• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where can I adjust the properties?

Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, in earlier versions of Dreaweaver there was the possibility to show the properties

drwfrüher.PNG

How can I adjust this in Dreamweaver CC?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 23, 2018 Feb 23, 2018

You can drag the named tab of a window to the edges of the application frame to dock them in place.

Right now your Properties window is just floating instead of docked.

Click and drag it to the bottom of the screen until you see a highlight appear, then release.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it still present,but not activated by default... you can find it in Windows > Properties.... or Ctrl / Cmd + F3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows>Properities I cannot find. The adjustment is not in DW but in Windows or do I missunderstand you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi sommerhitze,

If you want to load properties pane in DW, please try doing so via menu Windows > Properties.

Properties pane comes undock by default, you can drag and dock it to the bottom of DW screen.

Please let us know if you still have questions.

-Lalita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean I can adjust this in Windwos(OS) or in DW>Preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 23, 2018 Feb 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your effort, but I only get this

DW Eigenschaften.PNGwithout any content

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that is a know bug... try to close documents, quit DW, relaunch and try again... you can also try to swap from display to live view, then code only... and try again...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you no it works

but with my laptop I do not get these properties on the window width

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Birnou

please read my supplement my supplement

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

where is your supplement ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

see post #8

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

youps.. still don't get what you mean... screen shot, or better explanation could help !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here a screenshot:

drw-breite.PNG

the width is not as big as the width of dreamweaver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can drag the named tab of a window to the edges of the application frame to dock them in place.

Right now your Properties window is just floating instead of docked.

Click and drag it to the bottom of the screen until you see a highlight appear, then release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2024 Feb 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you to Sommerhitze for their original question.  I now have the properties panel floating in my workspace.  I would like to position it at the bottom of the screen as mentioned by Jon Fitz in 2018.  I am wondering if this can still be done in the latest version of Dreamweaver.  I have dragged it to where I want it docked but no highlight appears.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 26, 2024 Feb 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something to check, before adjusting the positioning of your windows within DW, is to verify you have the application Maximized on one screen. 

You need to drag the named tab/top bar of the window all the way to the bottom of the Application Frame in order for the highlight to appear. If the app frame is in Windowed mode and slightly off-screen to the bottom of your monitor, or hidden behind your Task Bar, you'll never get the option to dock it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

1. Ctrl + F3 to open Properties panel.

2. Click, drag, hold & release mouse when you see a blue outline appear around the panel.

3. When done, save your Custom Workspace as a Preset.  See below for more details.

https://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/using/dreamweaver-workflow-workspace.html#RearrangingpanelsinDre...

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This behavior has remained unchanged for years, and works identically in the latest version. The only difference, which can sometimes be confusing, is that by default, the properties palette is floating, and the insertion palette is docked on the right-hand side of the interface.

Palettes can always be docked as required, on the top, right, bottom or left-hand side. If the blue line indicating docking validation doesn't light up, try refining the position by moving the mouse around the desired area... if it still doesn't light up, this indicates that this precise location is not permitted for docking, but these are rare.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines