discs for 32bit and 64bit versions?

You may also download the installer and use your serial number

Download & Install instructions https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2003339 may help

-includes a link to go to a page to download Adobe programs if you don't have a disc or drive

Also go to https://forums.adobe.com/community/creative_cloud/creative_cloud_faq

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the 64 bit version.  I have tried to download direct as well but just get the same error message.   Have tried using the cleaner which appears to do its job but still get the error message on installing.  Has anyone got this to work on Windows 10 64 bit?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 05, 2016 Jan 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Keithb72093032,

Photoshop Elements 14 should be compatible with Windows 10 64 bit: Tech specs | Adobe Photoshop Elements 14 for Mac, Windows, PC.

Have you tried the troubleshooting steps in this document? Troubleshoot installation | Adobe Photoshop Elements & Adobe Premiere Elements for Windows‌.

Best,

Del

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of it is working.  I am expecting a response from a supervisor as yesterdays 2 hour session failed to sort the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Keithb72093032,

Does this mean you were able to speak directly with a Customer Care representative and have an open ticket pending?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2016 Jan 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes but the end result after 2 hours of failure was that a more senior member would be in contact last night.  Of course they weren't.   Now been trying for 3 days to install this software which is needed to do my sons portfolio for university application by the end of this week..   Very disappointing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you getting error message like Installer Failed to Initialize?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes that is exactly the message I am getting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm very sorry to hear that. As a forum moderator, I unfortunately cannot see the status of your ticket. I know it is inconvenient, but I might recommend that you Contact Customer Care again via chat. Sometimes a different representative will have fresh ideas about troubleshooting.

Alternately, I can open a new support request for you, but there is no guaranteed turnaround time, which is problematic since you are on a deadline. I will send you details via a private message just in case you prefer to go that route.

–Del

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far I have had three different representatives, the last of whom stated they would escalate and I should expect the escalation reply by last night.   I am off work today so will try to contact by phone to see if I can get to the bottom of this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keith , this is typical error when the installer is unable to start installation process. There are different reasons like :

1) Conflicting background process or Windows services.

2) Corrupt Application Manager and its associated folder/ files which is unable to process installation.

3) User account specific issues  may be permissions or sometimes security settings issue.

4)Media Database files corruption.

If the case has been escalated to senior level , I am pretty sure that the agent might have tried with all basic troubleshooting steps.

1) This includes, manually ending Adobe and Windows setup related processes from Windows Task Manager.

2) Deleting Adobe Application Manager and OOBE folder from C> Program Files(x86) > Common Files >Adobe  and then Reinstalling and Updating Adobe Application Manager.

3) Selective Startup or trying with different / built in Hidden Admin account.

4) If you haven't installed any Adobe apps , you can try renaming Caps folder to Caps-old.

If the agent has performed all above steps, then it might be necessary to check with Error logs .

Also simply for confirmation once , try running System File Checker once .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for the help. It was reinstalling Application Manager that made the difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Splendid !   Glad to hear that the issue has been resolved.

You are always most welcome .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me know if you had missed any of the basic troubleshooting steps .

Reference for running System File checker command :

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/kb/929833

It will be Ideal to scan once , because there are alot of issue being noticed after upgrading from Windows 8.1 / 8 to Windows 10.

If its a fresh Windows 10 installation instead of traditional upgrade , thats ok. still it is ideal to run SFC Scan once.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines