• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Echtzeit Vorschau für Handys

Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2024 Feb 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo, ich weiss, dass es diese Vorschau mit dem QR Code nicht mehr gibt, aber wie kann ich meine Seite nun über Dreamwaever testen, ohne immer alles bereitstellen zu müssen?

Beste Grüsse

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When that feature was deprecated the only remaining ways to preview your site were the following: https://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/using/previewing-pages.html . For the most part testing on phones should be able to be done in your browser via the device preview, but it's always recommended to test in some live devices or use apps like Simulator on a Mac to preview on an iPad/iPhone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The best way I can think of to test your site across multiple devices, is to:

1. Install a local testing server like the free XAMPP.
2. You then place your site's root folder within the XAMPP installation's htdocs folder.
3. From there you run XAMPP as Administrator
4. Start the Apache service
5. Open a command prompt and type in "ipconfig" and hit Enter (no quotes) to obtain your Local IP Address
6. On any device connected to your local network, enter your machine's local IP address followed by the site root folder name (ex: 123.4.5.6/MySite).

From there on out, any change you make that's saved in the site will only require a refresh of the browser for the devices connected to your local network to see it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much! That helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2024 Feb 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jon, I have still a question. It is working, but I am not shure how to set up Dreamweaver. Should I work eith the testing server? Or on my local files? Greetings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To specify my issue:

I have a site on my computer. I have the same site on the web. Now I want to work on the site, see the changes and when I am done, I want to update the site on the web.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All you need to do in DW is define the local root folder for your site that is inside your htdocs folder. You then define the Remote server with your FTP info as usual. There's no need to set up a testing server within DW's settings because the local root folder is already "on the testing server" by being saved in XAMPP installation's htdocs folder.

Work directly on those local files, then upload via FTP as usual.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2024 Feb 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

See screenshots for defining a local testing server:

Site > New Site...

CC-testingServer1.jpgCC-testingServer2.jpgCC-testingServer3.jpgCC-testingServer4.jpgCC-testingServer-final.jpg

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines