• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

OS X 10.9 Mavericks / Dreamweaver CC Issue

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2013 Oct 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope someone can help, am a bit stuck.

I (foolishly) upgraded to OS X 10.9 and now cannot load Dreamweaver. I'm being asked to install Java SE 6 (which I have now done about 20 times) but the application never loads.

I have uninstalled, including settings. Reinstalled. Rebooted. Repaired Permissions.

Any suggestions..?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 23, 2013 Oct 23, 2013

Hello Andy,

Can you please let us know if you installed Java SE 6 from the alert dialog you get on launch of Dreamweaver. This will help others who are also facing similar issue.

Please note, installing Java SE 7 will not help. When you launch Dreamweaver, an alert dialog with a button to install Java SE 6 will be popped if it is not already installed. Clicking on the button will install the required Java runtime and Dreamweaver can be launched there after.

Regards,

Yalpi Shiva prasad

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. Help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 23, 2013 Oct 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I just found a link stating that in 10.9 although Java says its installed terminal reports it otherwise .http://wallydavid.com/macos-x-10-9-mavericks-beta-tips-tricks-installing-java

Please confirm if java is installed by Opening your terminal in /Applications/Utilities/Terminal.app  and type “java -version”.

I would suggest you guys to try out the workaround stated in the link in case java does not exist in your systems

Meanwhile we too are investigating this issue and I will keep you guys updated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same issue.

The problem is I have already installed Java 7 jdk for eclipse.

When I start Dreamweaver, it looks for Java 6 SE.

Should I install it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solved it! Uninstalled java. Then opened dreamera vet and updated.

Bingo bongo

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Andy,

Can you please let us know if you installed Java SE 6 from the alert dialog you get on launch of Dreamweaver. This will help others who are also facing similar issue.

Please note, installing Java SE 7 will not help. When you launch Dreamweaver, an alert dialog with a button to install Java SE 6 will be popped if it is not already installed. Clicking on the button will install the required Java runtime and Dreamweaver can be launched there after.

Regards,

Yalpi Shiva prasad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. So uninstall java. Then install via dream weaver.

Worked for me

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2013 Nov 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While this works, for the moment, downgrading other applications to make Adobe work, should not be a solution.

That's just my opinion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2013 Nov 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi slJeans,

I don't know how other apps are downgraded as you can have multiple engines running. You just want to run the ones that are needed and no more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2013 Nov 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem with CS5 opening for 2 seconds before crashing. I followed all the various bits of advice above but to no avail. I then decided to try removing Dreamweaver user preferences and much to my pleasure all is now fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 07, 2013 Nov 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Gary,

The issue discussed in this thread is where users are unable to launch Dreamweaver due to missing Java Runtime.

The issue you are referring to seems to the Crash on Launch discussed in the below thread. On Mavericks, Dreamweaver CS5(newer versions work fine) is crashing on opening Browser Lab panel. So if the Dreamweaver Workspace a Browser Panel and not minimized, on every launch Dreamweaver CS5 would try to load Browser lab and hence crash.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5799374

So when you removed the User Preferences folder, the workspace got cleared and hence you are able to launch now.

Regards,

Yalpi Shiva Prasad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for me and the solution mentionned above worked.  I did go to ~Library in my system (Not the User Library), removed the folder Java completely.  Then Internet Plug-ins just above and Removed the Java Plug-In.  Emptied the trash, ran dreamweaver and installed java again from the pop-up and it opened again.

Thanks for the tips guys !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another solution is to re-enable Java SE 6 from Terminal using steps 1-4 from here: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5559?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US  after installing the Java SE 6 install prompt in the Alert dialogue box.

Worked the ticket for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of the solutions above have worked for me so far. I've uninstalled and re-installed java, restarted my computer, as well as followed the steps provided in the links above. Dreamweaver cc won't open for me at all. It pops up on the dock for 1/2 a second and immediately closes. Very frustrating.

Edit: So, I managed to resolve this by uninstalling Dreamweaver CC, repairing disk permissions via Disk Utility, restarting my computer, and then re-installing Dreamweaver CC. Dreamweaver is now open and running just fine.

Message was edited by: queenofnoise

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try updating Java via the App Store.  I already had JRE7 and I was unable to launch anything in CS5 or CS6 because of the Java message. I downloaded and installed it three times before doing the App Store update which finally took.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2013 Oct 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Java was installed on my system and was upgraded as an outcome of the Maverick update. If I uninstall JRE 7, how will that affect my Maverick Upgrade?  Does anyone have inputs regarding the effects on Maverick by returning to JRE 6 or reinstalling JRE 7 via a different channel?

The installation of Maverick crashed my drive and I had to do a recovery amid stream. Only Two apps were rejected by Maverick; Dream Weaver and a Western Digital app.

It may make sense to wait a day or two if a bugfix is put out rather than fiddle with the Java updates. I hope something comes out quickly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installing JRE 6 http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1572  won't affect JRE7. Apparently Mavericks doesn't have 6, it only has 7, and apps like CS4, CS5 and CS6 need 6 in order to run, until Adobe releases an update to make them work with 7, which they may or may not do, given the "push" to move everyone to "the cloud".

I've read literally hundreds of posts in the Apple forums about people who've had a total system failure after installing Mavericks. I've had a few things not work as expected, but it's been pretty much "smooth sailing" so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. Just installed Mavericks this morning. Have installed Java SE6. Everything is working except Dreamweaver CS5 v11.0 build 4993. Opens with menus and then without any alerts coming up it crashes. Have uninstalled Java, restarted, installed SE6, restarted, and nothing works. Any foolow-ups that may help me?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find it interesting that Apple calls this new system 'Maverick' as it is the first major deployment after the Steven Jobs Era. A Maverick is a dissenter and refuses to abide by the rules. A Maverick is also an unbranded range animal - wild. This OS deployment is a departure from the traditional Apple Brand not only in look but also performance. It is closer to Microsoft in brand now.

I have dealt with information technology since the Summer of 1982. We have learned very little over the years. I transitioned to Apple in 2009 because of Microsoft's genuine advantage being disingenuous. After proving my legitimate ownership of the Microsoft products, Microsoft was unable to recover my machine after shutting it down. I purchased Adobe's CS5 DreamWeaver having Spry which rendered the application useless and wasted my money. I am quite bitter about that. There have been case study after case study about using vendor specific technologies. Adobe ignored every one of the long hard learned principles about vendor specific technologies.

Again we are faced with this problem with compatibility issues between the OS and Adobe products. And again this is something that could be avoided had there been collaboration between Adobe and Apple. I am not saying this is Adobe's fault but it is thier issue to fix now.

When will we ever learn?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GeoBulb,

You need to do a little research

1. Mavericks is a surfing spot near Pillar Point Harbor in Northern California. Hence the "wave" picture that's used as the default desktop wallpaper.
  2. Not only is it OS X's first non-cat name, it's actually named after a German Shepard named Maverick. Hard to say how many place names in California are named after dogs, but it could be an interesting trend.
  3. The name is a possessive, not a plural (several Mavericks).

Spry was a good technology in its day. That day has come and gone, as have the days of framed pages and AP DIv only pages and tables as layouts.  Those who refuse to move along with technology, usually only gripe about how poorly their old techniques and software perform by comparison.

I'm not "made of money", but I have made connections in the computing world that allow me to keep up with most of the new technologies within a short time after their release if not immediately.  I don't have funds for professional training, so I spend a lot of time (a commodity of which I have much more than money) "self teaching" and practicing to learn the latest industry practices. It was just a few months ago I built my first "Fluid Grid" layout website. The client is extremely pleased with it, and although $2500 would have had me doing that when CS6 first came out, I know what I'm doing with it now and I learned just as much as a college class or Lynda.com course would have taught me.

Mavericks has a lot of features I'm still getting used to, and I've disabled some of them because they either don't serve my needs or they're counterproductive to my work. "Spaces" is one. I keep a second monitor for "Full screen" windows in apps that work with dual screen workspaces, like Dreamweaver, Photoshop and Audition. Spaces prevents that by putting a menu bar and dock on each display. I've had to rewrite several keyboard shortcuts that conflict with Adobe shortcuts, but I'm working thorough it. All in all, Mavericks is working pretty well for me so far... INCLUDING with Adobe apps.

FWIW, I've NEVER seen an OS rollout that ever went 100% "glitch free", especially out of Microstuff. At least Apple is batting .900 or better instead of .500 at best.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks McBlob,

Despite whatever the other reasoning is, a Maverick remains what it is unbranded, wild by definition of the term.

I use JQuery and probably I am more current and trained than most. ie Undergrad in Operations Management, Masters in IT, PMP, MicorSoft Cert, Novell Cert, RDBMS cert, etc... The qualifications are present to comment. My concern is the the application was rendered useless as it could not be configured. This wasted my money.  I had to purchase the upgrade and never used the previous application purchased due to the inability to configure it correctly. The reasoning was painfully apparent that a vendor specific technology was attempted without market support.

There are scores of case studies that point to how to implement emerging technologies. The common practice is the build a consortium of major market stakeholders. The more stakeholders the merrier but three major ones at a minimum to embrace the technology. This is how standards are produced industry wide and supported. There are scores of these consortiums from the IEEE, 3WC, Jquery Foundation, etc...

This current issue appears strongly to be a lack of collaboration between Apple and Adobe as this seems to have caught them by surprise. Yet another common concern, collaboration, in the industry that case study after case study points towards. Even outside the industry in industries like Supply Chain. Collaboration up and down the chain is essential - it is fundamental to not only reducing problems but also profitability. Software applications can be considered supply chain having downstream and up stream management, cash flows, and information flows.

I just wonder when, just when will we ever practice these things; collaboration, how to deploy emerging technologies, etc...? In the rush to market and profits we cost ourselves incredible amounts of money.  I don't think the opportunity costs of rushing this upgrade to market out weighed the costs accruing now... 

I appreciate Adobe participating in this dialogue and not removing these posts. Whereas, Apple removed the posts and sent me an email about my lack of productive comments. There was nothing different said there than here; an attention getter then follow on discussion. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GeoBub wrote:

I appreciate Adobe participating in this dialogue and not removing these posts. Whereas, Apple removed the posts and sent me an email about my lack of productive comments. There was nothing different said there than here; an attention getter then follow on discussion. Thanks!

I get one a week there removed "for violating community guidelines".

They are an "uppity bunch", aren't they? They HAVE been a bit more liberal with the Mavericks forum because they need to gather as much feedback as they can, and that means listening to a lot more 'griping" than they normally would.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ROTFL, once again the Cluetrain Manifesto is a series of 95 thesis on the internet. It is kind of like Martin Luther's 95 points of discussion tacted on the Angleton's Church Door.  One thesis is particularly interesting to your point here. Companies love to dominant the conversation and flood it with serendipitous messages of their utopia. However, they are only a equal participant in the conversation. The conversation will go on with or without them. They might as well participate as an equal and have a voice.

Apple lost its voice as now the conversation has moved elsewhere. They may pick up on it somewhere else but it will have been over by then.  It amazes me. The same ole issues exist today as in 1982. Its just more complex and faster with broader touchpoints. We tend to just ignore what we know and rediscover things. One day human lkind will land on the Moon and discover that America was there already - kind of like America's discovery that the Vikings preceded Columbus. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

same problems... after 2 days installing and recovering finished with working mavericks and dreamweaver CS 5

First i only upgrade my system... dreamweaver crashed.. i think i was to fast with restoring from TC.

Third time i installed a new fresh lion system, upgraded to mavericks without updating the system before

(i forgot, i do not update xcode, i will test it later...)

i migrate my whole User from time capsule

repair rights in harddisk manager

start photoshop and install Java 6

now i don´t want to make the same mistake and found this forum

Post 9  Step 1 - 4

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5559?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

start dreamweaver

need to correct the folders because i rename the hard disk

now it works

hope i can help you!

Nachricht geändert durch Schultka

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines