• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver CC 2017 process "node" high CPU usage

New Here ,
Nov 28, 2016 Nov 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed Dreamweaver CC 2017 on a Macbook Pro (i7, 16 GB RAM) and the process "node", which seems to be connected to Dreamwaver shows a 100 to 120% CPU usage all the time and my fan is running at high spped all the time. Has anyone a suggestion how this can be fixed? Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Thanks Jon Fritz II that is an answer - though not ideal, it would solve the problem.

I think I have found an answer that works in the current version!

I switched off "Enable Auto Compilation On File Save" in the "CSS Preprocessors" section of the Site Management screen for the current site I'm working on - and it worked!!

Screen Shot 2018-02-02 at 11.30.21 am.png

When I switch it on, node goes to above 150% and when I switch it off the Dreamweaver node process(es) go to 0%.

I hope others have the same success.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 148 Replies 148
Explorer ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More accurately, Adobe technical support is absolutely useless.

Aside from this issue, my other biggest annoyances are a) the Files panel, where you twirl open a folder and nothing happens, so you have to click it again twice to make it actually expand and show the contents, and b) the fact it triggers the dGPU to be active even if you're just using the code editor and files panel, which is 99% of my use of Dreamweaver. If they fixed either of those things, I'll call this version a win.

Not much new in the features department otherwise... not much love for DW this year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michele,

We are sorry that you are facing issues.

Though we are trying to recreate the issue at our end, we would be connecting with you to investigate the issue as per our discussion on prerelease forum.

Thanks for your patience.

Thanks

Dreamweaver Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok but I think you have all the informations to investigate about the issue, is not necessary to have a meeting with me to fix it.

1) buy a new macbook (so you can replace your old  assembled pc with windows xp);

2) clean installation of Creative Cloud on MacOS (10.13 or 10.14);

3) install Node.js (optional, do it only if you want copy my workstation);

4) open Dreamweaver (doing nothing);

5) wait a few minutes and see the process "node" on "Activity Monitor".

That's all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just curious..

if we follow point 1... so it's a brand new machine isn't it ?

so why in point 2 we need to clean the Creative CLoud installation ?... on a new mac, CC is not present...

then in point 3 we install Node.js... but as in point 4 you launch DW... when do you install DW ? ...

before of after installing Node.js... because DW install Node.js by default .

I mus admit that I'm curious...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They meant "DO a new (clean) installation of CC" meaning a fresh start. Not clean an existing CC installation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry my english is not perfect so maybe I wasn't clear.

For "clean installation" I mean "new installation".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so I repeat the same things in a basic-basic-basic English:

---------

Open Dreamweaver (2018 or 2019) on a MacOS (10.13, 10.14) and see the process "node" on "Activity Monitor"

---------

Now is it clear for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but despite my initial question, I understood that it was a question of seeing an abnormal consumption of the Node process under MacOS 10.13 and 10.14

in fact if the abnormal consumption of processes was limited to Node, it would certainly be a lesser evil... under Windows... it is directly the heart of Dreamweaver that gets carried away and makes the application completely unusable

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Though we are trying to recreate the issue" That is what they told me over a year ago when I reported the issue. They said they were unable to do it.

This is what they said Jun 28, 2017

"Thank you for inputs. We are working on fixing this issue, I will update this thread whenever we fix it."

Then in Jul 14, 2017

"We are investigating this issue at our end, we will update this thread once we have a fix in place."

Then in Aug 31, 2017

"Thank you for providing your insights in helping the team investigate this issue. The team has identified the underlying causes, but the fix itself will require some time, and is unlikely to make its way to the next update."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing this informations, I think very common with other bugs reported over the years to the DW Indian office of Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, you might as well scream into a pillow for all the good reporting bugs to Adobe does.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 26, 2018 Oct 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Adobe has fixed this issue on MacOS.

-----------

Steps:

Execute the below commands in the terminal with admin privileges:

* cd “/Applications/Adobe Dreamweaver CC 2019/Adobe Dreamweaver CC 2019.app/Contents/Resources/node-core/”

* sudo npm install fsevents

-----------

... Adobe still works on Dreamweaver (I had lost all hope), really good news!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 14, 2018 Nov 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I just ended a 'chat' with Adobe and it was 'escalated' and no answer.

I did everything on this thread and I still have node spinning at 130+%

Mac os x Mojave 10.14.1 5k iMac and macbook pro (2017)  I had both the 2018 and 2019 versions of Dreamweaver causing the same thing. 2019 had a few other bugs, like the top menu bar being cut off and no preview window option when clicking on the bottom right icon. Have to go to file/ preview-live site to see it in a browser. 'live" inside of dreamweaver doesn't work at all. I can't scroll, or anything. It's useless.

I guess I can report back if I get an answer, but we will see. The "correct answer' is most certainly NOT a correct answer if it didn't fix the issue. I have no idea how it can be 'correct' when it isn't...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did a bug report 2 years ago and was messaged that the issue has finally been addressed. I haven't tried it, but the link is here:

Adobe Prerelease

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

barbar,

Thanks much for your effort in this regard.

I have Dw 2019 now, and no more problem, at least so far!

It really bothers me that Adobe's people seem to go out of their way to dodge issues such as this. Why they don't make more effort to replicate a problem such as this can only be that they don't want to expend the resources. That despite their huge revenues as stated in their press release about it:

Adobe Reports Record Revenue

Digital Experience Subscription Revenue Grows 25 Percent Year-Over-Year in Q3

Adobe achieved record quarterly revenue of $2.29 billion in its third quarter of fiscal year 2018, which represents 24 percent

year-over-year revenue growth.

Alas, their motive is more for profits than for resolving the complaints of subscribers. They have, effectively, a monopoly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 05, 2019 Feb 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We are happy to inform you that we have addressed this bug in our latest 19.0.1 release, which can be downloaded from Creative cloud.

Please give it a try and let us know if your issue is resolved.
Looking forward for your feedback!

Thanks
Kratika
Dreamweaver Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 13, 2019 Mar 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's back with the latest update, and a whole new array of issues too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2019 Oct 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems to be still impacting my Dreamweaver 19.2.1 on Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same NODE issue, 100% cpu usage and I do not have dreamweaver installed!

Just running high Sierra , latest Adobe CC with PS, AE, ILL, Premiere. That's it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a solution that solved the problem of a high processor loading for my laptop with Windows 7 DW 20 - it turned out to be simple -> you need to create an account and/or sign-in
Help -> Sign-in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For Windows 7 users who can't update to the latest version (because it requires Windows 10), and who want to leave the option of auto-compile ENABLED.  Creatae a .bat file which runs:
tskill node
tskill ruby

Since this only seems to happen when I copy a large number of files into the project directory (after setting it up), Ruby/Node spawn 200+ tasks and that starts pushing the CPU to 100%, so the .bat file kills those processes and everything goes back to normal. Auto-compile still works on subsequent changes to SASS/SCSS files so this worked for me, although it's a pain to have to watch my CPU usage and kill those tasks when working on larger projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using GIT?

Paul-M - Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2023 Mar 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines