• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The November 2019 update to Dreamweaver is now live!

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We are pleased to announce the latest update (20.0) to Dreamweaver. 

Key features of the release::

• Seamless Live View Editing: Edit documents in Live View with a single click. Along with element text you can edit content directly inside semantic tags and all changes are auto synced to code view.
  • Code Hints Improvements: PHP hints you are looking for are always at the top now with the improved filtering logic. Also, we have improved availability of HTML, CSS, JS code hints.
  • Default font changes for JP locale: Japanese text & source code readability has been improved with Source Han Code JP as the new default font for JP locale.
  • MacOS 10.15 support: Dreamweaver 2020 is compatible with the new MacOS 10.15 version.

For more info on the latest features, see https://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/using/whats-new.html

Thanks,

Preran

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2019 Nov 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be super if the fr unit didn't get marked as an error in codeview. It seems like you guys could have fixed this by now. Also, the fact that print code still doesn't wrap on the printed page makes it pretty much useless.

I teach web design to a multimedia class. The only reason I continue to use DW is that the sync between the server and the local drive is easy to use for my students, who have plenty of other things to be confused about without worrying about that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi cbenscoter ,

Thanks for highlighting the issues.

We are updating the CSS lint and also we are able to reproduce the print code issue.

Currently we are working on the fix and will keep you informed once we get more updates regarding the fix of above issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow this is just what is buggin me. I need some help getting the FTP to work.

I just changed by server to Go Daddy.

These are my settings that do not work.

Access: FTP
FTP Host: a long string of unique letters and numbers
Host Directory: public_html
Login: a long string of unique letters and numbers
Password: Password to get into CPanel

What do yu use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haave posted on the main Adobe Support Community board but just to repeat to all here ...

The new facility which allows you to edit in 'Live View' makes life so much better! It is a fabulous improvement to the software.

Well done to the developers.

Paul

Cushnie Enterprises

www.cushnieent.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2019 Dec 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's nice BUT why is the minimum system either windows 7 or windows 10?? Someone forget there is a windows 8.1 64 bit OUT THERE!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 13, 2019 Dec 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm guessing they're just going by market share, as to whether they'll support a given OS.

It probably isn't financially responsible, to spend the kind of  resources it takes to make sure 8.x users can work with the programs, given it represents less than 6% of all Windows users. The program will still run, it's just not going to be "Certified to Run®™©".

W7 is still well over a quarter of all Windows users, even though Extended Support ends next month and it's going to get a bit sporty on the internet without any security fixes for those users.

W10 is over 64% and climbing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Preran,

nice to see you again and so I want to wish you all the best for 2020, a stable health, success in your profession and so too the best wishes to your family.

And here my concerns. Please have a look there in the community:
Dreamweaver latest update 20.0 (Q1):
Dreamweaver latest update 20.0 (Q2): presentation method of Includes
Dreamweaver latest update 20.0 (Q3): Two screens

Thanks

Hans-Günter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can ya'll please put in a fix so we are allowed to use the arrow keys in tables and such? When i'm typing stuff in tables, I want to use the arrow keys to go to the next cell. I am unable to right now. I have to take my hand off the keyboard and go to the mouse every single time and it throws off my rhythm. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CSS Preprocessors have stopped working with the update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please remover as much legacy stuff as possible. Stuff like JQuery Mobile etc... makes Dreamweaver looks very dated. Please support newer web trends like PWA. We need forward looking stuff, not old stuff people no longer use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Live view works great, until it doesn't work.

That is the problem I am now dealing with.

Suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its amazing that with gorwing numbers of robust system its still working perfectly fine for a huge community. 

Thanks,

Zamprinting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you change the icon colour back to green, or any colour combination that isn't exaclty the same as XD? I use Dreamweaver and XD frequently. Now I have to read the icon when switching between the two apps. I use Command+Tab every time I switch between apps, and the problem is no different in the dock. This is affecting my efficiency and it is using up time in my day.

dw-xd-dock.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines