• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Windows 1903 May Update

Participant ,
May 22, 2019 May 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. It seems that Creative Cloud is causing problems with the Windows 1903 update. The taskbar and search are frozen, when the Creative Cloud app is running, on two out of three computers that I updated. When I force close Creative Cloud, windows eventually restores to full functionality. Has anyone else experienced such behavior? Has anyone seen official acknowledgment of this issue?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 22, 2019 May 22, 2019

cbialk  wrote

I'd be curious to see if more reports pop up as people slowly upgrade their systems.

Yeah, me too.  I invite you to file your bug report at the official link below where the product engineers will see it.   And thanks for doing a thorough test.

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Aug 09, 2019 Aug 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything is checked Still no solutions.. Everything is re-installed etc. And Windows don´t respond to my messages anymore.. They dont know what to do, so now the let me hang ..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Re-install Windows 10.  Good luck!

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That STILL doesnt help The version was already in the system . Startet the windows up 4 moths ago.. And all of the sudden, an extra update killed photo programs that isnt windows own..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 27, 2019 May 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. I narrowed this down to Typekit/Adobe font syncing. I was syncing a lot of fonts. Once I disabled all fonts from syncing, the issues went away. There seems to be a direct relationship to how long Windows will freeze after the Creative Cloud app loads, to the number of fonts synced from Adobe. Again, I think there might be something here related to Window's new search and file indexing; now specifically regarding Adobe fonts synced from online.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 27, 2019 May 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. I narrowed this down to Typekit/Adobe font syncing.

Good catch there!

I have only ten fonts synced, but i did notice that it took a while for them to sync. Normally it´s fast. I just assumed that the servers was slow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 31, 2019 May 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a Windows 1903 KB4497935 patch out with the following fix. I'm curious if it helps with the slow font loading issue that creates Windows freezes in 1903. Not sure if this is relevant, but could be if related to CC's connection to the server from which Adobe is feeding fonts.

Addresses an issue that causes a delay when loading many unsigned Domain Name System (DNS) zones related to the Domain Name System Security Extensions (DNSSEC) feature.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4497935/windows-10-update-kb4497935

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2019 Jun 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same question about this KB4497935 patch. Has anyone tried it yet?

It's taking over 10 minutes for my PC to become usable after a reboot. But if I Disable Adobe Fonts in Creative Cloud preferences, my PC boots up as quickly as it ever did. Otherwise, I might as well open the Fonts Panel in the Creative Cloud app and wait until the fonts have loaded because I won't be able to use my PC until they do. Once they load, my PC is good to go until the next reboot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2019 Jul 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have updated to the Win 10 Pro Version 1903 OS Build 18362.207 and I am still having problems with this as well. As others have mentioned on this forum, I did a complete wipe of my computer and reinstall of windows 10 (twice actually) trying to figure out this problem before I figured out it's my Adobe CC installation that initiates the problem. Takes about 5 minutes to get through the initial lockup after a reboot but then it's okay. I am not okay with making my new computer take 5 minutes to boot up though. Any new information to fix this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2019 Jul 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Nancy OShea said, there is no point in posting here that you are also having the problem as "Comments posted in these user-to-user forums are not seen by engineers."

So if we want action, we need to file an official bug report. The more reports they get (hopefully) the more they'll care.

Here is the link to the form: Feature Request/Bug Report Form

On the first screen, I choose "Creative Cloud" which then took me here:

Creative Cloud Wishform (not product specific)

After filling out the basic information, I choose "Bug Report" and put the following:

Product Arena

Creative Cloud Desktop App

Operating System

Window

Product Statement

Application Start Locks Up Operating System

Steps to Reproduce the Problem

1. Install Windows 10 Version 1903

2. Launch the Creative Cloud desktop application (usually occurs automatically after system boot).

3. As application loads, the system begins to lock up. Any open applications begin to crash, the start button will cease to function, eventually, the only way to gain control of the system is to hard reboot.

Please see this community forum thread for details and affected users https://forums.adobe.com/message/11149712

Can we contact you regarding this feedback?

Yes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2019 Jun 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. I thought it was an issue with my install so I did a fresh install of Windows 10 and the problem started as soon as I installed the CC Desktop app. The only way I've been able to resolve the issue is by disabling the CC app in Taskbar > Startup, but every time I launch the CC app manually it freezes again. I've got a fair number of fonts synced but it never used to happen on older builds of Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 13, 2019 Jun 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, still having the issue with fonts loading and freezing windows on 1903. My work around for now is to simply minimize the Adobe fonts used in projects. A bit of a bummer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 17, 2019 Jun 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 I also have this issue with 1903 and adobe fonts. I will just wait through the 5 minute startup freeze for now and hope somebody fixes it soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2019 Jun 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 01, 2019 Jul 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! You're not the only. I'm facing the same issue since updating to Windows 10 1903. At first I thought it may be a faulty driver. I even went to the great lengths of resetting the entire PC, and reinstalling all my programs, including Adobe Software, which as we all know is a tedious process if we have not migrated our preferences. It surprised me this morning to find out that CC running at startup was the thing causing the issue.

Hope Adobe releases a fix soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2019 Jul 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is definitely caused by synced Adobe Fonts. Every time the PC restarts, Windows re-caches these fonts. If you open Task Manager immediately after restarting your PC (Ctrl-Shift-Esc) and view the details, you'll see a large amount of CPU usage. If you click the CPU column to arrange from most to least usage, you'll see that the Windows Font Cache Service is grinding away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 05, 2019 Jul 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been happening to me since I installed the 1903 update on my Surface Pro 4, and it was a clean install.  Granted, I have a lot of typefaces synced on Adobe Fonts (I mean hello unlimited lol), but this isn't happen in the previous major build of Windows, so I'd say both Adobe and Microsoft need to work together on fixing this pronto, because it been like this for nearly 2 months now...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2019 Jul 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Experiencing the same issue after updating to 1903.  

If you kill Adobe 'Core Sync (32 bit)' process it will unfreeze your start menu/search/taskbar and other unresponsiveness.  As soon as 'Core Sync' process auto-starts again (about 30 seconds) everything freezes back up.

And, within the CC Desktop Client the Fonts tab says "syncing".

After 4-6 minutes it will complete the font sync and start menu/search/taskbar operates normally.  I have 88 fonts active.  I went through and deactivated about 35 and didn't seem to help. 

I also tested this on a fresh Windows 10 install with 1903 and same issues.

I can live with a 4-6 minute wait for now on boot.  Or, if I become frustrated I'll roll back the update if there is not a timely update/fix.

Reported to Adobe Bug Report.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2019 Jul 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The temporary fix people have started agreeing on is to disable font services. This immediately fixes the freezing problem, but does cause occasional lg in Chrome (and probably some others), due to the font database being disabled and deleted. Well worth in my opinion though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 31, 2019 Jul 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you kill Adobe 'Core Sync (32 bit)' process it will unfreeze your start menu/search/taskbar and other unresponsiveness.  As soon as 'Core Sync' process auto-starts again (about 30 seconds) everything freezes back up.

Aha, that´s how i get my Windows Start menu to work if i have Photoshop open!

Before i killed Core Sync i could not even open the start menu when working in Photoshop. When i killed it the start menu popped up directly when i hit the Win-key. It worked until i closed Photoshop and launched it again since the process auto-starts. Do you have a link to the bug report you filed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2019 Jul 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For more than 2 months the initial problem has been reported and so far uncorrected.

Even reporting the bug, won't Adobe's engineering solve it? We are paying for defective software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2019 Aug 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, this week i did a fresh install of Windows 10 on my new SSD, and I've experienced the same issues. Start menu and search bar freezes for a period of time. I have to wait from 3 to 5 minutes until it works. It took me a week to find out it was the Criative Cloud app that was causing the problem. I have too many fonts synced, im gonna try to reduce them. But no answer from Adobe so far?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 10, 2019 Aug 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

leonardogalliez  wrote

But no answer from Adobe so far?

Look folks, this is NOT Adobe technical support.  This is a user-to-user forum with some occasional staff participation.  But most experts here are volunteers & fellow product users just like you.  So if you really want to get Adobe's ear, use the official bug reporting form. 

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

For all other issues, please Contact Customer Care​.  Log-in and click the chat bot icon.  Type AGENT followed by Enter key.

CC-chatbot-icon.jpg

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 11, 2019 Aug 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We all know that.. Read all the answers before u type...  [personal remarks removed by moderator.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 11, 2019 Aug 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First the answer wasn't directed to you.

Second Nancy's answer was specific to a sentence of the post it referred to.

And third: Not all know that!

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 12, 2019 Aug 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, i just got... pissed .. sorry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines