• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drag ANd Drop From Files Panel No Longer Works Ia Latest Dreamweaver CC

Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Frustrating... I downloaded the latest release  (Dreamweaver CC) and I was hoping things would get a little better but alas, I can no longer Drag and Drop and image from the File Panel into a page.  I have to go to the menu, look for insert, pick image, then scroll to the image I want and click the mouse.  Painful especially when I have many images to drop!

To make things worse, I can't even drag files from Finder (iMac) onto a page...  I have over 100 images to attempt to put onto a page and now have to manually do the

INSERT > IMAGE > FIND THE IMAGE > Click!

Am I missing something?  Any advice appreciated!  Otherwise, back to the older version!  G-r-r-r-r-r-r

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The last version i am aware of in which the functionality you mention worked, was Dw 2015, unless they re-introduced it in a later update to Dw2017, of which i am not aware.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Drag and drop in code view doesn't work since DW CC 2017.

Could you let us know in which document view are you trying?

In Design view, drag and drop works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Inayal,

Are there any plans to restore file dragging in Code View?  When it worked, I used it all the time.  A sorely missed feature .

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy and Per,

We would further want to understand the request of drag and drop in Code view.

Isn't it easy to simply put cursor in code view and click on element to insert, which is more precise operation rather than dragging and dropping.

Your inputs will help us understanding scenarios in better way.

~Lalita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In older versions of DW, I could drag a JavaScript file  from Files panel and drop it into the <head> or <body> of a document in 1 step.   That's no longer possible.

Now, I must use 4 steps.  Go to Insert > HTML > scroll down a long list to Script.  Then select the folder and filename, Hit OK. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yep I agree with you...

you can also type script, then src and all the JS files are under mouse too...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

osgood_  wrote

If you want an editor which can do this in html files then Web Storm by Jet Brains does have a drag and drop image from its file tree. Its not perfect as it also brings along the height and width size as well which is not desirable in this day and age of responsive design but seriously how difficult can it be to write an option in teh preferences where sizes can be excluded.

Page Spinner is looking good every time I try one of these half-assed attempts at being a web editor.

NetBeans is a good example: it supports dragging and dropping html, css, js, and image files in the html code, and inserts the correct statements. Img tags without width and height attributes

lnayal  wrote

Hi Nancy and Per,

We would further want to understand the request of drag and drop in Code view.

Isn't it easy to simply put cursor in code view and click on element to insert, which is more precise operation rather than dragging and dropping.

Your inputs will help us understanding scenarios in better way.

~Lalita

Sorry, but if you have to ask why this fundamental option needs further explanation, then I am afraid you might need a bit more front-end coding experience yourself. In Netbeans dragging and dropping an image even inserts a new line, and indents that line properly according to the surrounding html code. Much faster and more efficient than first creating a new line, placing the cursor correctly, then clicking an element to insert, and changing the properties/adding the correct parameters, etcetera. Really now? Typing would be faster.

I don't think it requires more explanation than that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2022 Jan 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree, this response is clearly not qualifying as competant support.  Adobe has become to large and unresponsive to customers. Total disaster with Loss of Fireworks access and now Drag and Drop on DW.

Time for a new company to disrupt this behemoth getting more cumbersome and non responsive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 29, 2022 Jan 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@drkoolcat,

You resurrected a 5 year old topic with irrelevant remarks.  FW was discontinued 10 years ago!  DW is only minimally maintained now and was NEVER a drag & drop site builder.  It's a code editor.

If you want a drag & drop, use WordPress with Elementor plugin.  Or use an online site building service.

Due to its age, this discussion is now locked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Consider this situation, where I want to insert an image between the two top images.

dw-insert-image-1.png

Previously (before Brackets was used for code view), I would create a new line in the code, and drag the image from the Files panel into Code view, resulting in this:

dw-insert-image-2.png

Dragging the image into Design view gives me two options for positioning the image, none of them do what I want.

The image either ends up inside the p tag for the caption for the previous image ...

dw-insert-image-3.png

... or inside the a tag of the next image.

dw-insert-image-4.png

To achieve what I want, I now have to use Insert > Image, which is inconvenient and time consuming, compared to drag&drop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not advocating anything, right or wrong, bad or good... but as you have code view opened... did you try, typing back return where you want to place the image, in the way of creating a new space... then type <script src... and as soon as you will hit enter a popup will help you to browse the appropriate image

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I miss this feature too, and reported it in the prerelease forum a year ago, and the status for this bug is Closed.

So what does Closed mean? That there are no plans to fix it?

Adobe Prerelease

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Per+Berntsen  wrote

It was promised that they would restore this feature during the alpha pre-release 18 months ago, but as it is not possible to do this in Brackets i doubt it will ever happen.

Dw is developing for an unknow type of user, (at least to me). I do get the impression that it is becomming a program for learning, (or teaching) a number of the basics of web development, as those are the only users everything makes any sense for, but that would be stupid if it was.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pziecina  wrote

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Per+Berntsen   wrote

It was promised that they would restore this feature during the alpha pre-release 18 months ago, but as it is not possible to do this in Brackets i doubt it will ever happen.

Dw is developing for an unknow type of user, (at least to me). I do get the impression that it is becomming a program for learning a number of the basics of web development, as that is the only user everything makes any sense for, but that would be stupid if it was.

Shocking really, especially for a paid for editor, truely shocking. DW seems to be trying to emulate Sublime, Atom, VS Code and Brackets all of which have no drag and drop image facility from the file tree, WOW! I'm truely left trying to find words.

Bring on Coda and Textmate, the defunct Taco editor ALL have had a drag and drop image facilty since year dot. Seriously I have no idea where web devlopement is heading these days, we have editors not capable of the simplest of required and expected features and web-developers using the terminal or command line to bring in so many dependancies to put together a simple website, its just not real anymore.

If you want an editor which can do this in html files then Web Storm by Jet Brains does have a drag and drop image from its file tree. Its not perfect as it also brings along the height and width size as well which is not desirable in this day and age of responsive design but seriously how difficult can it be to write an option in teh preferences where sizes can be excluded.

Page Spinner is looking good every time I try one of these half-assed attempts at being a web editor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again I am going to have to retro grade to 2015 DWeave. 

I need to be able to use this editor fast.  Simply put the drag and drop feature is something that made dweave usable over brackets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2018 Jan 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just close and reopen the file in question.
BTY,  I also had the same problem in DW 2015.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines