Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DW 21.3 - painfully slow retrieve and update a file

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2024 Mar 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good afternoon all,

The processs of retrieving files from my server, to be put back up again after editing a file within Dreamweaver 21.3 is painfully slow and laggy, often getting the "not responding" displayed in the header over the top of the application nav menus.

I've had my IT team look at the my server to test the configuration, to see any issues. They were able to put a 1 gig file on my server with ease and rule the server being an issue.

I then downloaded Filezilla and with the same FTP connection details I was able to retrieve, upload and edit files without an issue.

Digging around on the internet brought me to: => https://community.adobe.com/t5/dreamweaver-discussions/dreamweaver-cc-2020-running-super-slow/td-p/1...

Following the guidance I deleted "Temp File List" within Dreamweaver folder. And the issue still persists.

Other than maybe rolling back to another version of Dreamweaver I'm stuck at finding a solution.

If anyone can offer any suggestions please do.

Thanks,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Filezilla is a perfectly viable solution if DW won't work.

I don't expect it to be around all that much longer. It's been 4 years since it was put into Minimum Maintenance by Adobe.

Something to try in your FTP settings under Site > Manage Sites > Click your site > Edit > Servers > click your remote server > Edit  > More Options is toggling Use Passive FTP and FTP Performance Optimization...

JonFritz_0-1711565161570.png

Something else to check is to see if your server would rather DW uses the FTP's IP address vs the domain ftp address or vise versa.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you're using file Check-in/Out, I suppose that could delay things a little.  But it shouldn't be painfully slow.

https://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/using/checking-checking-out-files.html

There are More Options in DW's Site Setup panel that may improve your performance.  See screenshot.

CC-MoreOptions.jpg

That said, FileZilla is a superior S/FTP client.  I use it alongside Dreamweaver and whenever I'm moving large amounts of media files.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines