• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver

New Here ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. I have an idea for a business and would need to build my own website. I just want to know.. would dreamweaver enable me to build a website where users can create their own accounts and upload videos etc for other website users to see?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not really, Dreamweaver is just a basic editor. Unless you know how to code you will be better off sourcing a more advanced bit of software which does have more sophisticated options for amatuers.

Try Wappler editor. Id recommend that for those who arent serious developers, more the 'l have an idea, get rich quick types'. When that idea fails they will just move onto the job which pays the most, almost certainly nothing to do with web development as they have no saleable skills unless they are a sales person and can source their own work.

Wordpress also l believe has numerous plugins that will most likely do what you require.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BenPleysier_2-1589925849847.png

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is nothing uniformed about my opinions. You and a very small group of others are in denial or posssibly don't care because if or when it all fails for them they will try their hand at something else and something else. They are nomads, latching on to whatever provides an opportunity, rather than those that have the conviction to achieve what they are truely interested in. If you are so confident of your opinions then link to a jobs board which specifically requires all these Wappler developers. No thought not, case closed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mean you want to build another "YouTube" video sharing site?

Dreamweaver is a very good coding and site management tool.  But nothing in Dreamweaver will do this for you  automagically.  

Look at WordPress and premium video-sharing themes.

https://webdesign.tutsplus.com/articles/best-video-sharing-wordpress-themes--cms-30605

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

would dreamweaver enable me to build a website where users can create their own accounts and upload videos etc

This is akin to saying would a scalpel enable me to perform an operation?

The short answer is 'Yes'.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You would need sound knowledge of HTML, CSS, JS and a sever language like PHP. a good grasp of least  one of the popular JS frameworks would be helpful too.  If it's a no to these, then you need to look at some other solutions, Webflow seems to be popular these days and would do a lot of the work for you without extensive coding knowledge.

Paul-M - Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines