• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Purchase ot DW CS6 from eBay - Big Mistake

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2017 Feb 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got burned! I purchased Dreamweaver CS6 off eBay and once installed, it crashed all my original Adobe products. The software was purchased from marsma295 (Bruce Brady / Mark Small) in Norwalk, CT.

I should have known something was different from the initial “splash screen” of Dreamweaver CS6, that this was not “original” software from Adobe. The manner of installation was yet another sign that this was not an original Adobe product. After I installed CS6, my previous version of Dreamweaver 5.5 stopped working. Photoshop CS6 also stopped working. Whatever was included in the version of Dreamweaver CS6 that was sold to me, interfered with these previously installed (original) Adobe products. To make matters even worse, after attempting to re-install these damaged programs, I received error messages that “Adobe Support Adviser” and “Adobe Application Manager” was not working and any attempt to re-install Dreamweaver 5.5 and Photoshop CS6 was stopped.

Anyone else have issue from this seller?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 12, 2017 Feb 12, 2017

Ouch!  Sadly, this sort of thing happens all too frequently.  Adobe has warnings about piracy on their web site.

Adobe Genuine software

Adobe Genuine software FAQ

Did you report this to eBay?

When You're Dissatisfied With Your eBay Purchase

Did you report it to Adobe?

Reporting - Add tip

Nancy

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Buying software on ebay? Getting burned by it? Surprised?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ouch!  Sadly, this sort of thing happens all too frequently.  Adobe has warnings about piracy on their web site.

Adobe Genuine software

Adobe Genuine software FAQ

Did you report this to eBay?

When You're Dissatisfied With Your eBay Purchase

Did you report it to Adobe?

Reporting - Add tip

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Nancy,

THANK YOU for your response. I had looked for a contact for Adobe but was not able to find anything. I just sent off a response (with documentation) to them. I had already started a response to eBay. I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to send me this information. I’m just a retired old guy that likes to create websites. I should have known that “if the offer sounds too good to be true,” ............

Take Care,

Frank Stone

www.videofrompics.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

f you paid by Credit Card or PayPal, contact them as well. 

As for your computer....  I think you'll need to wipe your hard drive and reinstall your operating system.   There's not much else you can do when your system is infected with malware.

Nancy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy,

My computer is back to normal thanks to the Windows 10 System Image feature. I performed the backup just before I installed Dreamweaver CS6.

I did pay using PayPal. This is my 1st time going through a refund request with eBay. However, I have not contacted PayPal directly. Do I need to do so, or will they be informed because I’ll already eBay?

Frank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good news about your computer.

eBay needs to ban the seller. 

But to get your money back, you must contact PayPal immediately.

https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/How-do-I-report-potential-fraud-to-PayPal-FAQ2422

Nancy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2017 Feb 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

FYI....... I just heard back from eBay. They said to return the software and they will refund my money. Thanks again for your help and suggestions.

Keep Doing Those Random Acts of Kindness,

Frank Stone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines