• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Windows 1903 May Update

Participant ,
May 22, 2019 May 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. It seems that Creative Cloud is causing problems with the Windows 1903 update. The taskbar and search are frozen, when the Creative Cloud app is running, on two out of three computers that I updated. When I force close Creative Cloud, windows eventually restores to full functionality. Has anyone else experienced such behavior? Has anyone seen official acknowledgment of this issue?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 22, 2019 May 22, 2019

cbialk  wrote

I'd be curious to see if more reports pop up as people slowly upgrade their systems.

Yeah, me too.  I invite you to file your bug report at the official link below where the product engineers will see it.   And thanks for doing a thorough test.

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 1903 update has some known problems.  And MS is rolling it out slowly to gather more user feedback.

All existing issues with Windows 10 version 1903 (May 2019 Update) - gHacks Tech News

If it's creating problems that you cannot live with, roll back to your previous build.

How to Roll Back Builds and Uninstall Updates on Windows 10

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Nancy. This issue, seems to be specifically related to the Creative Cloud app, which is why I posted here. My first guess is that it may have something to do with 1903's new search and file indexing. Specifically, I wonder if something in the Creative Cloud app is causing indexing problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm  just a product user, not a software engineer.  For what it's worth though, I have not seen any other complaints in these forums about Creative Cloud & Windows 1903 update.   Is your CC desktop app updated to the latest version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy, fair enough. Yes, we are running CC version 4.8.1.435. We have successfully reproduced the problem on 4 different machines before rolling them back -- ranging from laptops to full workstations (AMD/Intel, Nvidia/iGPU). I'd be curious to see if more reports pop up as people slowly upgrade their systems.

We've also tried creating new users on a few of these machines, and the problem still occurred. (something that has been helpful in previous upgrades)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cbialk  wrote

I'd be curious to see if more reports pop up as people slowly upgrade their systems.

Yeah, me too.  I invite you to file your bug report at the official link below where the product engineers will see it.   And thanks for doing a thorough test.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2019 Jul 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Nancy+OShea  wrote

cbialk   wrote

How would you like us to do that? By commenting on this thread or by filling out the Feature Request/Bug Report Form conveying the same information?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 02, 2019 Jul 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Always file an official bug report.  Comments posted in these user-to-user forums are not seen by engineers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2019 Jul 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it helps bump this issue up at all, I'm having the same exact issue after updating to 1903.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 10, 2019 Jul 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bumping isn’t going to get the engineer’s attention. Please report it. The more the better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 26, 2019 May 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happened to me when I did the update windows May 2019 affect creative cloud so it happens when windows starts but the start menu freeze I have to wait for up to 5 minutes since the operation is defrosted but when I close everything in creative cloud it always works normal there is only one fault in adobe creative cloud that is not compatible with the new windows May 2019 I hope missing adobe creative cloud update for version windows may 2019

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I run the 1903 update with CC apps without problems.

What i have noticed over the years is that upgrading any OS from version X to version Y can be the cause for some issues, in the OS itself and in third party apps. Doing a clean install solves those issues but i realize that it takes time though Win 10 installs fast from a USB stick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Averdahl,

Can you confirm that this update is still working for you after testing? Did you do a clean install or an upgrade from windows 1809? The reason I ask, is that you are the first person I have heard from that has had success.  Until your post, I have only heard of issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you confirm that this update is still working for you after testing? Did you do a clean install or an upgrade from windows 1809?

Yes, for me it works fine. When 1903 were released i upgraded my 1809 to 1903 and the only issue i had was when starting the computer or shutting down, i saw a mix of English and Swedish test such as "Welcome" and "Välkommen".

A couple of days later, yesterday, i did a clean install from a USB-stick created by Microsoft Creation Tool and that issue went away. But that issue had nothing to do with any Adobe app. Tell me what to test, how and in what application and i can try if i have that specific app installed.

No issues with the CC app or the Taskbar. CC app version 4.8.2.476

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Averdahl,

Thank you for confirming. Next week I will try a clean install and see if that helps any on my end. Glad to hear its working for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 06, 2019 Aug 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys..

I don´t know how or where to post. i too updated the version 1903.. It affected all my photo programs Lightroom and photoshop and view NX.. all colours is having a sepia tint to them.. NOT in photoshop camera raw and not under "develop" in lightroom.. But everywhere else Contacted windows, but they are so slow and cant give me the reason Anyone got colour issues because of the update ???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you update the drivers for your graphics card from the card manufacturer's webstie, not MS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

4 month old PC.. I reset the windows, but the update cant be romeved.. I reinstalled all adobe programs and view nx. My graphic driver is all uptodate too

Its a weird problem.. Im frustrated ´caus I lost several days of work because I only can edit correct colour in camera raw and develop in lightroom. Cant edit in photoshop because of the colours are with the sepia tint on

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I´ll try to explain more detailed here...

Photoshop.. Sepia tint in the program but not when i open the camera raw.

Lightroom. Sepia tint in images in Library.. But not in develop..

View nx. correct colours, but sepia tint when 1 image is shown in single view

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not an Adobe issue.  Instead it is a known Windows problem with color calibration.  See the workaround below.

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-fix-vertical-stripes-color-issue-affecting-displays-windows-10-ma...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know adobe didnt cause this.. But windows.. But they cant help me so hat to ask here Ill go look at your link.. See if it can help.. Have no isssue with stripes etc.. Only sepia tint :9 Thanks ! ill try to see if any of it can help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That didnt work...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Google has many more articles you can try.

Fix Display/Video/Graphics Problems after Windows 10 Update | Driver Talent

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 08, 2019 Aug 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of it works.. Cant find anyone with the same problem 😕 Only affects adobe and Nikons program - view nx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 09, 2019 Aug 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could be worth to check the monitor profile. Some problems are caused by invalid profiles.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines