Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Locked] Dreamweaver-What exactly am I buying

Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi:

I am using Dreamweaver 6 and I am considering buying the latest CC version. Well, renting it I guess.

I don't own ANY subscription applications, because I don't agree with this model.

Now, having said that I am considering DW CC whatever......

What do I get for my $240 a year?

yeah, I see

• Includes: 100GB of cloud storage, Adobe Portfolio, Adobe Fonts, and Adobe Spark with premium features

Do I get to download an application or am I stuck using an online version?

Depending on the answer above, do I have to store my files in the cloud, or can I store my files locally?

What is Adobe Portfolio, Adobe Spark, and where can I learn about the fonts?

To be honest, not really an Adobe fan, because finding anything on your site always seems to be a nightmare.

Frankly, I don't even expect an answer to these questions......

Great way to start, eh?

Thank you

Rich

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

#1 Creative Cloud is NOT cloud-based software.  CC desktop apps install on your OS just the same as before.

See system requirements.  Adobe Creative Cloud system requirements

#2 Work files are under your control.  You may store them wherever you wish.  The optional Cloud Stroage is useful when synchronizing with other devices or collaborating with people but it's not required that you use it.

#3 IMO, Creative Suite 6 is not better than CC (it's 9 versions behind).  But if you find you need it for

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 113 Replies 113
Engaged ,
Dec 21, 2018 Dec 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Merci beaucoup. Je ne parle pas beaucoup français, mais j'ai grandi au Canada avec de nombreux francophones. Avoir plusieurs parents et amis qui sont Canadiens français. Mon frère parle couramment et est allé à l'université française moyenne. Je détestais étudier le français à l'école parce que cela nous était imposé, mais malgré cela, j'en ai appris par osmose. Ce n'est pas moi mais Google traduit en train de parler.

I took one look but I will have to watch it a few times more to absorb it. Thank you so much for taking the time to make it. One thing, I had to crank the volume to maximum to hear what you were saying. I forgot to lower after watching with predictable results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

your frenchoogle is remarkable... what a pleasure to read on its own language.... that is relaxing...

sorry for the recording audio level I have set it low.... usually I spent sometimes to send it to normalise plus two pass of noise reduction... but this time, I did it the faster way.... on the headphone it was quite good... ... youps.... sorry again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/B+i+r+n+o+u  wrote

your frenchoogle is remarkable... what a pleasure to read on its own language.... that is relaxing...

sorry for the recording audio level I have set it low.... usually I spent sometimes to send it to normalise plus two pass of noise reduction... but this time, I did it the faster way.... on the headphone it was quite good... ... youps.... sorry again

Vous devriez visiter le Québec. La Québécoise est le français que votre arrière grand mère a parlé. Je pense que la ville fortifiée de Québec est la plus vieille ville du continent nord-américain. C'est la chose la plus proche d'être en Europe. Le Québec est comme un autre pays. À tel point que dans les années 1970, le Canada a presque connu une guerre civile à cause de la question du bilinguisme. Même de Gaulle s'est impliqué et a encouragé le Québec à se séparer du Canada. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vive_le_Qu%C3%A9bec_libre

About the audio it was okay I just have to remember to reduce the volume after watching it to avoid waking the neighbors when I play something else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice video. Perhaps with the advances in CSS coding tools, Adobe will consider going back to a more friendly and uncluttered CSS panel instead of the "Designer". The CSS Designer is where I have disagreed with Adobe the past several years. CSS coding support has always been excellent and is getting even better. Bur not everyone codes 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ALsp  wrote

CSS coding support has always been excellent and is getting even better.

I would say that that comment is rubbish, but as it will probably get me censored, I won't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't pull any punches now, Paula

I should have said something like, basic CSS coding support (ie code completion) has always been decent. Actually, I code CSS all the time in CS6, but I guess since can probably do it in Notepad makes me different than the typical user.

But it's not worth arguing on a tangential basis in this particular thread. It would  be nice, though, if you could combine DW 19 CSS coding support (not the Designer) with some of the features in CS6 (let's not get into frameworks or fluid grids, though).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ALsp  wrote

Nice video. Perhaps with the advances in CSS coding tools, Adobe will consider going back to a more friendly and uncluttered CSS panel instead of the "Designer". The CSS Designer is where I have disagreed with Adobe the past several years. CSS coding support has always been excellent and is getting even better. Bur not everyone codes 🙂

I wonder if anyone on the DW development team actually ever used it to make webpages in a serious way? By that I mean beyond just testing it on dummy pages. In the past I wrote software where I was the end user so I made sure it did what I wanted it to do as the user. Are they also end users who make webpages?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/VL+Branko  wrote

I wonder if anyone on the DW development team actually ever used it to make webpages in a serious way? By that I mean beyond just testing it on dummy pages

The answer to that is no, and that is not just the Dw team, but CAB and pre-release members. Most do not develop websites or apps for a living, and a few cannot even code beyond IE8 requirerments, (pre html5, css3).

As I have said before, 'the blind leading the blind'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pziecina  a écrit

CAB and pre-release members. Most do not develop websites or apps for a living, and a few cannot even code beyond IE8 requirerments, (pre html5, css3).

I can't let you say something like this, I know some of the CAB member and they effectively do web site and app for living...  perhaps that wasn't your case, but Rick, Gary, Brad, Alejandro, Peter... just to name a few was doing that...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you still living in California?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pziecina   a écrit

CAB and pre-release members. Most do not develop websites or apps for a living, and a few cannot even code beyond IE8 requirerments, (pre html5, css3).

I can't let you say something like this, I know some of the CAB member and they effectively do web site and app for living...  perhaps that wasn't your case, but Rick, Gary, Brad, Alejandro, Peter... just to name a few was doing that...

and how many of those participate in this forum? (Please say hello to Brad and Alejandro for me, and wish them a merry xmas).

On the release of Dw 2017, and the fallout from that, only yourself and Jim tried to help out. All CAB members are ACP's, so they would be the ideal persons to reply to any user questions following any release.

Also if you look at CAB members, less than 15% actually code to modern standards, and rely on their knowledge to earn a living. Knowing how something should work, and how one codes is much more important in the early stages of any testing, than just testing what has been given by the Dw team.

If any tester does not 'test' a feature to the breaking point, and ensure it complies to the w3c specs and requirements of the modern web, they may as well not test.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pziecina  wrote

https://forums.adobe.com/people/VL+Branko   wrote

I wonder if anyone on the DW development team actually ever used it to make webpages in a serious way? By that I mean beyond just testing it on dummy pages

The answer to that is no, and that is not just the Dw team, but CAB and pre-release members. Most do not develop websites or apps for a living, and a few cannot even code beyond IE8 requirerments, (pre html5, css3).

You must have said

"As I have said before, 'the blind leading the blind'."

somewhere else not in this thread but I understand.

What is "CAB?"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/VL+Branko  wrote

What is "CAB?"

CAB = Consumer Advisory Board.

It is a group of invited experts that is supposed to advise the Dw managment and team on what is required and how it should work. That's the theory .

Yes I do laugh every time I write that, as for Adobe CAB, for (insert product name) it mainly consists of authors, (any product, or year back to the start of Adobe) teachers (any subject/product) and invited 'experts' (any product). I even know of one Dw CAB member who has never coded anything, and has no idea how to write a link in html.

The last sentence I think says it all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I even know of one Dw CAB member who has never coded anything, and has no idea how to write a link in html.

I was on early - until I publicly criticized either Spry or Fluid Grids (can't remember) and got dumped. I also criticized the group (not a good idea) as being a group of coding incompetents and Adobe enablers (people that strive really hard not to upset the apple cart no matter how rotten the apples may be). My opinion? The CAB program was a major contributor to Dreamweaver's ruination. The Dreamweaver team needs what my mother called hard love.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Dec 20, 2018 Dec 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The CSS Designer, as Adobe calls it, is kind of like Bootstrap: Love it or Hate it. It has a little more reason to be hated by programmers, anyway, as it defies most UI conventions. That said, many of the newer code editors also employ weird UI conventions, so... there you go . And Birnou is French, a place full of wonderful, very smart, and industrious people (and lots of great cooks) who still manage to like French cars. So, I'm not sure what's up with that. But as long as you edit CSS in the actual CSS file, you'll be cool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

arf arf...... Well, more or less agree, if only for the French people love German cars and not French ones (which sell very well abroad)... so the French particularly like Mercedes, BMW, Porsche, Audi... or Italian models like Ferrari or Lamborghini.....

for my personal taste, the model I particularly like, which I had during the few years I spent in LA... is an American model..... it is a Ford Mustang convertible 68.......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

underhood.jpg

Merry Christmas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm convertibles  in North Carolina, definitely a seasonal toy (lived in the Smokies for 8 years).  But would be nice to drive on the Blue Ridge Parkway in warm weather

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes the Z series is well appreciated here on this side of the Atlantic, but to drive on the pacific coast highway or in the streets of downtown LA, when listening to 103.5 station... hmmm..... stang 68 had no peer...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahh the PCH, brings back a lot of memories. I recall driving up the PCH from San Diego to the Bay Area and beyond in the early 90s in a new sports car. California definitely is better for convertibles than NC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/VL+Branko  a écrit

Ahh the PCH, brings back a lot of memories. I recall driving up the PCH from San Diego to the Bay Area and beyond in the early 90s in a new sports car. California definitely is better for convertibles than NC.

at that period and earlier..; didn't you cross, on the road,  a red stang 68... I saw some PCH... perhaps that was you... arf arf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/VL+Branko   a écrit

at that period and earlier..; didn't you cross, on the road,  a red stang 68... I saw some PCH... perhaps that was you... arf arf

I was in a Bonzai Blue, Laser, car of the year in its class for 1991. The only car that stands out in my mind from those days was an Acura NSX. You could call it a Japanese Ferrari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's even worse is that it's my partner  that lives in NC. I'm actually in Ohio. But since my Z was convertible hardtop, I drove it a lot in the winter. It doesn't snow every day . But I traded the roadster two years ago for an all-wheel-drive M240 with a Dinan chip set. Change it to winter tires and the little beast might not be as sexy as the Z, but she goes anywhere, any season, and a hell of a lot faster

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ALsp  wrote

What's even worse is that it's my partner  that lives in NC. I'm actually in Ohio. But since my Z was convertible hardtop, I drove it a lot in the winter. It doesn't snow every day . But I traded the roadster two years ago for an all-wheel-drive M240 with a Dinan chip set. Change it to winter tires and the little beast might not be as sexy as the Z, but she goes anywhere, any season, and a hell of a lot faster

Where in Ohio? At least NC has mountains, OH not much. That M240 is no slouch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Northeast. About halfway between Cleveland and Akron.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines