• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Edits to website not showing up online

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2024 Mar 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently took over one of my company's website from another user. The website files are stored in our shared file service. I'm able to open them, make changes to the code, etc.; however, the changes won't show up on the actual website. But whenever you go back into the code, it shows my changes there. The only thing I've found in my research is that we may need to add a server for the website. 

Any ideas on what the issue might be would be helpful!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 25, 2024 Mar 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem might not be isolated to Dreamweaver. If changes are made and don't show up immediately it could be a caching issue.

When you say they are stored in a shared service, are you meaning like a web server, or are you saying a service like Dropbox? If the latter, how are you publishing them to the web? Are you using FTP? Is there another service involved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 26, 2024 Mar 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With DW, you work locally, then upload to a remote server to make changes to your public-facing website.

It sounds like you're making changes to the local files (on your file server) but aren't uploading them to your actual web domain...

If DW is set up correctly, you should be able to click the Put button (up arrow icon in the Files window of DW) to upload to your site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 26, 2024 Mar 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Important question:  Is this an Internet (world wide website) or Intranet (closed network for employees only)?

If the former, you must use an FTP client like FileZilla or Dreamweaver to upload files to the public facing web server for that domain (https://example.com).  

If the latter, work with your organization's IT dept. They control the network.

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines