• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver 20.2 slow typing performance

Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since updating to 20.2 on Windows 10, typing has slowed down - it feels like it takes about 1 second for Dreamweaver to catch up.

This issue does not affect any other application.

The delay reduces productivity - can it please be resolved a.s.a.p.

Thanks

Alfred Low

TOPICS
Interface , Performance , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Hi 

We are investigating this issue at our end, meanwhile as a workaround can you perform below steps and see if the issue is resolved.

1. close DW
  2. Go to Registry key press win +R -> type regedit
  3. go to \HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Dreamweaver 2020\tTemp File List\
  4. delete theTemp File List folder and restart Dreamweaver (before deleting the folder first take backup of the folder, right click on it and select export)

Thanks

Dreamweaver Team

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Hi Folks,

We have addressed the slow typing issue in code view on win, in our latest DW21.0 build 21.0.0.15392 which can be downloaded from Creative cloud.

Please update the Dreamweaver version to 21.0 and see if the issue is resolved for you.

Thanks

Dreamweaver Team

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There seem to be quite a few complaining about performance of this version, the Dreamweaver developers are aware of it.  Here are two things I find can affect performance:

Make sure you don't have a large number of staged files in the GIT panel, can happen if you copy a framework or large number of files to your project folder. I have found this can really affect perfomance, try doing a commit if this is the case.

Disable site cache in site settings > advanced settings > local info and uncheck enable cache. If you have a large project/a lot of files it can make a significant difference.... You might also want to try disabling live linting, go to edit > preferences > linting and check the box for disable 'on edit linting'

disable_site_cache.png

disable_live_linting.png

Paul-M - Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestions Paul.

The suggested changes have helped but I still notice intermittent slow performance despite them.

I hope the Dreamweaver developers resolve the issue soon.

However, it seems that they don't have a good handle on the issue because, from searching this forum, this seems to be a recurrent issue in several versions 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd roll back to the previous version for now and turn off auto update in the creative cloud app ..... Enough people have raised an issue with v20.2 performance for it to be valid, so hopefully it will get resolved sooner rather than later ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doing a commit on my GIT repository fixed this for me. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I made Adobe aware of this a looooong time ago, large numbers of staged files and using site cache on big sites are two of the biggest culprits for slow perfomance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Could you please share steps to reproduce the issue.

Is the issue happening for a specific file type. It would be helpful if you could share a file with us where the issue is reproducible.

Thanks

Dreamweaver Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kratika

Steps to reproduce:

1. Install Dreamweaver 20.2 via Adobe CC update.
  2. Open HTML file (Site configuration: Caching On. Linting On.
  3. Struggle to edit HTML.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you please let us know if disabling Linting fixes your issue.

Are you using a Hidpi machine?

Also it would be helpful if you could share a file where the issue is reproducible.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kratika

Disabling Linting does not resolve the issue.

I am not using a HiDPI machine. Below are the specs of my PC.

Attached is one HTML file that I've exprienced the issue with, but the issue happens with all CSS, SCSS, JS and XML files I worked with whilst on Dreamweaver Version 20.2.

I've since reverted to Version 20.1 and no longer experience any lag.

alflow_0-1594170040609.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alfow,

We are sorry that you are facing issues with using Dreamweaver 20.2. However we are unable to recreate the issue internally.

We are trying our best to investigate the issue. Could you please share the snapshot of Task Manager status when you are typing code in Dreamweaver.

Thanks for your patience!

Regards

Dreamweaver Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Kratika,

Without wanting to get into a polemic, it might be necessary to take the time, sit down for a few minutes and think about the following text.

Some time ago, in fact since the cc 2017 release, I regularly post (hereon this forum, but also on the prerelease forum) about the performance issue that increase from version to version, as well as the untimely increase of the necessary resource consumption.

Each time it's the same questions coming from the Adobe staff... Which environment, which steps to reproduce these latencies, how many files, which file types, send logs... etc....

And in the end, the conclusion is always the same... "We cannot reproduce this problem internally".

But over time, these kinds of posts lamenting performance (or resource) problems seem to increase, while at the same time the number of Dreamweaver users seems to be drastically reduced (just look at the low attendance of this forum compared to what it used to be).

The questions which it would then be important to answer, and above all to position oneself are:

- Do you (@Adobe) use Dreamweaver internally in a real production situation, or only on basic demo sites containing at most a dozen of files?

- Do you use Dreamweaver internally with a configuration of several high volume sites, and not just 2 or 3 low capacity sites?

- Have you configured Dreamweaver internally to work alternately on various sites such as CMS, Wordpress not to mention it, but not only ?

- Internally, have you configured Dreamweaver to work alternately on various AMP stacks running PHP 7.3+ and AMP stack running PHP 5.2?

In short, do you push Dreamweaver in a use close to the needs of a real agency, thus forcing the tool to work, not towards its own limits, but in a tense environment and configuration?

Perhaps then, your answer would be: "Indeed we manage to reproduce this loss of performance and this strong increase in resources, and we can really work on it to improve DW uses".

please, could some @Adobe folks take up these remarks and deal with them, in order to get back on the table, with real means to focus on these concerns of performance, stability and disproportionate consumption of resources

thanks for your attention and have a pleasant day

Birnou

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 09, 2020 Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well Said!!!

More annoying is that Kratika accepts his/her own answer making it look like the issue issue is resolved.
On my post, with the same latency issues, I kept un-accepting the answer that Kratika had forced, until Kratika locked the thread with their accepted answer.... All round bad show I think.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kratika

If I have time tomorrow (before I go on leave for 1 leave), I will install DW20.2 (I had reverted to 20.1) and try to replicate and take the screenshot of Task Manager.

If I can recreate the issue and have time for it, I am happy to do the Bluejeans meeting (I am assuming Bluejeans is Adobe's internal webmeeting software which will pass through my corporate firewall).

For the record, the slow keyboard issue happened when I worked on a static website with 297 files (27MB), with cache and Linting disabled.

Regards

Alfred Low

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I implememted this fix and it does not fix the issue. Ever since a recent update the typing speed has been aprroximately 6 seconds behind realtime. How frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleting the (Registry) Temp File List in Dreamweaver 2020 has fixed it for me.

We are investigating this issue at our end, meanwhile as a workaround can you perform below steps and see if the issue is resolved.

1. close DW
  3. go to \HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Dreamweaver 2020\Temp File List\
  4. delete theTemp File List folder and restart Dreamweaver (before deleting the folder first take backup of the folder, right click on it and select export)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

had the exact same issue. I downgraded to 20.1 and the issue is mostly gone. 20.2 is garbage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here... Just downgraded to 20.1 and all is back to normal.

On my side I noticed the slow typing was mainly in CSS files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 11, 2020 Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Certain amount of Japanese users in this community were also complaining about the performance issue in code view after updating to 20.2. They seems to be able to fix their issue after re-installing 20.1 and then updating to 20.2 again. I assume there might be some issue with the updating....

Let's try to reinstall Dw!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

1. close DW
  3. go to \HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Dreamweaver 2020\tTemp File List\
  4. delete theTemp File List folder and restart Dreamweaver (before deleting the folder first take backup of the folder, right click on it and select export)

Thanks

Dreamweaver Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is unacceptable. An unresponsive program is useless and a time-waster. Not what users expect - especially for a paid subscription product. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleting the Temp File List Folder, seems to have done the trick for me, I'll keep an eye on it and see if it comes back over the next few days.

Thank you

Scott

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to delete the Temp File List folder every morning.

I guess Adobe is not interested in fixing the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, same here!

It's a poor show from Adobe. Roll out the same non-fix and close threads. Sort it out Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This registry fix seems to solve the problem for me, so thankyou for that. However, considering the folder is only 3Mb in size that's a lot of grief a small file is causing. This issue for me has only occurred since this latest update, so what has Adobe changed in the code, since 20.1, to make such a dramatic difference to productivity. I agree with a lot of the posts here. We pay a lot of money to use this product, so expect it to work, if not flawlessly (I've worked in IT long enough to know that no software is flawless), at least efficiently all the time.

If it helps my machine specs are as follows:

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6Ghz

32Gb RAM

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E Motherboard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines