Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Locked] Dreamweaver-What exactly am I buying

Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi:

I am using Dreamweaver 6 and I am considering buying the latest CC version. Well, renting it I guess.

I don't own ANY subscription applications, because I don't agree with this model.

Now, having said that I am considering DW CC whatever......

What do I get for my $240 a year?

yeah, I see

• Includes: 100GB of cloud storage, Adobe Portfolio, Adobe Fonts, and Adobe Spark with premium features

Do I get to download an application or am I stuck using an online version?

Depending on the answer above, do I have to store my files in the cloud, or can I store my files locally?

What is Adobe Portfolio, Adobe Spark, and where can I learn about the fonts?

To be honest, not really an Adobe fan, because finding anything on your site always seems to be a nightmare.

Frankly, I don't even expect an answer to these questions......

Great way to start, eh?

Thank you

Rich

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

#1 Creative Cloud is NOT cloud-based software.  CC desktop apps install on your OS just the same as before.

See system requirements.  Adobe Creative Cloud system requirements

#2 Work files are under your control.  You may store them wherever you wish.  The optional Cloud Stroage is useful when synchronizing with other devices or collaborating with people but it's not required that you use it.

#3 IMO, Creative Suite 6 is not better than CC (it's 9 versions behind).  But if you find you need it for

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 113 Replies 113
Engaged ,
Dec 21, 2018 Dec 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ALsp  wrote

Northeast. About halfway between Cleveland and Akron.

Drove through that area many times in the 80s and 90s going from Canada to I75, lived in Columbus for some time as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using DW6 on Mojave right now?

Was trying to find someone who can confirm it works on Mojave...

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Richard+Lefko  wrote

Are you using DW6 on Mojave right now?

Was trying to find someone who can confirm it works on Mojave...

Thank you

No I haven't downloaded Mojave yet because I am doing mission critical stuff and don't want to change the OS now. What  you could do if you have a virtual machine is down load Mojave and then try running CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, will be trying Mojave sometime before year's end....

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure whether you posted on our forum or not, but I just created this topic:

http://www.pviiforums.com/topic.php?id=22807&replies=1#post-47874

Check it once or twice a day to see if anyone responds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have AL..I am Weatherguy....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gotcha.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Dec 14, 2018 Dec 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I may try and install DW 6 on that AIR, then upgrade, see if it all works. (Hope I can find the disks)

If you can't finds your installer disks, you can also direct download an installer from the link below, then use your DW serial number. Download Adobe Creative Suite 6 applications

Maybe you already did, but it might also serve to help someone else in the future with the same situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

I discovered that link while working through this issue.

Rich

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish the fellow that asked had replied back that it worked.

I guess it did, otherwise he probably would have sent a negative e-mail.

Who knows?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Richard,

Post this issue on our forums. You'll get a lot less tangents to wade through and we can point you to more solutions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

#1 Creative Cloud is NOT cloud-based software.  CC desktop apps install on your OS just the same as before.

See system requirements.  Adobe Creative Cloud system requirements

#2 Work files are under your control.  You may store them wherever you wish.  The optional Cloud Stroage is useful when synchronizing with other devices or collaborating with people but it's not required that you use it.

#3 IMO, Creative Suite 6 is not better than CC (it's 9 versions behind).  But if you find you need it for a particular project, you have access to it from your  Creative Cloud Desktop app.    I have 3 versions of DW installed on my machine.  But I work with only 1 version at a time.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Nancy. I appreciate your thoughts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I truly appreciate the varying opinions and answers to my question.

I am not a "coder" so the coding tools would not help me much at all.

Maybe someday.

This would all be very simple if Adobe did not switch to a subscription service. I think that is my biggest hangup.

If I could just buy the latest version, I probably would.

The websites I have developed were for myself, friends, and family, so I guess one could argue the Dreamweaver, in any version, is probably more power than I need. But I have plug ins I have invested in over the years and this application (DW6) is "comfortable" for me. Yes, I understand that it isn't Adobe's fault that Apple is changing its OS, but I do fault Adobe for leaving some of us behind by moving to their current menu of pricing.

I realize they are here to make money, on high end folks who develop for a living, and I am not the focus of that business model, so the heck with me. Probably why applications like Rapidweaver continue to flourish.

Al, I will post this on your forms as well for opinions there.

Again, that you all for replying. This has been very interesting and enlightening.

Rich

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Al, I will post this on your forms as well for opinions there.

Sorry for all the noise around these parts. We serve iced cold spring water on our forum - always in full glasses 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ALsp  a écrit

We serve iced cold spring water on our forum - always in full glasses 🙂

it's to your credit,

what a great commercial gesture

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I rarely speak on this forum, just read it regularly, but there are things that make me sick:

- First, I'm not an Adobe employee and I do not earn anything to write the following.

- First, it's a dislocation site on Adobe's Dreamweaver software and not a site where you sell products, it's not ok to do that. If you want to sell its extensions, there is an Adobe site for all of its products, but not on the forum. if it were up to me, these posts would be deleted by the moderators.

- then advertising for products that do not work is useless and clutters the thread unnecessarily.

- That some practice only by the code and other than by the visual, do not bother me, on the conditions to remember that DW allows 2 and that since at least 1999, date of my discovery of this software. Personally, I practice both.

- we have problems with the operation of the current version, is not new, personally, I reported many times crasch following the new system of F & R, but this is not a reason for virtually insult the developers. They have a hierarchy and must follow orders received.

- questioning tools that exist and have been developed for many years and have been incorporated in DW, is useless. Nobody forces you to use them.

If you do not like using Dw, there are many other free or paid

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mbk28  wrote

I rarely speak on this forum, just read it regularly, but there are things that make me sick:

- First, I'm not an Adobe employee and I do not earn anything to write the following.

- First, it's a dislocation site on Adobe's Dreamweaver software and not a site where you sell products, it's not ok to do that. If you want to sell its extensions, there is an Adobe site for all of its products, but not on the forum. if it were up to me, these posts would be deleted by the moderators.

- then advertising for products that do not work is useless and clutters the thread unnecessarily.

- That some practice only by the code and other than by the visual, do not bother me, on the conditions to remember that DW allows 2 and that since at least 1999, date of my discovery of this software. Personally, I practice both.

- we have problems with the operation of the current version, is not new, personally, I reported many times crasch following the new system of F & R, but this is not a reason for virtually insult the developers. They have a hierarchy and must follow orders received.

- questioning tools that exist and have been developed for many years and have been incorporated in DW, is useless. Nobody forces you to use them.

If you do not like using Dw, there are many other free or paid

I don't work for P7 and I am not selling software. So what is the wrong in saying that it is a good product that greatly enhances the value of DW? Frankly if it were not for P7 I probably wouldn't be using DW.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So let me get this straight, you decided to read my post and then spend the time to bash the people who replied with solutions and suggestions?

If this kind of public discourse really ticks you off, please don't read these msgs.

No one is forcing you to do that.

Happy holidays...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but that is just not so.

First of all, the Adobe Exchange to date is a failure when it comes to Dreamweaver. A minuscule amount of extensions are sold there and there are serious installation and other technical difficulties. We have been in communication with Adobe directly on this and they are working on solutions. Nothing to date has been fixed.

Secondly, I was one of the original Dreamweaver Evangelists, back in 1998. I have been away from the Adobe forums (for the most part) for years because of changes to the culture. I was invited to become an ACP a few months ago. I clearly stated upfront that I would be mentioning my company's extensions and it that were acceptable, I would love to join the "team". Our extensions are first rate, often the best solution for certain types of customers, and our support without peer. But most of all, for many they are valuable assets to Dreamweaver. Actually, if there weren't a vibrant extension community back in the late 90s, this forum would not be here, because it is very likely Dreamweaver would have been dropped by Macromedia.

So, you don't have to look at our extensions if they make you sick. You don't have to read my posts if I make you sick. We don't advertise here. This forum is actually nearly dead, relatively speaking, and I would estimate if we had a video ad on every page, we might enjoy one or two sales a week.

Merry Christmas / Happy Holidays.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you want to sell your products, you make like the other: tv, press, ..., but not in a forum where we discuss about the use of a software with requests and answers regarding its use, but not to see unnecessary advertisements

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already answered you. I am not advertising. If I did want to "advertise", this forum would not be the place as it is relatively dead. It should not be overlooked that the original poster has been taken care of - without the use of extensions - and that he has even marked my reply to your initial outburst as the Correct Answer for this topic.

Let it go. You'll feel much better. There is no reason to be cross or negative here.

Have a happy holiday season.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I unmarked the so called correct answer and marked the subject as assumed answered.

This has been a setup right from the start VL Branko and the OP (alias Weather man) are regulars on the PVII forum and are buddies (if not more) of ALsp​ .

Go figure.

The subject has been answered. The topic has now been locked.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2018 Dec 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You really have some nerve Ben Pleaser to accuse me of some kind of collusion.

To insinuate that my post was a "Set up" to help ALsp. This could not be further from the truth. When I made this ONE AND ONLY post on the Adobe site, I was looking for help and had no idea ALsp was a moderator. Then you say I am a regular on the PVII forums, and again, you are completely wrong. I joined the PV7 forum this past week for the first time ever. Then, after suggesting this collusion, you lock the thread so I can't respond.

I hope the other Adobe moderators seek out the truth first before cutting off free speech and accusing posters of some kind of collusion.

You should not be a moderator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 23, 2018 Dec 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You really have some nerve Ben Pleaser to accuse me of some kind of collusion.

To insinuate that my post was a "Set up" to help ALsp. This could not be further from the truth. When I made this ONE AND ONLY post on the Adobe site, I was looking for help and had no idea ALsp was a moderator. Then you say I am a regular on the PVII forums, and again, you are completely wrong. I joined the PV7 forum this past week for the first time ever. Then, after suggesting this collusion, you lock the thread so I can't respond.

I hope the other Adobe moderators seek out the truth first before cutting off free speech and accusing posters of some kind of collusion.

You should not be a moderator.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines